Sunderland v Celtic , Dafabet cup

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d always heard people say “there’s no such thing as bad publicity.” The theory is that as long as people are talking about you, it’s a good thing. Even if they’re saying awful things about you or your club, the publicity is supposed to still be good because your name is on the top of people’s minds, keeping you relevant.
Any myth is a good myth

25 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I’d always heard people say “there’s no such thing as bad publicity.” The theory is that as long as people are talking about you, it’s a good thing. Even if they’re saying awful things about you or your club, the publicity is supposed to still be good because your name is on the top of people’s minds, keeping you relevant.
Any myth is a good myth

Whit ?

On 2017-7-30 at 12:01, bennett said:

This Tommy Robinson guy filmed himself in a shop wearing a sevco shirt. 

A group of Celtic fans goaded by the sevco shirt went well out of their way to find the shop and attack those in it. 

Some wee woman hunted them and decked knocked oot bhoy. (Union flag cushion was lol)

The chubby cheeked guy with the sevco shirt had a good laugh at the Celtic fans.

Celtic fans are the victims.

Yeah but what I want to know is who got the most money from the sale of the aforementioned Sevco top?

Sports Direct or old squinty eyes?

I saw the events that happened at the weekend. The Celtic fans that got involved are way off the mark. I wouldn't go as far to say they deserved it as this would fall prey to the tit for tat mentality that usually surrounds these morons. The guy got a tanking from a baseball bat, and a sore one at that. He shouldn't have done what he done but a fitting punishment would have been for him to be collared by the police rather than taking one in the coupon. Violence and revenge never evens up the score. Tommy Robinson also played a big part in this. Tweeting all week. Looking for publicity. Wearing a Rangers top and shouting WATP. If this had been going around social media as openly as it had, I'm surprised the Police up here didn't alert their colleagues In Sunderland to the potential of trouble, especially with Tommy's reputation, the fact he decided to have a book signing in a corner shop near the ground and also the fact that some elements of the Celtic support would go mental if they seen him. Recipe for a disaster if you ask me.

I also however find it deeply worrying that Tommy Robinson is choosing to align himself very openly with the Rangers support. Ok, There are maybe some common Unionist tendencies at play here, but seriously Bears, do you really want this guy flying the flag for your club in whatever capacity? There's Unionists and there's arseholes. Tommy is the latter.

Whats next? He turns up at an Old Firm game? That would be interesting.

4 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I also however find it deeply worrying that Tommy Robinson is choosing to align himself very openly with the Rangers support. Ok, There are maybe some common Unionist tendencies at play here, but seriously Bears, do you really want this guy flying the flag for your club in whatever capacity? There's Unionists and there's arseholes. Tommy is the latter.

Tommy and a lot of his views are very popular amongst the the Rangers support.

Archived