'Busy lives'

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I was typing that I was specifically thinking of a guy I know – he’s (or more accurately perhaps he WAS) a cracking guy in real life, but unfortunately social media has been the undoing of him, as he seems to spend a disproportionate time on there documenting every mishap and slight that life offers him, regularly taking online hissy fits if he fails to garner the attention he believes he warrants. Worst of it is he's not of of those cliched millennials who we're led to believe are the only ones obsessed with cataloguing the "uniqueness" of their essentially mundane experiences - he's in his forties.

Snap. Another notable case with me is a woman in her 50s who had her house flooded and lost pretty much everything, but insists on letting the world know about every single down day and interaction with the council regarding temporary accommodation. An endless stream of those awful 'motivational gifs' (pre-millennial women are undoubtedly the worst offenders) and recently this sort of thing:

It's when a real crisis/tragedy strikes right out of the blue that you find out who your real friends and family are, and they are not always who you expect. You know who you are. Thank you will never be enough for your practical and emotional help, your generosity I don't think can ever be repaid. My friends from the bottom off my heart thank you for everything at what has probably been the worst time of my life. With your continued help we will steadily move forward together.

c00809296a3ac3c5ba478fd066c7156f.jpg

Urgh.

every person on facebook should have a larry david type friend who will be brave enough to say what everyon else is thinking. example

some bint " just want to wish my darling hubby a happy birthday, I love you more than words can express xxx"

what everyones thinking " why don't  you tell him to his face, you live with the c**t"

what peopke reply " aww enjoy your day ***, yous are so good together xxx".

This type of behaviour is just being an enabler to this persons own self improtance. A quick reality check that no one gives a toss will help gradually rid social media of this mentality that everyone cares about each others mundane lives and thoughts when in reality 99% of people don't care and never will. Maybe I'm a cynical twat with no empathy but my view stands

On 7/21/2017 at 13:09, DA Baracus said:

Is this actually true? I was an online shopper in Sainsburys for a bit, and if you did anything like that you'd be telt very quickly, and if it continued you'd be fired very quickly. You had to scan everything so the managers could always review on the system what folk had done, and shit like that would get flagged up right away. Plus as soon as the customer complains, you'd be in trouble, as every shop could be traced back to who did it (since you have to sign in to the scanners).

The swaps we made were always a similar product (e.g. if the bread they wanted wasn't there we'd swap it for the closest match and so on, and if there wasn't a similar product we simply didn't give a swap a the customer would be refunded for that item). 

Of course I have no idea how Asda worked with this, so perhaps shit like that did go on.

I dunno. The missus experimented with online shopping again last week - ASDA being the one she used. We'd tried with Tesco and I think also Sainsbury's years ago, and the f**k-ups had annoyed me, so this was a test of the process. 

We went for click and collect rather than delivery, and ended up having to cancel about a dozen items, which worked out as nearly 10% of the shop; not a good ratio. If I wanted a suggested substitute, I'd have ordered it. Some of the suggested alternatives were just moronic.
When she got to ASDA the click and collect wasn't working. It turned out that it had been broken all day, but putting a sign up advising shoppers of this was beyond the skillset of any of the staff on site. She went inside and was advised that a customer service desk could process the click and collect. They tried and then said they couldn't find her order. After several attempts a staff member was eventually dispatched to wander around the backstage areas of the store where, after 40 minutes, they located our shopping. Stored in the wrong place. Some perishable and soft items were under heavy items. There were way too many shitty plastic bags used. 6 rolls in one bag. a bottle of shampoo in one bag. etc.

I won't be doing it again. I simply can't trust them not to f**k it up.

At least it was just a regular shop, there was nothing important in there. I remember all the articles in the press over the last few Christmases where many shoppers found that their turkeys and hams had been substituted with packs of minging turkey roll sandwich meant and so on. If that happened to me I'd want to murder the persons responsible.

every person on facebook should have a larry david type friend who will be brave enough to say what everyon else is thinking. example
some bint " just want to wish my darling hubby a happy birthday, I love you more than words can express xxx"
what everyones thinking " why don't  you tell him to his face, you live with the c**t"
what peopke reply " aww enjoy your day ***, yous are so good together xxx".

This type of behaviour is just being an enabler to this persons own self improtance. A quick reality check that no one gives a toss will help gradually rid social media of this mentality that everyone cares about each others mundane lives and thoughts when in reality 99% of people don't care and never will. Maybe I'm a cynical twat with no empathy but my view stands

Archived