Friendlies - Fixtures & Results

Gunner

4 minutes ago, S.Irvine said:

Its not EKYM Michael, its EKFC amateurs of SAFL Premier.

I was at the club, one of my best mates Rab McMillan started them as ek united about 15 years ago then merged them when ekfc started in 2010.

Rab horrifically took a heart attack at training 3 years ago & left us. It's made the group of players family as two of his sons played for the team, one was there at that training session. Both I call friends.

As I do a lot of their players.

Sorry mate, for confusing the name. It is the team that have played against us couple of times over the last two seasons is that correct 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the both teams mate just got the name mixed. It was EKFC I was referring to in my original post sorry for the confusion mate. 

So sorry to hear about your mate passing away. He done a fantastic job building the club, as I said earlier have always been really impressed with them. You can see that family spirit from the outside. 

I don't know the guy Gunner, Michael, and it probably is all unintended the way his post comes accross, but knowing the boys & the way wee Scobie is just dismissed threw hearsay, I do think he could of either held back on his very early assessment of his teams progress & left his views on how Scoobies departure impacts his team. What if it doesnt work out for Scobie at Gartcairn, he may of wanted to go back to play at ekfc ams.

10 minutes ago, S.Irvine said:

I don't know the guy Gunner, Michael, and it probably is all unintended the way his post comes accross, but knowing the boys & the way wee Scobie is just dismissed threw hearsay, I do think he could of either held back on his very early assessment of his teams progress & left his views on how Scoobies departure impacts his team. What if it doesnt work out for Scobie at Gartcairn, he may of wanted to go back to play at ekfc ams.

I don't know what the intention was behind his post, but what I know of him I would be surprised. Maybe he will come on and clear it all up.

So did the rest if the squad stay together, they had some really good young players. 

I know the both teams mate just got the name mixed. It was EKFC I was referring to in my original post sorry for the confusion mate. 
So sorry to hear about your mate passing away. He done a fantastic job building the club, as I said earlier have always been really impressed with them. You can see that family spirit from the outside. 

How was your match yesterday against Douglas?

I don't know what the intention was behind his post, but what I know of him I would be surprised. Maybe he will come on and clear it all up.
So did the rest if the squad stay together, they had some really good young players. 

Think the majority of last seasons squad stayed. They always do, loyal bunch of boys.

2 hours ago, CD 1972 said:

Darvel vics 1 glenburn 6

Good result,heard you are now involved with Glenburn ? How are they looking this season,has squad been strengthened? More importantly will you be changing name from CD1972 to GMW1972 ?:whistle .......(joking) all the best for the coming season,hope they start the season as well as the last,but only this time keep the momentum going! 

Wow. At a wedding yesterday, settled down for the night tonight and thought I'd pop on see what's been happening. Great to see a lot of interest in the team... a lot of folk 'in the know' :) 

My comparisons in reference to marked improvement are from last season to this, and were comments made by people who've watched the club week in week out - not me. Being honest, I couldn't tell you if it's been a marked improvement or not as I only watched the last 2 games of last season of EKFC. I offered no comparison to the premier division winning side, or the previous divisional winning sides on their way to the top. I am sure if you reread my post you will see this.

In regards to players left, well, naturally when someone comes on after 'hearing' we've lost a lot of players - I come to defend that. However, there's been 3 left. 1 - Heppy, who I was disappointed left as he's the only one who came back for a few sessions before he left for Gartcairn, 2 - Scoabie, semi-disappointed he left but I was non-plussed as he never done a session this season since I took over. I'd been told he wasn't a regular starter so I don't feel like I've lost out... even though I would rather have worked with him myself first to see what I thought personally. 3 - Cpat left too, after only 1 half training session with us. Again, zero opportunity to work with him so I doubt count it as any loss as I never had him as part of the squad from the get go. This is not an insult to any player, with Heppy being the only one I got to do some work with, he's the only one I was disappointed to lose.

The unavoidable position I am in, is that not being from EK and not knowing the players - I have no established relationships. This means when old managers come knocking or a new opportunity presents itself... it's natural players will look. I need to do what I can to make sure that the guys still here, stay. But I appreciate that I may face the prospect of others leaving. What I will say is that I am delighted that the majority of the team has stayed and I've really enjoyed working with them... the squad I now have, I'd be disappointed to lose any.

The 19's were brought in at the end of last season, and John/Del/Eggy/Marty/Gav all done brilliantly keeping them interested enough that they came back this year. We've also had some old faces return back to the club so whilst some players have left, some have came back. 

However, to clarify a few of your mid-rant points, and let me assure you these are facts and not opinion:

1/ Marty, our former GK coach, got the chance to move into the lowland league set up as the development team coach. I was delighted for him to get this chance and also sad to see him go at the same time. I am in talks to get a new goalie coach in to take this role with us.

2/ Del is most definitely still here and was at the side of the park with the team on Saturday past, with John.

3/ Eggy is still here and was also at the last game with me (Newton). Missing the odd session due to work having had his business recently taken over.

4/ I, personally, have currently got 3 new players in with a 4th on the way (currently injured)

- it's always amazing how these people in the know are always so often wrong in what they've heard. If anyone hears anything else or wants to know more, ask away.

-----

We played Eastfield yesterday who finished 3rd in the Premier of the CSAFL. Beaten 4-2 from leading 2-1. A good work out for us, held our own till around 60 mins when Eastfield began to take control. We are still rolling our subs to get a look at the 19's, and a few boys took knocks meaning others were out of position. But from what I heard from Del & John as well as Chris at Eastfield it was a good game with Eastfield's stability and changes at the 60min mark being the difference.

-----

Lastly, apologies for the length of this reply. I'll arrange with Mick in the morning for some posting lessons to shorten it down a little to a word count you're comfy with.

-----

G'nyt 

A wee bit of backtracking their thou from your original post.

You never mentioned losing Cpat in that one & claimed you'd not had the opportunity to work with anyone that had left

we've recruited u19 players - has changed to they came in at the end of last season. The way it was originally worded read as thou you'd brought them in.

Still think the marked improvements comments are disrespectful to the boys and after just two friendlies were you failed to win. Basically you've rubbished the players performances from last season on hearsay. Why rush into making such a comment on a football forum, why not wait until results back up such a statement & gives it credibility?

As for the Scobie. Why not just say good luck at the juniors & leave it at that, instead of he was in & out the team so no great loss? The boy has been a loyal player to the club with something like 7-8 years there so deserves to be given a bit of respect.

For me, your original post smacked of self praise, taking credit for other peoples recruitment & disrespect for the teams efforts last season.

Just saying.

13 minutes ago, S.Irvine said:

A wee bit of backtracking their thou from your original post.

You never mentioned losing Cpat in that one & claimed you'd not had the opportunity to work with anyone that had left

we've recruited u19 players - has changed to they came in at the end of last season. The way it was originally worded read as thou you'd brought them in.

Still think the marked improvements comments are disrespectful to the boys and after just two friendlies were you failed to win. Basically you've rubbished the players performances from last season on hearsay. Why rush into making such a comment on a football forum, why not wait until results back up such a statement & gives it credibility?

As for the Scobie. Why not just say good luck at the juniors & leave it at that, instead of he was in & out the team so no great loss? The boy has been a loyal player to the club with something like 7-8 years there so deserves to be given a bit of respect.

No back tracking, but maybe a little clarity so you can untangle your pants. I'd also like to point out - that I wasn't on holiday, I was at a wedding. Your sources are rotten...

You say I ever mentioned C-Pat in the original post - I never mentioned scoabie either, I alluded to that we lost another to Gartcairn. I never mentioned Cpat because he's no different to anyone else who's left. Heppy only got a mention because I was disappointed to lose him. 

Being Frank, I don't care how you've interpreted it. I'm sure Del, Eggy, John et al at EKFC don't care how you've interpreted it either... you've came on, had a wee rant, garnered some support with what amounts to a largely inaccurate rabble. But where I've stated fact in respect to what you 'think you know' it's clear you know nothing. 

I've asked who you are and some of the remarks are interesting to say the least but they will stay on the committee group chat. 

Mr Irvine, enjoy the rest of your day. I've sent this thread to the committee in the group chat - it's always nice to have something to cheer you up on a Monday morning. 

Anyway. I'm sure Mr Irvine will have more to say... 

But it would be nice to get things back on topic. 

EKFC (SAFL) - marked improvement model 2017 are playing Cambria on Thursday night @ Stepford - 8pm KO. 

Another tough test for us, against a solid team and West of Scotland Cup Winners. 

No back tracking, but maybe a little clarity so you can untangle your pants. I'd also like to point out - that I wasn't on holiday, I was at a wedding. Your sources are rotten...

You say I ever mentioned C-Pat in the original post - I never mentioned scoabie either, I alluded to that we lost another to Gartcairn. I never mentioned Cpat because he's no different to anyone else who's left. Heppy only got a mention because I was disappointed to lose him. 

Being Frank, I don't care how you've interpreted it. I'm sure Del, Eggy, John et al at EKFC don't care how you've interpreted it either... you've came on, had a wee rant, garnered some support with what amounts to a largely inaccurate rabble. But where I've stated fact in respect to what you 'think you know' it's clear you know nothing. 

I've asked who you are and some of the remarks are interesting to say the least but they will stay on the committee group chat. 

Mr Irvine, enjoy the rest of your day. I've sent this thread to the committee in the group chat - it's always nice to have something to cheer you up on a Monday morning. 

Lol. That'll be you listening to hearsay again!!!

Not too impressed by your media handling skills as a manager, but I'll give you credit, your a good listener. The ladies must love you . . .

6 minutes ago, S.Irvine said:

Lol. That'll be you listening to hearsay again!!!

Not too impressed by your media handling skills as a manager, but I'll give you credit, your a good listener. The ladies must love you . . .

Aye, I'm the one listening to hearsay. 

Have a good day. 

Archived