Friendlies - Fixtures & Results

Gunner

59 minutes ago, FIFASplatter said:

Sandys are the best side in Edinburgh won the premier back to back won it more than any other Edinburgh team along with all the cups they have won Craigshill are from Livi and when it comes to silverware St Bernards and ESV dont come close 

Teams and squads change every year. Let's just see what this season brings. St Bernard's under this set up are entering their 4th season, having achieved 3 back to back promotions to play in the Prem, and also ESV been back 2 years and won many trophies. Albeit lower leagues but you can only beat what's infront of you. 

Also believe Edinburgh Rose won the premier the season before last so it wasn't back to back. Sandy's are a cracking side and will do very well this year and probably at this stage would be slight favourites with their experience but just coz they won the prem last year doesn't make them the best side by any stretch of he imagination this year! 

We will certainly be looking to give them a test on a Saturday in the league opener. 

A game not to be missed btw if anyone is looking for a game to take in!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teams and squads change every year. Let's just see what this season brings. St Bernard's under this set up are entering their 4th season, having achieved 3 back to back promotions to play in the Prem, and also ESV been back 2 years and won many trophies. Albeit lower leagues but you can only beat what's infront of you. 
Also believe Edinburgh Rose won the premier the season before last so it wasn't back to back. Sandy's are a cracking side and will do very well this year and probably at this stage would be slight favourites with their experience but just coz they won the prem last year doesn't make them the best side by any stretch of he imagination this year! 
We will certainly be looking to give them a test on a Saturday in the league opener. 

Who do you play on sat mate? Played against st Bernards a few time and defo in the top 5 in LEAFA. sandys used to be very good when the likes of junior and that played but I've not seen them this season, salvi are meant to be good as are fauldhouse but I've never seen them play.

Took in EKFC Lowland reserves versus East Kilbride YM at Calderglen Stadium. Looked like mostly their Cally team. There were quite a few Lowland League first team playing including Craig McLeish. Their goalie looked quite young though. Fairly even first half ended 1-1. Second half saw the Cally side edge the game out 3-2 and could have been more. Great game to watch and Billy Stark in the stand will have had food for thought as EKYM probably deserved the win. Nice wee stadium now with a stand behind the goals as well.

4 hours ago, Dinsey said:

Will defo take this game in mate should be decent looking forward to it good game for the neutrals 

4 hours ago, Dinsey said:

Sandys won it back to back 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 mate thats what i meant 

7 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Who do you play on sat mate? Played against st Bernards a few time and defo in the top 5 in LEAFA. sandys used to be very good when the likes of junior and that played but I've not seen them this season, salvi are meant to be good as are fauldhouse but I've never seen them play.

Don't play anymore mate, Iv taken St Bernard's for the last 3 seasons since I stopped.

Salvie are a very good side, we beat them 6-1 the other week in a friendly although they had a few missing, I suppose every team does every game. We also beat ESV 5-2 a few days earlier. 

Standard in LEAFA this year is the best Iv ever seen it with some very good sides attracting players from good levels. 

Don't play anymore mate, Iv taken St Bernard's for the last 3 seasons since I stopped.
Salvie are a very good side, we beat them 6-1 the other week in a friendly although they had a few missing, I suppose every team does every game. We also beat ESV 5-2 a few days earlier. 
Standard in LEAFA this year is the best Iv ever seen it with some very good sides attracting players from good levels. 

We all know how you attract players from a good level Disney. Brown envelopes from Bomford.

Some good results. Does the laddie with the massive ears play for ESV, plays upfront? He's a cracking player from what I've seen but he is off his head. The top league and the championship is the best I've seen in years

46 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Some good results. Does the laddie with the massive ears play for ESV, plays upfront? He's a cracking player from what I've seen but he is off his head. The top league and the championship is the best I've seen in years

Can't think who you mean mate. We have someone matching that description to a tee hahaha Matty Hunter 

and yeah ok results but we need to make sure we put it all together come Saturday or it counts for hee haw. 

Can't think who you mean mate. We have someone matching that description to a tee hahaha Matty Hunter 
and yeah ok results but we need to make sure we put it all together come Saturday or it counts for hee haw. 

He's really tall I think his name was Declan or Dylan. I don't know many in your squad to be honest mate but played you a few times but since I've played you the team has improved. Correct but I honestly don't think many teams at this level use pre season friendlies as that, obviously bodies missing but 90% of teams will play the strongest squad they have.

4 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

He's really tall I think his name was Declan or Dylan. I don't know many in your squad to be honest mate but played you a few times but since I've played you the team has improved. Correct but I honestly don't think many teams at this level use pre season friendlies as that, obviously bodies missing but 90% of teams will play the strongest squad they have.

Ah Declan aye he's there, only signed this season, brilliant player. He scored an absolute screamer against us the other week! 

Who do you play for?

Any other Friendlies on before the competitive games commence on Saturday? Be good to know if there's any tomorrow night anywhere... get out and watch a game. 

Us at EKFC have completed our schedule now. 

Ah Declan aye he's there, only signed this season, brilliant player. He scored an absolute screamer against us the other week! 
Who do you play for?

Aye hes good player but mental. Nobody this year mate I'm a tad seasoned lol. I played against you with East Linton towards the end of my playing days. Played for Haddington juniors and Tranent.

Saw a bit of Giffnock vs Stenny ams last night. After all the talk of Giffnock losing bodies they looked very sharp. I have a feeling they will win the Caley Prem and challenge in the majors. They've added some of the ex pollok afc boys one or two maybe who were at Southside last year and the rest mainly played with Northend Sunday team since Pollok folded. No doubt they've lost a couple of there better players but the boy Cassidy who I've saw numerous times at Northend is a really good player. Where has David Kneale went to? I heard Southside but not sure. Scotland Internationalist so I'm sure not short of offers.

Saw a bit of Giffnock vs Stenny ams last night. After all the talk of Giffnock losing bodies they looked very sharp. I have a feeling they will win the Caley Prem and challenge in the majors. They've added some of the ex pollok afc boys one or two maybe who were at Southside last year and the rest mainly played with Northend Sunday team since Pollok folded. No doubt they've lost a couple of there better players but the boy Cassidy who I've saw numerous times at Northend is a really good player. Where has David Kneale went to? I heard Southside but not sure. Scotland Internationalist so I'm sure not short of offers.

Rab will have a good side at Giffnock and they will be fit and energetic, that's what he installs into his teams, every team looses players and every team replaces players that's football! David Kneale I think is still a signed player with Giffnock so he could be playing there when fit and as far as I am aware Magoo is the only ex Southside player at Giffnock.

Davie Kneale is injured and was contemplating retirement. Southside have been in touch but he'n not committed to anyone I don't think.

He's a great player.

Southside have been in touch [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] im sure there's a number of teams asking David if they think he has left Giffnock! However I don't think he's been released...... might be wrong though

Archived