Cumbernauld Colts 2017/2018

foreverarover

16 hours ago, jinky said:

Where would Colts be without the retired Fahey?..loan keeper I assume gone back to East Fife and no sign of Sam George?

Fahey was excellent on Friday night with everything he had to do. Even though he didn't have much to do his communicating with the defence and confident display  was excellent. Not seen Colts much this season but I didn't realise he had retired. Are Colts on the lookout for a no 1?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unsure what the position is with Sam?..hes a really good No1 but maybe hes injured as hasn't been around for a few weeks.

Apart from Fahey(meant to have retired at end of last season)there doesn't seem to be another GK.

• 2 weeks later...

Great start from Colts with a lovely move and finish.

Thereafter not too many chances created and seem to lose their way...ball retention wasn’t great and too many wrong decisions made in the final third.

Positives were the rare sightings of Kirwan & Lachlan and liked the look of Wallace...all 3 should make a difference and hopefully improve consistency of performances.

• 2 weeks later...

Great team performance yesterday, the guys got it right tactically, the colts back 4 coped well with the physical BSC dominance, some really good flowing football leading to goals to seal a great 3 points on the road. Next week will be an interesting encounter

Although this is a very young Colts team they looked like they are really starting to gel...this performance had a maturity about it and they executed their game plan perfectly.

BSC may have underestimated CCs but regardless they were given a lesson on how to play an attractive and incisive style of football.

Be interesting to see how the teams adapt now that they are more familiar with each other.

3 hours ago, jinky said:

Although this is a very young Colts team they looked like they are really starting to gel...this performance had a maturity about it and they executed their game plan perfectly.

BSC may have underestimated CCs but regardless they were given a lesson on how to play an attractive and incisive style of football.

Be interesting to see how the teams adapt now that they are more familiar with each other.

Was it Barcelona BSC were playing?? :)

BSC losing the plot in the last quarter. Foul at the side of the park was a straight red card. Fahey gets booked for shouting at the ref from 30yards away. BSC no4 who was already booked, runs 30 yards to demonstrate with the ref, Nothing. The BSC manager need I say more.

I counted 95 freezing souls, good game for the neutral.

Aye no mention of the shocking challenge to our right back 2nd half a definite red if ever I seen one the big no9 was getting blown down with the wind all the time and no mention of the shocking challenges in last weeks match by the colts the referee guessed the penalty decision and justice was done with a fine save its what fat fahey shouted at the ref that got him booked the ref was awful and the stand side linesman was even worse

Ref did not have a great game, however it is clear BSC seek to bully teams, fair play to the Colts who stood up to some terrible tackles, the less said about the visitors manager the better. 4 point from 6 against the leaders is a good return [emoji106]

Colts coaching staff like a moan as well some of the colts players saying nasty things in the tunnel at half time to the Bsc players, if your gonnay come away with nonsense like that say it at full time not when you've got to play another half and then take the consequences

Aye no mention of the shocking challenge to our right back 2nd half a definite red if ever I seen one the big no9 was getting blown down with the wind all the time and no mention of the shocking challenges in last weeks match by the colts the referee guessed the penalty decision and justice was done with a fine save its what fat fahey shouted at the ref that got him booked the ref was awful and the stand side linesman was even worse

Wow. Verge of tears type nonsense. Take a breath.

BSC right back bought the foul with a big scream as he kicked the Colts striker while clearing the ball. You see it at every level. He's done well to get it and was straight up running away. A red? Behave.

Also let's not forget the same BSC right back should have been in the shower by that point anyway for what actually was a shocking challenge from behind on the Colts winger 2 minutes after coming on.

Anyway, back to reality and a draw was probably a fair result in the end. Colts might see it as a chance missed having been 2-0 up and cruising before BSC scored with their first shot on target on 46 minutes, a scrappy goal on the second phase of a long ball (shocker) that Colts never cleared properly. One of the few occasions over the two ties Colts haven't dealt with that threat.

Second half BSC changed shape and scored early with a good effort from 25 yards from Murray. Each keeper really only having one save a piece of note after that.

At least BSC tried to play some football second half to their credit, having spent the previous 135 minutes of this two header hoofing the ball up to Paulo as early as possible and playing of seconds. And they actually looked more then capable at it, so maybe they will do that more often as the season progresses (6th time I've watched BSC this year and first time they have deviated from "Plan A" in any of those games).

Penalty was a big moment. Think the Colts player probably bought it with minimal contact in the same way the BSC right back did above.Good save from the BSC keeper though, leading to Paulo having a moment of madness and rightly getting sent off for it as BSC became more and more "industrial".

I think the final foul count I saw on the stats was 6-19, some of that 19 pretty poor. The visitors were never likely to finish with 11 men and really it seemed quite fortunate they finished with 10.

Anyway, good couple of weeks for the Colts and hopefully Spartans and EK can capitalise on the favour Colts have done them by taking 4 points from BSC. Personally I think it would be a shame for the Lowland League if aggression and hoofball were to end up champions over two genuinely good footballing sides in Spartans and EK. I still maintain Spartans are the best I've seen this season.

Yes, before anyone criticises, it's fair to say BSC's 'style' is not to my taste. That's my personal opinion. Plenty will be happy with it and to be fair to them they have been good at it this season and getting results, so good luck to them. Not for me though.

Fat fahey? Getting a bit personal there bpek. Chris will be loving that. Would u class ur best player stevie murray as fat? Or is it only when they are annoying you?

Archived