The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

It's pretty much accepted in Scottish football that United are the big club in Dundee and they'll be lording it over the Dees again in the not so distant future. That said, I actually think it's pretty unfair to say there's an inferiority complex at play here. It's simply football rivalry. 

Whats the point in following a mediocre football club if you can't laugh at your rivals? 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

It's pretty much accepted in Scottish football that United are the big club in Dundee and they'll be lording it over the Dees again in the not so distant future. That said, I actually think it's pretty unfair to say there's an inferiority complex at play here. It's simply football rivalry. 

Whats the point in following a mediocre football club if you can't laugh at your rivals? 

It's not a complex.  They are inferior.

It's not a complex.  They are inferior.

It's time to move on, Granny. Nobody is denying the fact that once upon a time you were the better team, but the tide has well and truly turned. It's about time you and the rest of the Dayglo's realised you're now nothing but another Brechin City. Embrace the fact.

4 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

It's time to move on, Granny. Nobody is denying the fact that once upon a time you were the better team, but the tide has well and truly turned. It's about time you and the rest of the Dayglo's realised you're now nothing but another Brechin City. Embrace the fact.

You seem to be rather over excited at the prospect of beating another Brechin City then.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

If you believe that then you are definitly in denial.  Can't remember a Funster on here ever admitting that we were the better team, even when it was obvious that we were.

As for the tide turning, well that's the nature of tides.  I hope we don't spend as much time in the lower leagues as you did, if we do it will undoubtedly impact upon our paying support in the way that it has affected your club.  And let's face it, it's all about revenue these days - that's why your lucky to have Nelms even though I don't know what his game plan is.

FWIW I think we will be in the Championship for another year or two at the most; if I am wrong then we could end up in deep shit.  However if we do get promoted it really will be an opportunity to see who will be able to crow about being the bigger and better club.

15 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

The only thing you've struck is the nail. Right on the fucking head. They'll be too busy green dotting each other to notice, though.

My fellow Dee's material is that good that I would actually pay money to read it. Until Div brings in that function we can only show our appreciation by way of a greenie. You can have mine if you're that hung up on them.

15 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

The very definition of trying too hard.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If you believe that then you are definitly in denial.  Can't remember a Funster on here ever admitting that we were the better team, even when it was obvious that we were.

As for the tide turning, well that's the nature of tides.  I hope we don't spend as much time in the lower leagues as you did, if we do it will undoubtedly impact upon our paying support in the way that it has affected your club.  And let's face it, it's all about revenue these days - that's why your lucky to have Nelms even though I don't know what his game plan is.

FWIW I think we will be in the Championship for another year or two at the most; if I am wrong then we could end up in deep shit.  However if we do get promoted it really will be an opportunity to see who will be able to crow about being the bigger and better club.

Let's deal with the here and now, Bill.

43 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Utd fans losing the plot and it's only Friday pleasing.

A few potential contenders for the Head's Gone thread already. Awesome.

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

My fellow Dee's material is that good that I would actually pay money to read it. Until Div brings in that function we can only show our appreciation by way of a greenie. You can have mine if you're that hung up on them.

The very definition of trying too hard.

Let's deal with the here and now, Bill.

A few potential contenders for the Head's Gone thread already. Awesome.

^^^^ Doesn't even go to the games.

7 minutes ago, K.T said:

I see Ray McKinnon has spent two days trying to mentally prepare Tam Scobbie for the first derby of his career. The defender is said to be 'scared'.

Scobbie said he thought they would get the bus from Tannadice to Dens :lol:

Archived