Shopping Thread

I would never wear Hackett due to the England flag which for son long was on there clothing. They have moved to a pic of the UK isles on more recent stuff, but still not for me. Never have never will buy Hackett.

On a bit of the newer stuff the SI badges are on the shoulder, but that has just made it look more like the fake pish you get on ebay.

Bought a Paul&Shark polo a few years back and someone said, you usually dress so smartly, how come you are in a £3.99 le shark shirt. Needless to say I never were that £90 polo shirt again and never bought paul&Shark since as it sticks in my mind.

yeah seen some butcher's aprons on it aswell, so won't touch the stuff.

some SI tops i seen had like a stiched in by badge on the left sleeve with SI written above it, not actually the detachable badge. Quite nie don't think i'd wear it though

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some SI tops i seen had like a stiched in by badge on the left sleeve with SI written above it, not actually the detachable badge. Quite nie don't think i'd wear it though

I know the sort you mean. During the 90s, the badge was quite unique and it made it stand out. Now plenty of companies have it (i am not saying Stone Island started the trend, but they certaintly caused the boom in it).

I know the sort you mean. During the 90s, the badge was quite unique and it made it stand out. Now plenty of companies have it (i am not saying Stone Island started the trend, but they certaintly caused the boom in it).

I prefer the SI badge to be on the left arm, personally.

I also disagree with you about wearing Hackett. They most definitely make the best quality polo shirts and will last you the longest. £60 max, can't grudge that. I have 2, and planning on purchasing more.

Paul & Shark also make excellent polos but are a bit pricey. £90 odd quid for one doesn't appeal to me.

I also disagree with you about wearing Hackett. They most definitely make the best quality polo shirts and will last you the longest. £60 max, can't grudge that. I have 2, and planning on purchasing more.

Paul & Shark also make excellent polos but are a bit pricey. £90 odd quid for one doesn't appeal to me.

I did prefer it also left arm and still do. Just saying it has had it's day. Although will still wear it here and there.

Hackett as i said, more about it being an England label, so not for me. Won't go into detail, it is not the forum for it.

Paul&Shark do make some, was recently tempted to buy one of there summer polo's, but as i said, reasons from the past prevent me. It is also/has gone the same way as Stone Island.

Nice phone, my husband has it. Watch the joystick button though, it gets stuck quite a lot.

I refuse to pay for a phone. Always stick to contract and get my new phone every 10 months or so and get a decent price for my old one.

salty do you not live wiht your parents.

if so why are you buying a shower unit

i still had to go pick one! I'll be buying some stuff soon cos I've got 4 months wages for not going and will get me compensation in about a year :D

Hackett make quality polo's, as do P&S, but for me the daddy of all polo's has to be Lacoste ;)

I did prefer it also left arm and still do. Just saying it has had it's day. Although will still wear it here and there.

Hackett as i said, more about it being an England label, so not for me. Won't go into detail, it is not the forum for it.

Paul&Shark do make some, was recently tempted to buy one of there summer polo's, but as i said, reasons from the past prevent me. It is also/has gone the same way as Stone Island.

Paul & Shark do really nice shirts ;)

Penguin and Ralph Lauren surely have to be the pick for polo shirts in the current market! I have a Hackett polo-shirt in size Small and it drowns me. Although i am small i am not that small and i reckon there was a mistake when it was sized. If anyone wants it give me a shout, it's been worn twice.

Guest Stella Addict

At the last count I had 9 Hackett polo's and have 6 Paul and Shark. For me they are the best quality polo shirts, only thing is with navy hackett polos they tend to fade after about a year. Just use them for gardening or decorating now...

Penguin and Ralph Lauren surely have to be the pick for polo shirts in the current market! I have a Hackett polo-shirt in size Small and it drowns me. Although i am small i am not that small and i reckon there was a mistake when it was sized. If anyone wants it give me a shout, it's been worn twice.

Alot of people seeming to be going for Lyal and Scot over Penguin. Think penguin tends to be the 40+'s clothing or students. I really can't stand RL, used to work on a RAF base and it reminds me of what Officers wear. I still own a couple of RL polo's, but only wear them to work.

At the last count I had 9 Hackett polo's and have 6 Paul and Shark. For me they are the best quality polo shirts, only thing is with navy hackett polos they tend to fade after about a year. Just use them for gardening or decorating now...

Know the feeling. Often mow the lawn, wash the car whilst wearing old Stone island sweaters.

Apart from a load of Armani jeans, i tend not to buy to much of same label. Have a steady mix of the usual suspects. Don't want to sound like a 10 year old by going into what I have

Penguin do indeed make excellent polos, very comfortable and light to wear. I have a light blue effort.

Thinking of buying a Penguin v-neck jumper.

Why bother when you could get 5 probably better quality jumpers from Burtons for the same price?

Because I like wearing designer labels. That's why I bother. Is it a big deal to you?

Archived