Sunderland v Celtic , Dafabet cup

26 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I'll answer your questions the FB.

I haven't seen any press about the raising of money but if that's the case then well done.

As for the Lee Rigby song it's disgusting and I say that with as much conviction of disgust I have for the singing of the Bobby Sands song.

Dependent on your view or which side of the divide you come from, each can be seen as a hero or villain. Someone with republican sympathies, which are legitimate seeing as their political representatives now hold seats in a branch of UK parliament, would see Lee Rigby as an enemy as someone from the UK forces. In the same breath I would state that a staunch Unionist would despise Bobby Sands for his terrorist activities.

Bobby Skidmarks is correct. Songs like this are awful and both sides are as bad as each other.

Just for the record I support neither song. I think they're both sick.

So, a question for you FB. What is your response to the money raised by the GB and Celtic support to pay the fine and donate money to the Palestinian people? 

I am fully aware of Republicanism and it's standing as a reasonable political outlook and if people wish to support that ideology then I am not in any position to stop them as this is a free country . As you know it's far away from my outlook and I disagree a great deal with many of its main principles  . But the death of lee rigby at the hands of Islamic terrorists has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the republican movement . 

As for the whole Palestine fundraising thing I don't really have a great opinion of either side because without sounding too blunt and inconsiderate I don't really care. But if the money raised actually went to the people in hardship then that can only be a good thing 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

I'll answer your questions the FB.

I haven't seen any press about the raising of money but if that's the case then well done.

As for the Lee Rigby song it's disgusting and I say that with as much conviction of disgust I have for the singing of the Bobby Sands song.

Dependent on your view or which side of the divide you come from, each can be seen as a hero or villain. Someone with republican sympathies, which are legitimate seeing as their political representatives now hold seats in a branch of UK parliament, would see Lee Rigby as an enemy as someone from the UK forces. In the same breath I would state that a staunch Unionist would despise Bobby Sands for his terrorist activities.

Bobby Skidmarks is correct. Songs like this are awful and both sides are as bad as each other.

Just for the record I support neither song. I think they're both sick.

So, a question for you FB. What is your response to the money raised by the GB and Celtic support to pay the fine and donate money to the Palestinian people? 

Nothing wrong with supporting Palestinian people.

I have issues with their anti-Zionist stand. As in are they against Israeli oppression, which is fine, or are they against Jews being in Israel altogether by opposing the existence of the state of Israel? Latter is incredibly problematic.

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

I am fully aware of Republicanism and it's standing as a reasonable political outlook and if people wish to support that ideology then I am not in any position to stop them as this is a free country . As you know it's far away from my outlook and I disagree a great deal with many of its main principles  . But the death of lee rigby at the hands of Islamic terrorists has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the republican movement . 

As for the whole Palestine fundraising thing I don't really have a great opinion of either side because without sounding too blunt and inconsiderate I don't really care. But if the money raised actually went to the people in hardship then that can only be a good thing 

That's the whole point FB. You see, Republicans hate the UK armed forces, whatever shape they come in. If a soldier dies a high profile death then they care not. The simple fact is that an enemy to them has died. How they die is of no relevance to them. On the flip side, Bobby Sands was an enemy to Loyalists. He died as a result of hunger strike. He could as well been run over by a mobility scooter and that wouldn't have mattered. To them an enemy has died and thus both sides will make up sick songs about it to rattle the other side so it is related. It's the commonality of their barbaric and moronic outlooks. The relation in these events is that they look to each other's sufferings to draw ammunition to goad each other with or shout about. 

A perfect example was the death of McGuiness. He died from a heart problem or cancer (I'm not sure what it was but whatever it was it was a disease of age) yet people still burned effigies of him and made fun of the fact he died. Why? Because they hated him and that's where all this stems from.

Your second point is fair enough and I accept that however I feel the Palestinians issue is that Israel was created by way of a land grab and they were marginalised. This led to troubles where the Israelis dehumanised them with backing from the West. Getting into deeper politics here but put it this way, If you were In their shoes, wouldn't you fight back? And this is where the problems always stem from. The irony is that it was the UK that effectively caused the territory issue in the Middle East after the war by allowing many of its factors to happen.

1 hour ago, Blue92 said:

What a fucking spanner, mutants like that don't seem to give a f**k about the actual football. Embarrassment.

Sadly Blue, this is the kind of shit that is the scourge of football now, especially with Rangers and Celtic. What's more worrying for me, as a Celtic fan, is the post that was shared across my FB page earlier from a site that supports UK troops. In it they were branding all Celtic fans as animals and some of the opinions were pretty rough. I simply don't like to see that.

7 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

The rangers support as a whole have responded greatly to that nonsense and have been receiving praise for the money raised . Guys who harassed the old guy are clearly bangers . So the question to you now bobby since you seem so opinionated 

a) what is your view on the overwhelmingly positive response from the rangers fans 

b) your view of fans celebrating the beheading of a man from a terrorist attack 

You could have spent some of your money to save your club instead back in the day, or was that a bit out of reach for you?

9 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Im sure that headline is about the wee lad Charlie Gard passing away :(

It just looks like the writing of the headline is so bold it looks out of place.

On 01/08/2017 at 17:11, Bobby Skidmarks said:

What's worse Bennett, attacking Tommy Robinson or attacking an old man collecting for Cancer charities?

I'm going for A - Bennett.

22 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

The correct answer gentlemen, is they're both as bad as each other. But thank you for outing your whatboutery. 

It seems I misread the question.

Archived