Shopping Thread

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought it was "dross". I've never heard of "doss" - is it a Perth thing? :unsure:

Not just a Perth thing, I know people from Angus who use it as well, its a silly word.

In local terms, "Doss" is slang for a "Dosser", which is itself slang for someone who went to Dawson Park, which I believe is a school for kids with special needs (this may or may not be an urban myth).

Give me a break, I can spell and understand the word dross, you know! :lol:

Doss means pure amazing.

That is doss!!!

Doss means 'easy' up here. As in, that exam was doss.

Dawson Park was moved to Carrongrange next to Larbert High School about 6 years ago. You can't have spacs next to a real school, don't they realise how bad the bullying will be, taunting their special little faces over the fence?

Anyway, doss means stupid. I actually live in civilization so I'm not taking any nonsense from Northeners who use words like quine and eat butteries.

To be fair, I have heard it used in that way too. As in, "you're a doss c**t"

Anyway, doss means stupid. I actually live in civilization so I'm not taking any nonsense from Northeners who use words like quine and eat butteries.

How queer. I actually just had a conversation with a Stornowegian and an orthodox Weegie who didn't know what butteries were until they came here. :lol:

Thinking about it, we also used to use the term 'doss' as a term for kipping on somebody's floor or whatever, which is probably more a 'correct' use, as in dosshouses, dosser etc.

Doss means pure amazing.

That is doss!!!

'Doss' means thick.

eg- 'Ya Doss c**t'. = You thick c**t.

Unless you think 'Bad' means 'Good' in an American type way. :P

Guest God is a bairn
Dawson Park was moved to Carrongrange next to Larbert High School about 6 years ago. You can't have spacs next to a real school, don't they realise how bad the bullying will be, taunting their special little faces over the fence?

it was class in winter when you could pelt them with snow/ice balls

Doss means pure amazing.

That is doss!!!

Doss either means to doss about - to hang around wasting time, to mess about - or else it is an entriely negative word, as in 'ya doss c**t'. As I see people have since pointed out. It's not a good word at all! :blink:

Doss either means to doss about - to hang around wasting time, to mess about - or else it is an entriely negative word, as in 'ya doss c**t'. As I see people have since pointed out. It's not a good word at all! :blink:

Agreed.

Archived