Friendlies - Fixtures & Results

Gunner

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/07/2017 at 11:24, xnxx said:

Pretty much the same team Bannockburn beat last year, except a few new signings and a couple left, one major being gary kenneth

Different team mate the Douglas you played folded, 4 players from that squad played against Colville, it's basically the old Fairies team which played on a Sunday with a few other additions 

Different team mate the Douglas you played folded, 4 players from that squad played against Colville, it's basically the old Fairies team which played on a Sunday with a few other additions 

So basically the old St james team mate

Larkhall beating Southside & Colville in succession. Very decent pre season start for them.

They spanked us 4-0 last pre season and we done not too bad afterwards .... I care about results no matter what game but it's all about fitness for us at this stage . There was at least 7 times ref had to stop game regarding challenges , the ref was fucking hopeless tbh , his inability to control them led to us reacting ... I never stuck about to see the trophy they picked up either , must have been important as they were absolutely delighted to win it [emoji849]

1 minute ago, Gman91184 said:

They spanked us 4-0 last pre season and we done not too bad afterwards .... I care about results no matter what game but it's all about fitness for us at this stage . There was at least 7 times ref had to stop game regarding challenges , the ref was fucking hopeless tbh , his inability to control them led to us reacting ... I never stuck about to see the trophy they picked up either , must have been important as they were absolutely delighted to win it emoji849.png

Absolutely no reflection on the season ahead but still two very good results for them as you say you want to win every game. I have saw them plenty times and they are the same all the time in tight games or when they are losing. They have a good squad but don't have the consistency because of constant suspensions hence why they have done nothing in the last two years.

If you get a strong ref against them then they inevitably struggle to keep men on the park.

So basically the old St james team mate

Yes mate I ran both teams then went away junior, 8 of St James went with Douglas Amateurs for a season then came back with me this season..

They spanked us 4-0 last pre season and we done not too bad afterwards .... I care about results no matter what game but it's all about fitness for us at this stage . There was at least 7 times ref had to stop game regarding challenges , the ref was fucking hopeless tbh , his inability to control them led to us reacting ... I never stuck about to see the trophy they picked up either , must have been important as they were absolutely delighted to win it [emoji849]

I never look too much into pre season results, but was happy we put in a performance against Colville on Saturday, Ref was a bit one sided but I wud say that Hahaha

I never look too much into pre season results, but was happy we put in a performance against Colville on Saturday, Ref was a bit one sided but I wud say that Hahaha

I honestly don't think we have had a great pre season to date at southside . We've took a few doings over the years . But when the real stuff starts we're always ready ... al take a shite pre season if we win trophys at end of the season

Wasn't impressed Crazy Feet. But to be fair, it would be unfair to compare last nights team to last years. Possil had 12 players last night(no goalie) including a couple of guest appearances, players who wont be there this season.

1 hour ago, B McK said:

Wouldn't get to caught up in pre season the last I remember trophies get given out in may. 

We all take different things from pre season, for me it's about giving everyone within the squad a game and utalising the squad. We had a totally different team out in each of the games.

But 2 good competitive games willl help towards developing sharpness and fitness through pre season. 

Im sure Lawside and Larkhall will go in to have good season 

Who have Larkhall signed ? They couldn't get out the Cali 1st division last year ?

I think there team is pretty much same as last season tbh . They are a decent side tbh , as mentioned in previous post maybe there poor season was down to suspensions

Archived