Livingston v Dunfermline

Really looking forward to this one, both teams have had a good campaign in the league cup so come in high on confidence.

Hopefully we have Danny Mullen back and can be firing on all cylinders ready for a win to open up the league campaign

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Declan McManus (suspended) or Nicky Clark (just had an operation and out for four weeks) but we're still trying to bring in a few players.

Despite our rubbish start last year we had the third best away record behind Falkirk and Hibs so we've no fears going anywhere. We ended the season with four wins from six.

Could see a 2-2 draw. We're bound to have a few frailties as the team will be a bit makeshift but we're pretty resilient now.

23 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

No Declan McManus (suspended) or Nicky Clark (just had an operation and out for four weeks) but we're still trying to bring in a few players.

Despite our rubbish start last year we had the third best away record behind Falkirk and Hibs so we've no fears going anywhere. We ended the season with four wins from six.

Could see a 2-2 draw. We're bound to have a few frailties as the team will be a bit makeshift but we're pretty resilient now.

Looked a pretty good team against Hearts, but that may be an indicator of how bad they are at the moment

Cardle looks like he might trouble us, busy player. Reminds me a bit of Mullen in the way he is constantly nipping at defenders. Our defence should hold firm, still expecting a 3 back from us - Alexander has the experience to win us this potentially

Tough game to start with but will be interesting to see how we fair against one of the better teams in this league. Defensively we've been pretty good and have managed to grind out wins in the Betfred cup, even without Mullen we scored goals too.

I'd takea draw if i'm honest, just to get a point on the board before we play Brechin away.

Haven't been to Livingston since 22nd December 2001. It was freezing and finished nil-nil.

Which train station should I be heading to? Scottish Ground Guide seems to suggest they're both ages away.

They are. Get the bus.

I would take a draw in this one tbh.

I rate Dunfermline chances of getting into the play offs so it's a really tough opener for us this. 

I watched the game yesterday and was extremely impressed by Dunfermline, one things for sure we are going to see two really hard working teams, I think it's going to be a decent game. 

As has been said above I'd take a point and move on but there is no reason we can't go and win this, don't think there is a massive amount between any of the teams in the league this season. 

Only time will tell. 

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Haven't been to Livingston since 22nd December 2001. It was freezing and finished nil-nil.

Which train station should I be heading to? Scottish Ground Guide seems to suggest they're both ages away.

I'd head into Livi North station, there's a bus stop right at the station. Go to the bus stop heading down the hill, although if it's a decent day the walk is only about a half hour or so., no more than 45 mins.

The bus is an 801 and it gets to the station stop at a little before 2:15 takes about 10 minutes to get to the stadium.

Would say have a good game, but I really hope you don't :)

We'll miss McManus, he's in good form and would put the Livi defence under all sorts of pressure. Hopefully Shiels is back to partner young Smith in attack. If not then we're down to either one up front or Hopkirk if he can get himself fit for once. Should be a decent game actually, I'm looking forward to it.

This should be easy enough for the Amber Machine, this team took 3 years to get out of league 1. I expect The Yellow Wall to stroll it.

Having a make-shift front line is a wee bit dodgy, but Smith has looked decent so far and Shiels should be able to play just behind him. Apart from that we look excellent all over the park. Joe Cardle has been brilliant after a season of very little action. The defence looks solid and, IMO, we have the best goalie in the league. 

Confident of getting a win here. Will be tight but I'll go for 2-1 Pars. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Having a make-shift front line is a wee bit dodgy, but Smith has looked decent so far and Shiels should be able to play just behind him. Apart from that we look excellent all over the park. Joe Cardle has been brilliant after a season of very little action. The defence looks solid and, IMO, we have the best goalie in the league. 

Confident of getting a win here. Will be tight but I'll go for 2-1 Pars. 

Since when did you have Neil Alexander?

The chap in goals against Hearts seemed to flap at the goal a fair bit

He had his worst game since Re signing for us and still pulled off two game saving saves, would far rather have him than Alexander.

We're struggling for strikers with 17 year old Smith the only one fully fit/not suspended, that'll be Livingstons best hope is us simply struggling to score.

A midfield which has Scott Robinson and Byrne should be lols.

Disappointed to be missing this one as both sides have had very good starts to the season so far. Have only saw us against Sunderland, Killie and Partick so far so it's difficult for me to fully judge us, if we play as well as we did in the second half against Partick then we have an excellent chance.

Archived