Friendlies - Fixtures & Results

Gunner

Lochgilphead Red Star 2-4 Cambria. I thought our young lads handled themselves very well against an excellent side. Cambria sealed the win with a couple of late goals which I thought was harsh on us but Cambria showed their quality with some clinical finishing. It'll be interesting to see how they push on after their Cup win last season.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, List_of_Jericho said:

Lochgilphead Red Star 2-4 Cambria. I thought our young lads handled themselves very well against an excellent side. Cambria sealed the win with a couple of late goals which I thought was harsh on us but Cambria showed their quality with some clinical finishing. It'll be interesting to see how they push on after their Cup win last season.

Personally think last season was the peak for them. They are vastly experienced and that would have been the icing on the cake for cracking careers for the majority of them. Can't seem them doing it over a full season in what looks like a competitive league that they are in.

19 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Personally think last season was the peak for them. They are vastly experienced and that would have been the icing on the cake for cracking careers for the majority of them. Can't seem them doing it over a full season in what looks like a competitive league that they are in.

I wasn't at the game where we played them last season but apparently they have quite a number of new additions in. I'll be keeping an eye out for their results anyway.

I suppose they should be able to attract new blood also with winning The West etc. I think they need some younger players in the team.

Caledonian Div 1B looks like one of the most competitive leagues going about anywhere on paper.

19 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

I suppose they should be able to attract new blood also with winning The West etc. I think they need some younger players in the team.

Caledonian Div 1B looks like one of the most competitive leagues going about anywhere on paper.

Yeah, agreed here. Was looking at this league earlier and it looks a cracker. Cambria are littered with experience, and as has already been said winning the west will be the pinnacle for some players who have had cracking amateur careers. That's not to say, they can't build from the West success and achieve promotion to the Cally Premier... but it will be a tough ask - just as it will for any team in that division. 

27 minutes ago, Gunner said:

Yeah, agreed here. Was looking at this league earlier and it looks a cracker. Cambria are littered with experience, and as has already been said winning the west will be the pinnacle for some players who have had cracking amateur careers. That's not to say, they can't build from the West success and achieve promotion to the Cally Premier... but it will be a tough ask - just as it will for any team in that division. 

Got to agree. I seen Maryhill Juniors signed a guy Andy McEwan as well not sure if that's the forward from Cambria? Sure their main striker was a guy McEwan.

Looks a strong league definitely. Cambria, Bearsden, Callendar, EKYM and Stenny will all fancy their chances. 

Heard Milngavie Wanderers look good this season too so they could cause a few upsets. 

12 minutes ago, Crazy Feet said:

Got to agree. I seen Maryhill Juniors signed a guy Andy McEwan as well not sure if that's the forward from Cambria? Sure their main striker was a guy McEwan.

Looks a strong league definitely. Cambria, Bearsden, Callendar, EKYM and Stenny will all fancy their chances. 

Heard Milngavie Wanderers look good this season too so they could cause a few upsets. 

Aye it's the same guy. Will be a loss for Cambria, he was a good player but for me it was his hard work that stood out... he really led that line well for them. I know the boys who run Cambria quite well (being a former club of mine)... Simey & Mick will have been working away strengthening too I am sure. 

17 hours ago, jimmycouch said:

What a fantastic first weekend at the Stewarton United Tournament! 4 competitive games played. 2 more games on 29th, should be fantastic with three teams still in with a chance of taking home the trophy. emoji471.png

496bef3126368de23fc3430a11f48b1a.jpga9e7585c9867a11430dc4e52e26bdbb0.jpg

Saw the two games yesterday. Stewarton and Hurlford both good sides. Stewarton will be a huge threat in the first and Hurlford will more than hold their own in Premier. Tarbolton didn't look great but they may well have been missing players as it's still pre season 

Kilsyth 1 v 4 Giffnock.

Very comfortable win for Giffnock

Giffnock must have about a dozen new players this year. Rab from pollok has brought a lot of the pollok team that struggled in the central recently. Doubt they are any better than what was there last year.

38 minutes ago, HoofIT said:

Kilsyth 1 v 4 Giffnock.

Giffnock must have about a dozen new players this year. Rab from pollok has brought a lot of the pollok team that struggled in the central recently. Doubt they are any better than what was there last year.

Who have Giffnock lost players to? 

3 hours ago, HoofIT said:

Kilsyth 1 v 4 Giffnock.

Have Giffnock lost players? They had a big squad when we played them last year. 

4 minutes ago, Brad Bobley said:

Colville and Larkhall abandoned?

4 minutes ago, Brad Bobley said:

Colville and Larkhall abandoned?

Read on Twitter someone said a Colville player elbowed an opppnent which lead to handbags. 

2 hours ago, LoveFitbaw said:

Have Giffnock lost players? They had a big squad when we played them last year. 

5 hours ago, HoofIT said:

Kilsyth 1 v 4 Giffnock.

Kept the majority of our squad from last year.  Signed some, some moved on, just like every other season since I have been at the club. 

A dozen new players bit exaggerated, if I have counted right there were 7 in the squad of 18 on Saturday.

Who do you play for LoveFitbaw?

Regarding larkhall , we played them on sat and the team set out from first whistle to boot us off the park , I know a few boys from there team and there a decent side . Also know there manager who was southside manager first season so maybe that played a part . They are a really good side tho no doubt about it

I have said on here many of times Larkhall are nothing but a gang. They make it as intimidating as possible when they bring teams through which is fair enough but they go beyond that at times and it's a disgrace in all honesty. I have heard of players coming away from there with really bad injuries and being assaulted off the ball etc.

Archived