Cumbernauld Colts 2017/2018

foreverarover

26 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Mostly club connections I feel just now, there is never an official attendance but crowds are usually 100 -150. Dependent on visiting support.

Fair enough, everyone needs to start somewhere. I would hope if they progressed up the league the locals would get behind them more.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree crowds will improve over time and as club results continue to go in right direction.

Early days but results so far are promising and the team are looking pretty solid...most teams have strengthened over the close season and think CCs transfer manoeuvres have gone unnoticed?

Enjoyed game today and thought score flattered EK albeit they did improve in 2nd half.

Colts had couple of decent chances and must be disappointed to have squandered these as ultimately got punished twice for individual mistakes.

Anyway good away performance from possibly the youngest side in the league..well played and team developing nicely.

Very disappointing performance today which wasn't helped by playing a trialist goalkeeper who got sent off for handling the ball outside the box.

Team tried hard to retain their lead but overall lacked composure today and too many players making basic mistakes and giving away possession all too easily.

Why a trialist goalkeeper at the start of the season???

Why a trialist goalkeeper at the start of the season???

Lost both first and second choice keepers to really unfortunate circumstances on the morning of the EK game. They had goalkeeper coach and former no 1 Chris Fahey available to help that day, but he was unavailable yesterday due to prior commitment.

Clubs registered No 1 is one of the best in the league and he'll hopefully be available again soon, just a bit of an unfortunate run of events all round last few weeks.

Take the point tonight, but should have been 3, ref disallowed a goal which should have stood

Aye, did look like he made a mistake for the disallowed goal. Linesman flagged for a goal after it looked to bounce over the line off the bar and then there was a foul after it bounced back out, so the goal came before the foul.

That said, it evened itself out as the 93rd minute penalty looked as soft as soft can be. In all honesty, it was never a pen, but Colts get the reward for keeping going.

Draw probably fair in the end given the game, Spartans probably the best football side Colts have played this season, I'd expect then to be up there at the end. And Davie Greenhill (Spartans goalscorer) still one of the best players in the league. He was excellent again till he went off injured, Spartans must be delighted to have had him for so long, he could surely take a step up.

Yeah definitely agree that draw was probably fair result albeit again the officials were inconsistent throughout the game.

Colts finding it difficult to score again and feel Sean is often isolated up front and needs more support earlier...full backs and wingers need to work better together if we are going to get in behind teams.

Spine of team is very decent but just needs some better ball retention in the wide areas which will help with more chances being created.

Turns out the ref played a blinder. :-)

Just reviewing the video:

- Red card is 100% spot on (goes right over the top of the ball into standing leg. Obviously only the lad knows if it was intentional, but gave the ref a reason given there was a bit between those two players 5 minutes earlier)

- Colts yellow a definite yellow (mistimed challenge, similar to the Spartans yellow early in the game, nothing more. Ref wad consistent)

- Disallowed goal doesnt look over the line at all before the foul (and the Spartans lad does brilliantly to stick his head in, though the first header off the bar should be in 100% of the time.

- Penalty is actually a penalty, believe it or not, striker is barged in the back as he takes the ball on chest and he is in the box. Daft challenge by the centre back.

So looks like over ruling his lino was right and he got all the other big calls right too.

Amazing how different it looks when you play it back, so fair play to the ref. I certainly thought he got a few of those wrong in real time, but seems he had a really, really good night in the end.

Great to see the highlights...still unsure about the goal line stramash?!...although it was a tough game with a few incidents,Colts could still have nicked 3 points as Sean missed what looked like a decent opportunity in the second half..the big man needs support and more competition for his jersey as he can't do it all on his own.

Hear there a few players unhappy at EKFC and Craig McLeish has just been released...opportunity to strengthen our squad??

Aye, I can't decide on the goal based on the video and the photos. The man best placed (lino) clearly thought it was over the line though.

What I didn't notice though till I zoomed in (and our photog got a good picture of it too) is that it's his own player that kicks him in the head, the Colts foot isn't even raised. So the ref gave a foul for one Spartans player kicking the other. :-)

I didn't spot that in real time though or till about the 10th playback, so can't really criticise him for that given he had a millisecond and it looked like it was the Colts player.

Would love to know what the lino said in that conversation right enough as he clearly thought it was a goal.

Given we have video and photo and still can't tell though (and my previous life as a defender :-)) he probably couldn't give it and overall the ref seems to have got the big ones right, after watching them back (wasn't convinced at the time) so fair play.

Gavin Lachlan was exceptional first half. I think Gus McPherson should monitor his progress as he would an asset to QP should he return!

Quit hocking out our players you. :-)

In all seriousness, Gav has been great since the day he arrived and from the start of pre season this year has found another gear. He's playing really, really well just now and long may it continue.

Archived