Ozark

Ira Gaines

Finished the first 7 episodes of season 4. Although i love it, the only ones i have any time for are Marty and Ruth. The rest of them are horrible c***s. Should be an interesting last 7 episodes given where they have left it...

Finished the first 7 episodes of season 4. Although i love it, the only ones i have any time for are Marty and Ruth. The rest of them are horrible c***s. Should be an interesting last 7 episodes given where they have left it...
They're laundering money for the Cartel while watching people being murdered - surely they're all horrible c***s? [emoji38]

They seemed to almost get stuff tied up in the first 7 episodes. There’s the obvious loose end needing tied up given the last few scenes of episode 7, I won’t spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet, but they must be dragging it out over the last 7.

I’ve just remembered that PI is still sniffing about, he’s surely heavily involved from here to the end.

• 3 months later...

Could have been better. Could have been worse. At least the second half of S4 was better than the first.

A few things were a bit fudged.
Mel just standing there like a clown at the end didn't make much sense.

"I've got an idea. I'll break into the house of a family I know have links to the Mexican drug cartel and steal something from them which could put them in prison for life. I know they were involved in the murder of at least two people, including their own family, but if I wait in their garden until they come home and then wind them up a bit, they couldn't possibly do anything to stop me going to the police..."

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

Could have been better. Could have been worse. At least the second half of S4 was better than the first.

Reveal hidden contents

A few things were a bit fudged.
Mel just standing there like a clown at the end didn't make much sense.

"I've got an idea. I'll break into the house of a family I know have links to the Mexican drug cartel and steal something from them which could put them in prison for life. I know they were involved in the murder of at least two people, including their own family, but if I wait in their garden until they come home and then wind them up a bit, they couldn't possibly do anything to stop me going to the police..."

Spoiler

Also, a car crash where they all just get a taxi from straight back to their house? Get fucked that would happen.

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:
  Hide contents

Also, a car crash where they all just get a taxi from straight back to their house? Get fucked that would happen.

Don't forget the kids went for a lie down after. That should clear up their whiplash and concussions.

You get used to the flow of the show, the building of characters and their interactions with one another. Then the final few episodes come and the writers seem to just lose half their brain cells and try to cram as much in as they can.

Same with the Wendy in the mental hospital. Threaten to kill your own dad if you're not admitted? Ok, you can see random guests + your underage children with pretty much no supervision. Please promise to not kill your two children when we let you walk out the front door with them. Their "fixer" lawyer must have worked incredibly quickly. Image is everything after all.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished the second part of the 4th season, while I enjoyed the series I couldn't help but realise I had spent most of the 4th season shouting at the telly, do you realise your fucking with a Mexican cartel? I felt like Ruth, Rachel, Jonah, her dad, the PI guy all just seemed to think they could f**k with the byrds without thinking aye maybe there will be consequences since the work for a cartel. 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Started and finished series 4 last week and by god it was great telly. As the episodes went on I really began to hate the Byrds more and more and hoped they would all die a horrible death. Surprised to see Johnboy Walton appear which I wasn't expecting. Ruth Langmore was my favourite of the lot which I didn't think i'd ever say.