Wummin's Fitba'

31 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Was a cracking game, especially the second half. Some effort from City, gutted for them

Was good to see you again Craig. What a comeback City should have won. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took in Scotland's first home World Cup qualifier at St Mirren last night. Free entry, free programmes and stewards handing out free flags on arrival. 1,845 showed up, great atmosphere in the stadium and although they started slow, a great performance from our girls, who were far too strong for the Albanians.

The SFA really got it right with the arrangements, and I'm sure a lot of people who went purely because it was free entry will definitely consider going back. Great job all round.

Yeah I would have gone but only got home from working in Edinburgh at 7 and still had work to do.  Watched it on Alba and it looked a good atmosphere given the crowd was relatively small. Great idea to make it free entry.  Looked like the team were playing their part with the crowd after too. Its not often you see a Scotland team looking fitter than the opposition!

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Somehow the ladies from Stockton (England) are looking considerably less glamorous than their German counterparts.

i don't think the German 'keeper is going to be "easing her own frustrations" for a little while in the aftermath of the challenges that are flying in and about to break most of her fingers....

that one in the blue and yellow is fit as a butcher's dog, mind, imagine those powerful thighs holding you in place while she had her way with you !

I really like watching birds' sports. Obviously the strength and talent isn't the same but it doesn't need to be. They get right stuck in and it can still be a very entertaining spectacle to watch.

I don't have a daughter (yet) but if i do I'll be chuffed to bits watching her play, and I'm glad there are women out there trying to be better role models than Cheryl Cole and the like.

Can't really understand the antagonism they get from some quarters. What harm does it do? 

I think the antagonism is mainly based on the way the women's game is being held up as being on a par with the men's. Obviously that isn't the fault of the women's teams themselves and any hostility directed towards them is out of order.

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2017 at 20:53, nsr said:

I think the antagonism is mainly based on the way the women's game is being held up as being on a par with the men's. 

spot on - interesting to see what way it goes now that parity has been reached, though - I think the defending from England's ladies for the two German goals in the most recent  SB cup match is pretty much exactly the same sort of level as what I expect to see from  Jones, Walker, Stones, Cahill, Hart and the rest when faced with the world's footballing finest during the summer...

Daft question but is "She Believes" a sponsoring brand, or is it 'motivational' naming?
From the U.S. Soccer website

"Conceived and developed by the U.S. Women’s National Team players, SheBelieves is a movement to inspire young girls and women and encourage them to accomplish their goals and dreams, athletic or otherwise."

Daft question but is "She Believes" a sponsoring brand, or is it 'motivational' naming?

I think they are sponsors of a tournament in the US, which is why it’s being heard a lot more. So in this case I think they are a bit of both.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived