The Dee v The Dabs

Dee Man

30 minutes ago, AnAnInginAneAnA said:

You didn't "win on penalties", you "won the penalties".

A subtle, but important, distinction.

I've never been one for subtle.

28 minutes ago, Sir Peh McBridie said:

I'm of the opinion the shootout itself is a bag of shite but think most Dee's are lying to themselves if they say they wouldn't be counting it as a win had they actually won the shootout themselves.

Oh no.  If the Funsters' team had won the penalty shoot out they would have been celebrating the draw.  Shame on you to think otherwise.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dee Till A Die said:

Cammy Kerr, outstanding again. I thought Kerr Waddell, other than a few misplaced passes, was fantastic. Deacon and Allan were both a threat and Holt was decent. I have my doubts about Moussa but it's still early days. Kamara looks class but needs a wee bit more urgency about him. Looking forward to the next one!

This for me - think if we'd made the most of the posession with balls in to Moussa he'd have been more effective but he got isolated by the dabs so we ended up just firing shot/crosses to no one. (Top marks to Randy tho, seriously staked a claim for a start like with those crosses and that pen!)

No offence to Gowser coz he kept going all game but I think having FEB or whoever playing as a 10 would've made the difference.

Other than that tho I'm not too upset - that could be the beer still but I'm optimistic now we get the playstation restart Cathro wishes he could have!

Thank you my fellow dees, see you in ten days!

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Have I missed something? Fair enough he didn't score today but he seemed to be fantastic in the other games was he not?

I have my doubts that he'll cut it against Premiership opposition. He has been very good so far but that was against lower league opposition. 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I heard it was two bottles of Buckfast and a night with Fifespud's missus.  Looking at the state of the guy I couldn't rule that out.

Fifespud, could you do the needful, please?  Need to know whether it's worth 500 quid (less a bottle of Buckie).

Scott Allan going to be crucial for us this season as he is clearly a class act but maybe at times tries to overplay.

But his pass down the left hand side in the second half with the outside of his foot to Moussa was frightening. Pity he had strayed offside.

Loving the seethe on FB/Twitter from Utd fans about the draw. Only guarantee from winning the group was playing an unseeded team in the next round. They're really not grasping that at all.

It is peak Scottish football for that draw to happen though. I love the fact that in the last two years or so the footballing gods have basically said "Scottish football? f**k it, just bombard them with the most bizarre/entertaining/ridiculous stuff we can think of, nobody outside of Scotland gives a shit about those leagues anyway we might as well just go for it."

I don't like the draw simply because I think we will lose. We put together a fairly solid enough performance to avoid any real embarrassment today but I'd be quite happy to move on and just concentrate on the league now! At least it will be all done regardless in about ten days or so.

Late to the party here but thought Dundee done enough to get the win. Deacon and Henry should have won it at the end.

Waddell is good in the air. He's also very young, and gets dragged out of position very easily. Was about 15-20 yards out of position for the United goal.

Scobbie might not sleep again until next week as Deacon destroyed him. Toshney is a dreadful player.

McMullan looks a very good signing for United.

Second half was all Dundee. Next round will be interesting. Although United 'won' the penalties, I think there was a lot more positives for Dundee to take from the game.

Watched the match today & then after the draw it feels like I wasted 2 hours of my life. :lol: Literally nae benefit winning the shootout at all.

Like one of those sitcoms where ye watch a whole episode & then it turns out it was all a character's dream & the whole story was meaningless.

8 minutes ago, xNicola_Ghirl1888x said:

Watched the match today & then after the draw it feels like I wasted 2 hours of my life. :lol: Literally nae benefit winning the shootout at all.

Like one of those sitcoms where ye watch a whole episode & then it turns out it was all a character's dream & the whole story was meaningless.

Kind of left with a 'what's the point in that today' after the draw.  Just glad we avoided a trip to Parkhead/ Celtic Park or wtf it's called. 

Thought the game was entertaining enough. Pleased with how we played and with a striker up front mcmullan, Stanton and King will play their natural game.

I'm afraid I don't think I'll ever have much time for Fraser.

Dundee looked a stronger side TBF. Kamara was excellent I thought. Only thing I would say was it seemed to be quite easy to find space between their defenders and we passed through there a number of times. Better footballing teams than us will shred that defence.

As others have said it all seems like a bit of a waste of time.

Dundee favourites for next game but not to the extent it would be a shock if we win.

Don't think anyone else has, so just in case, want to give a shout out to Harry Lewis. Looked very comfortable in goal and did a decent job.   Won't be so nervous now if/ when Bell goes.

He made a very good save right at the death (Although Deacon shouldn't really have gave him the chance) but I was disappointed we didn't test him more.

30 minutes ago, Reverend Maynard said:

Don't think anyone else has, so just in case, want to give a shout out to Harry Lewis. Looked very comfortable in goal and did a decent job.   Won't be so nervous now if/ when Bell goes.

Hmmm

He juggled a few. I don't mind a keeper coming out and being a bit flappy if he is at least contacting the ball and wiping boys out.

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Hmmm

He juggled a few. I don't mind a keeper coming out and being a bit flappy if he is at least contacting the ball and wiping boys out.

He twice dropped relatively straightforward catches. If he could do it at Moussa's feet next time then that would be great.

First sight of the Arab support today was a guy pissing against the wall at top of Main St, (a pub toilet approx. 15 yards away). Filthy dirty Arab scum, ffs ban them from Dens before next round. Horrible club, horrible fans. 

8 minutes ago, johan scott said:

First sight of the Arab support today was a guy pissing against the wall at top of Main St, (a pub toilet approx. 15 yards away). Filthy dirty Arab scum, ffs ban them from Dens before next round. Horrible club, horrible fans. 

Well said. 

Enjoyed the game today.

Watching the ex-QOS players, I thought Durnan did well against Moussa.

Holt was a mixed bag. Lots of decent stuff but looked poor at the United goal albeit O`Dea was every bit as culpable. He`s a better wing-back than a left back IMHO but always puts in a shift.

Archived