Jobs Jobs Jobs

After the extremely positive news that Scotlands economy is growing offset against the very disappointing news the rUK is not; it appears more jobs have been created north of border.

Well done the Scottish Government, managing the country extremely well!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-40642236

On 18/07/2017 at 16:26, John Lambies Doos said:

After the extremely positive news that Scotlands economy is growing offset against the very disappointing news the rUK is not; it appears more jobs have been created north of border.

Well done the Scottish Government, managing the country extremely well!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-40642236

I'll agree that any job creation is welcome, even call centre jobs  and the new docks development in Aberdeen is also good news.

I wouldn't get too excited that one period's  economic   growth figure show our growth is minutely higher than the rUK's .

It would be nice if the Scottish Government could realise that Scotland extends South beyond the Edinburgh bypass and West past the A74M/M74 and invest in those regions.

The extension of the Borders railway into Hawick and on to Carlisle would be a start.

Guest Bob Mahelp

http://www.scotsman.com/business/companies/scotland-s-economy-scotland-ranked-best-place-to-start-a-business-1-4507788

http://www.scotsman.com/business/markets-economy/scotland-s-economy-growth-continues-despite-consumer-woes-1-4508945

It's almost as if the constant hate,drivel and bile that comes out of Yoons mouths......the 'get on with your day job' ranting....wasn't true, and is just lies, lies and more lies made up by the right-wing nutcases in rags like The Express, Daily Mail and Telegraph.

Guest Bob Mahelp
4 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

It would be nice if the Scottish Government could realise that Scotland extends South beyond the Edinburgh bypass and West past the A74M/M74 and invest in those regions.

The extension of the Borders railway into Hawick and on to Carlisle would be a start.

Don't be daft.

This is another one of these havering BritNat lies, that the SNP ignores the rest of Scotland outside the central belt.

The dualling of the A9 is vital to the economy of the north of Scotland and was completely ignored by Unionist administrations for years. Only under an SNP government has this been tackled (together with the issue of cutting down deaths by speeding and dangerous driving).

On top of that, the SNP have put money into allowing the Highlands to embrace its Gaelic history. Investment in education and social needs are something that would have been completely ignored by a Unionist administration in Holyrood.

The Borders raillink was a massive task. Again one taken on by the SNP. I'm sure that in the future the link to Hawick and eventually Carlisle will eventually be completed but that takes a huge investment to build a railway across difiicult country.

The SNP have put far more into investment in infrastructure than any previous administration. And when the border Tories keep on whining like babies, maybe they should think back to which government destroyed the manufacturing industry in places like Hawick, Selkirk and Gala.

On 7/19/2017 at 04:39, resk said:

Jobs are still a thing? FFS. I thought we'd all be sitting around counting our UBI and getting sooked aff by sex robots by now.

You mean you're not??!!

Doing it wrong mate...

We argue though, do we not, when Scotland's figures are not good, that we don't have the necessary control over the real economic levers to change things. There's a lengthy and well written article on Wings where Nicola Sturgeon is hypothetically considering what she can do to improve things? Increase immigration? No. Vary certain tax rates? No. Why then are we on the yes side 'celebrating' good figures? It only gives the Yoons a stick to beat us with when things change. Surely we either do have the necessary control or we do not.

12 minutes ago, Kaz said:

We argue though, do we not, when Scotland's figures are not good, that we don't have the necessary control over the real economic levers to change things. There's a lengthy and well written article on Wings where Nicola Sturgeon is hypothetically considering what she can do to improve things? Increase immigration? No. Vary certain tax rates? No. Why then are we on the yes side 'celebrating' good figures? It only gives the Yoons a stick to beat us with when things change. Surely we either do have the necessary control or we do not.

They beat us when they f**k it up and they beat us up when they do better, have you not been watching.

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Don't be daft.

This is another one of these havering BritNat lies, that the SNP ignores the rest of Scotland outside the central belt.

The dualling of the A9 is vital to the economy of the north of Scotland and was completely ignored by Unionist administrations for years. Only under an SNP government has this been tackled (together with the issue of cutting down deaths by speeding and dangerous driving).

On top of that, the SNP have put money into allowing the Highlands to embrace its Gaelic history. Investment in education and social needs are something that would have been completely ignored by a Unionist administration in Holyrood.

The Borders raillink was a massive task. Again one taken on by the SNP. I'm sure that in the future the link to Hawick and eventually Carlisle will eventually be completed but that takes a huge investment to build a railway across difiicult country.

The SNP have put far more into investment in infrastructure than any previous administration. And when the border Tories keep on whining like babies, maybe they should think back to which government destroyed the manufacturing industry in places like Hawick, Selkirk and Gala.

I know in Ayrshire that they have upgraded Ayr Hospital, built flyovers across the A77 and built various brand new schools across Ayrshire and are now considering dualling the A77 between Ayr and Stranraer. They also prevented the airport from closing. They are certainly more pro active in upgrading infrastructure than any devolved administration before them with less cash than any before them. They also seem pretty handy at completing these things under budget and on time unlike Labour before them who couldn't build a garden shed on time.

8 hours ago, McSpreader said:

I wouldn't get too excited that one period's  economic   growth figure show our growth is minutely higher than the rUK's .

Is this the same as, "better than", "larger than", "more than", or does it mean, "bigger" or "stronger"?

10 hours ago, McSpreader said:

I'll agree that any job creation is welcome, even call centre jobs  and the new docks development in Aberdeen is also good news.

Clearly numbers isn't your strong point. 0.8 is 4 times higher than 0.2. HTH

1 hour ago, AUFC90 said:

Clearly numbers isn't your strong point. 0.8 is 4 times higher than 0.2. HTH

And minute by any standards. A puddle holds a lot more water  than a raindrop but not as much as Loch Lomond........

13 hours ago, McSpreader said:

I'm convinced my way is the 'smart' way as proven by my posts in this thread.

12 hours ago, McSpreader said:

I wouldn't get too excited that one period's  economic  growth figure show our growth is minutely higher than the rUK's .

2 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

Clearly numbers isn't your strong point. 0.8 is 4 times higher than 0.2. 

57 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

And minute by any standards. A puddle holds a lot more water  than a raindrop but not as much as Loch Lomond........

einstein-bhai.jpg

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

7 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

1974-Alex-Karras-Mongo-Blazing-Saddles.jpg

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

einstein-bhai.jpg

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Thank you.......I hate when I have to state the obvious but unfortunately some thickos on here.

Glad you see my point !

13 hours ago, McSpreader said:

This reminds me of the time when Joey Barton was trying to be all philosophical on twitter a few years back. 

Archived