Auchinleck Talbot 2017 / 2018

geo 1909

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Viewparker said:

I skived away early today and thought I would catch up on my favourite forum to find that thousands of you don’t work. No wonder my tax bill is so high. 

Btw I like Auchenleck, just thought I would say. 

Some of us work when the vampires are out  :wacko::wacko:

2 hours ago, southerner said:

Who has to break the news to the Pollok keeper that wee Tony was desperate to bin him to sign big Leishman

Leishman is good and due to his size hard to get past but Longmuir is as good a keeper and signed on again for next season many weeks ago.

Leishman is good and due to his size hard to get past but Longmuir is as good a keeper and signed on again for next season many weeks ago.
Good to hear news leishman is staying. Longmuir is a decent big lad too. Think it would have been awkward with both in the same team.

Leishman must still only be aged mid-20s?  He could be playing into his late 30's if he wants and could collect a scary amount of silverware if he looks after himself in that time. 

You see the physical nick of some keepers in the Juniors and you understand why Talbot want to keep him.

5 hours ago, southerner said:

Don’t think he was wanting to sign Leishman to put him on the bench

Agree no point signing Leishman who is used to first team football just to have him on the bench as he would be better playing somewhere.

Agree no point signing Leishman who is used to first team football just to have him on the bench as he would be better playing somewhere.

[emoji23] it’s sore. You thought you were weakening us last season taking Butch and McGoldrick. King Sloan pulled it out the bag again finding replacements ready to step in. Not this time though despite Polloks best efforts the big man is staying put.

7 hours ago, southerner said:

emoji23.png it’s sore. You thought you were weakening us last season taking Butch and McGoldrick. King Sloan pulled it out the bag again finding replacements ready to step in. Not this time though despite Polloks best efforts the big man is staying put.

As I said don’t think we need a keeper.Butch was a useful addition but McGoldrick was poor and lost us games with individual errors.The main thing is that we are up there again competing with the top sides as 4 years ago the relegated Lok side was a total shambles.

20 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

As I said don’t think we need a keeper.Butch was a useful addition but McGoldrick was poor and lost us games with individual errors.The main thing is that we are up there again competing with the top sides as 4 years ago the relegated Lok side was a total shambles.

I think pollok will be Talbots main challengers next season,Tony must build team around Sena in midfield no way is that guy a full back,he strolled the game at Beechwood though admittedly Talbot were at the end of a punishing schedule and still we might lock horns with pollok again,later in the West cup,that would be a tasty game.

4 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

I think pollok will be Talbots main challengers next season,Tony must build team around Sena in midfield no way is that guy a full back,he strolled the game at Beechwood though admittedly Talbot were at the end of a punishing schedule and still we might lock horns with pollok again,later in the West cup,that would be a tasty game.

It would be great if we were but I fear that Sena will be at Thistle before we can do that.

Archived