Livingston v Dunfermline

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Nathaniel Wedderburn is the one to worry about. A Talbot boot to the face may be unpleasant but getting wiped out by Nat is like watching someone get hit by a skip that has been launched off a tower block. 

Lack of strikers is a bit of a worry for this one, but it's reassuring that Livi have Alexander in goals - basically a one-goal head-start for us.

Think it'll be the same team as Saturday with Shiels coming in for McManus. Bench is looking very bare with just a few players out - hopefully get a signing in the next couple of days to strengthen.

Alexander in goals is very reassuring for our defenders, I think he will be key to Livingston having a decent season, quite confident we can match up well physically, reckon this game is a draw all day long, but I am plumping for us to nick it 2-1 :thumsup2

Lack of strikers is a bit of a worry for this one, but it's reassuring that Livi have Alexander in goals - basically a one-goal head-start for us.

This makes no sense do you not know Alexander has no weaknesses.

Looking forward to this one. Livingston fans sound a lot like we did this time last season. Great confidence in a side that won the league by a comfortable distance. The only difference is we were lucky enugh to play Dumbarton on the opening day and won comfortably (two last minute penalties aside). Dunfermline are considerably better than Dumbarton were/are, so Livingston will have their work cut out.

Pars to win by 2.

Sorry to be a miserable hoor but we could well get found out here and the lack of signings would suddenly look a bit careless. The four fringe players from last season currently in the starting 11 were all a bit underwhelming (to be kind) last season. I genuinely hope and believe they are all good additions to the team and think the cup games have been perfect for getting them bedded in but that could be blind optimism. Our only striker for this game is a seventeen year old with one competitive start (he does look fantastic though and hopefully he'll bag us plenty of goals before we cash in). Also, when Joe Cardle is in the mood there's not much that can stop him. He could score more in one game than McMullan managed in the league all season. 

Yeah I don't get the optimism at all tbh. We pumped the part time diddies at EEP as we always do and drew against a Hearts side that lost to Peterhead. 

The players we've brought in are hardly massive improvements on what we had last season. With the current squad we're looking at probably 5th or 6th. 

I would love to see Smith scoring here, a great game in his first start at a ground like Tynecastle followed by a goal (or even just another good performance) in his first league start would be incredible for his confidence. It would also mean we'd have a bit of competition for the front two once they're all fit.

Archived