Friendlies - Fixtures & Results

Gunner

So, every other fixture/result thread seems to be hijacked... thought we'd give it another go. Be good to see what friendlies are on where / when and the results! 

We (EKFC) are entering a busy 5 game period with some tough games lined up. Eastfield, Cambria, Harestanes, Southside and Colville Park. 

Tomorrow

Eastfield v EKFC

Ravenswood 3G - 3pm KO

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lochgilphead Red Star 1-3 Gartcosh Utd - 8th July 2017

Lochgilphead Red Star 7-1 Firhill Utd - 15th July 2017

Lochgilphead Red Star v Cambria  - 22nd July 2017

Lochgilphead Red Star v Stedfast - 29th July 2017

Oban Saints v Lochgilphead Red Star - 2nd August 2017

Argyll and Bute Cup Tournament - Saturday 5th August  (Lochgilphead RS, Tarbert, Oban Saints, Dunoon, Glasgow Islay, South Lochaber Thistle, Neilston, One more to confirm)

SAFL starts 12th August

Apparently Cambria are taking 30 up tomorrow (not sure if that's all players) 

So, every other fixture/result thread seems to be hijacked... thought we'd give it another go. Be good to see what friendlies are on where / when and the results! 

We (EKFC) are entering a busy 5 game period with some tough games lined up. Eastfield, Cambria, Harestanes, Southside and Colville Park. 

Tomorrow
Eastfield v EKFC
Ravenswood 3G - 3pm KO

That's some line up. Given the players you have supposedly lost I do fear the worst for you.

19 minutes ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

That's some line up. Given the players you have supposedly lost I do fear the worst for you.

What players have they lost and to who?

What was the score between EK and Stenhousemuir from Caley last week?

1 minute ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Stenhousrmuir won. Not sure of score as Amateur Footy Forum never tweeted it??emoji6.png Heard at least one went Junior and couple chucked it.

I'm sure Dougie will get players in, he has been around the block.

Stenny from The Caley are no mugs so no shame in losing to them especially early in preseason.

We got beat 3-2. It was our first game back, new shape/system and a host of new players... I expected rustiness. We were probably the better side... an own goal (defender headered over our keeper) and a poor free kick from us in our own box gifted them a 2 goal lead. We also missed a host of chances, so bar the poor finishing from us - I was quite pleased with the exercise. Sharpness in front of goal will come, of that there is no doubt. 

We've lost only 1 player who I was sad to see go, Heppy to Gartcairn. We did lose another to them too but I'd heard that he was only ever in and out the side - never a regular starter. Other players have left and I've also cut 2 this week too. More importantly, as the new manager, I haven't actually lost anyone. I never had the chance to work with them in the first place. 

Incidentally, we have recruited a number of players including some from the u19's side, and a few others in key area's (2 x CB's, 2 x CM and 1 x FW) - including 2 who are previous lowland league team players. Feedback from those who followed the team every week last season and have watched us in our first 2 friendlies this season have been that there is a marked improvement. We also have a few boys still on holiday who will come into the fray soon... so with our pool currently sitting around the 25 mark I am quite satisfied with what we have. I am reliably informed that by comparison to last season we are in a much stronger position already. 

--

What is inescapable though is our preseason schedule is very tough. I fully expect every game to test our squad in every area. It will prepare us for an assault on the SAFL Premier division, with a secondary aim being going far in either/both Major Cups. No point playing cannon fodder every week and never having your weaknesses exposed. 

Westcliff Afc Pre Season Fixtures

22nd July - Harestanes United (H)
29th July - Glenburn (A)
5th August - Helensburgh (A)
12th August - St Thomas (A)

We Have Struggled For Numbers At Training Due To Holidays And A Few Retired After Last Seasons Double In Paisley & District We Are Looking To Kick On In The Greater Glasgow Premier AFL Hopefully These Fixtures Will See Where We Are At.

We got beat 3-2. It was our first game back, new shape/system and a host of new players... I expected rustiness. We were probably the better side... an own goal (defender headered over our keeper) and a poor free kick from us in our own box gifted them a 2 goal lead. We also missed a host of chances, so bar the poor finishing from us - I was quite pleased with the exercise. Sharpness in front of goal will come, of that there is no doubt. 

We've lost only 1 player who I was sad to see go, Heppy to Gartcairn. We did lose another to them too but I'd heard that he was only ever in and out the side - never a regular starter. Other players have left and I've also cut 2 this week too. More importantly, as the new manager, I haven't actually lost anyone. I never had the chance to work with them in the first place. 

Incidentally, we have recruited a number of players including some from the u19's side, and a few others in key area's (2 x CB's, 2 x CM and 1 x FW) - including 2 who are previous lowland league team players. Feedback from those who followed the team every week last season and have watched us in our first 2 friendlies this season have been that there is a marked improvement. We also have a few boys still on holiday who will come into the fray soon... so with our pool currently sitting around the 25 mark I am quite satisfied with what we have. I am reliably informed that by comparison to last season we are in a much stronger position already. 

--

What is inescapable though is our preseason schedule is very tough. I fully expect every game to test our squad in every area. It will prepare us for an assault on the SAFL Premier division, with a secondary aim being going far in either/both Major Cups. No point playing cannon fodder every week and never having your weaknesses exposed. 

Just shows you what rumours and player talk is worth, obviously nothing if what you say is accurate. If you've brought in all these players of a good standard then I'm sure you will be fine.

1 hour ago, Gunner said:

--

Good to hear Dougie.

If you're strong then you could have a good chance as from what I am hearing from Clydebank Rumour mill is that Goldenhill and St Joes don't look as strong as last season but there is still time for that to change before the season starts (of course).

I agree with your views on a tough preseason schedule. When I played, I felt I got a better workout and got more out of the game playing a higher standard of team (even if I lost the game) than horsing a team at a far lower level where you are only playing at 50/75%.

Archived