Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wee Wishae word.... it won’t break my heart if we don’t have to play them next year for 2 reasons. The first one is football (and probably what we should always be judged on) as they are a good side full of decent players who have, over the games I have seen against them over the last 2 season, been the better team on the balance of play. They always gave us problems. 2nd’ly, they are a bunch of moaning buggers behind the scenes. I admit I don’t know much about their internal feuds which have been detailed on here but I remember the bllx they talked and did when our lad broke his jaw at theirs last season, ambulance called, his dad driving his wife at break neck speed to the hospital, mum in tears worried about their son as he was unconscious in A&E and the match abandoned. It left a sour taste in my mouth at the time and the over officious conspiratorial sour graped tone coming from some showed up more about them than it ever did about us. They were letting their players down as far as I was concerned and I don’t care WHAT team you are and at what level, changing managers so often and unrest behind the scenes never does the players any good in the long run. I heard some moans again on Monday after the game as I said. Football isn’t win at all costs and lord above, we are at a low low level of football (although we all love it) so we should enjoy it and carry ourselves well. Congratulate the winners and respect your opponents and share the love of this game, all of us just trying our best, player manager committee and fan alike. Standards dear boys, standards. When you drop yours, even the once, the game’s a bogey.... for you anyway.

On 18/05/2018 at 15:22, A. Young said:

Baffled at dereks bafflement 

won 3 v Shotts 6-0 Gow 5-0 Vics 4-2

drew 2 v Ross vale 0-0 Perthshire 1-1

lost 6 v Shotts 1-0 forth3-2 bens 6-1 Neilston 4-2 roch 2-1 ek 2-1 

11 points out possible 33 

Don’t know Derek Holmes personally but I think maybe you should become manager as a lot of rumours floating about that you want to pick the team anyway. The games have quite clearly caught up with wishaw. But you need to remember these guys got to the semis of the SC under Derek Holmes and Previously John Brogan. 

Whoever gets the job is going to have to build a new team as near enough every decent player is leaving and rightly so . Wishaw have been spoiled for what they have had under 2 very good managers in first big John and then Chris who both done great jobs on a low budget.

3 hours ago, lokforever said:

Thought the scoreline was a bit harsh on Shotts today. Were very much in it until they lost two quick fire goals. The 3rd was offside as the guy who evaded the ball was definitely in play and distracting the keeper. A nice goal back by Danny Burns was immediately undermined by another error when Neilston scored straight from a corner . They  ran out comfortable winners against a depleted SBA who had no subs,  had a player sent off near the end and their number 6, who has been playing for Lanark recently,  could have had a straight  red for an off the ball kick at a Neilston defender.

10 hours ago, bc57 said:

Thought the scoreline was a bit harsh on Shotts today. Were very much in it until they lost two quick fire goals. The 3rd was offside as the guy who evaded the ball was definitely in play and distracting the keeper. A nice goal back by Danny Burns was immediately undermined by another error when Neilston scored straight from a corner . They  ran out comfortable winners against a depleted SBA who had no subs,  had a player sent off near the end and their number 6, who has been playing for Lanark recently,  could have had a straight  red for an off the ball kick at a Neilston defender.

It's all about opinions but I'd say we were very much in control. 

2 hours ago, Brig O'Lea said:

It's all about opinions but I'd say we were very much in control. 

I agree, for most of the game you were but, until they lost those two goals in quick succession they were very much in it and, as I said, you ran out comfortable winners.

Don’t know Derek Holmes personally but I think maybe you should become manager as a lot of rumours floating about that you want to pick the team anyway. The games have quite clearly caught up with wishaw. But you need to remember these guys got to the semis of the SC under Derek Holmes and Previously John Brogan. 
Whoever gets the job is going to have to build a new team as near enough every decent player is leaving and rightly so . Wishaw have been spoiled for what they have had under 2 very good managers in first big John and then Chris who both done great jobs on a low budget.

Interested to understand who is leaving and to where? From what I understood most of the squad were staying put. In saying that, it’s fourth hand I am hearing this, so may well be bullshit.

3 hours ago, winston_ingram said:

Interested to understand who is leaving and to where? From what I understood most of the squad were staying put. In saying that, it’s fourth hand I am hearing this, so may well be bullshit.

There is 6 players that I know of who have signed elsewhere.

On 19/05/2018 at 10:56, Kinky Afro said:

A wee Wishae word.... it won’t break my heart if we don’t have to play them next year for 2 reasons. The first one is football (and probably what we should always be judged on) as they are a good side full of decent players who have, over the games I have seen against them over the last 2 season, been the better team on the balance of play. They always gave us problems. 2nd’ly, they are a bunch of moaning buggers behind the scenes. I admit I don’t know much about their internal feuds which have been detailed on here but I remember the bllx they talked and did when our lad broke his jaw at theirs last season, ambulance called, his dad driving his wife at break neck speed to the hospital, mum in tears worried about their son as he was unconscious in A&E and the match abandoned. It left a sour taste in my mouth at the time and the over officious conspiratorial sour graped tone coming from some showed up more about them than it ever did about us. They were letting their players down as far as I was concerned and I don’t care WHAT team you are and at what level, changing managers so often and unrest behind the scenes never does the players any good in the long run. I heard some moans again on Monday after the game as I said. Football isn’t win at all costs and lord above, we are at a low low level of football (although we all love it) so we should enjoy it and carry ourselves well. Congratulate the winners and respect your opponents and share the love of this game, all of us just trying our best, player manager committee and fan alike. Standards dear boys, standards. When you drop yours, even the once, the game’s a bogey.... for you anyway.

....... a couple of points if I may, Kinky Afro.....

1. No-one that I am aware of at Wishaw considers winning at all costs to be a reasonable outlook on a game of football.  In particular, the game that you have referred to in which young Declan was badly injured - I was the first person on the park to help the laddie (and I didn't observe the protocol of waiting for the referee's permission to go on the park!!). I asked one of the Roch's players to get the physio on right away as I knew the boy was in trouble ......(and I'm fae Wishy!).

2. The young lad was NOT unconscious in the A&E department - he was fully conscious when he was helped to his feet by the St Roch's physio (a paramedic) and myself. Thereafter, the lad was laid back down as a precaution because he "didn't feel too good" - he wouldn't have known shite from shinola tbh :) ....... He was (correctly) kept there until the ambulance arrived - and was able to converse with the ambulance paramedics and walk to the ambulance for the short journey to Wishaw General.

I have always thoroughly enjoyed reading your posts in the past, but this one....... not so much....... and it's ironic that you maybe didn't heed your own advice vis-a-vis standards........ but you're allowed one wee slip ;) .

Anyhow, hopefully, Wishaw DO get the promotion that the team deserve for their efforts this year - and hopefully we can enjoy more games  at JMG park.

Either way, good luck for next (and every)  season!

COYW

I am happy to clarify... I’ve read my post and it does read like he was in hospital unconscious and I don’t think that was the case. He had been unconscious and was in hospital. Everything else still stands. I’m glad there is no win at all costs attitude, that never works out well, but it wasn’t me mentioning about your manager leaving and questions being asked about people behind the scenes interfering. I also mentioned the strange interaction I had with a few Wishae Jaykit’d guys after the game last week. (Not sure if they were committee or indeed the alleged famous and fabled Wishae Agitators of Gaffers) I read and heard people from Wishae (in here and in person) bleat on and on about those 3 points as if I had instigated a personal evil plan to steal them from them, even though the game never finished. The sour taste was left because of debates on here with certain folk who in my opinion were not quite getting the situation and too hell bent of getting those 3 points. I knew that if they played the replay like they played the original game they would beat us again.. so it proved and they killed our promotion plans last season. I gave up in the end. I was at the original game too...The lad was knocked out cold I was told and then came round and if you were on the pitch you know what the order of events were after that.... as I said, for football reasons I won’t miss them, some decent players over the years, we never did well against them and even Monday last was a struggle as we got over the line. Happy to raise my standards again and clarify! As you said, we can all slip ocassionally. It is acceptable though if your standards are exceptionally high to start with.. and it is just a slip...[emoji6]

I'm gonna disagree with my good friend kinky
I'm rooting for Wishaw to get into the play offs for one simple reason ...they play good watchable football no disrespect to Neilston and indeed Benburb but they play a horrible brand of football which for me is a turn off long high sky ball football from keeper to edge of opponents box were there midfield may as well just not bother turning up .
Yes I get that different methods and ways of playing the game can be successful but for the paying customer it's highly unwatchable or enjoyable .
So yes we may go back to wishy and get pumped as usual but least they would have done it playing football in a manner befitting the game .

5 hours ago, Kinky Afro said:

I am happy to clarify... I’ve read my post and it does read like he was in hospital unconscious and I don’t think that was the case. He had been unconscious and was in hospital. Everything else still stands. I’m glad there is no win at all costs attitude, that never works out well, but it wasn’t me mentioning about your manager leaving and questions being asked about people behind the scenes interfering. I also mentioned the strange interaction I had with a few Wishae Jaykit’d guys after the game last week. (Not sure if they were committee or indeed the alleged famous and fabled Wishae Agitators of Gaffers) I read and heard people from Wishae (in here and in person) bleat on and on about those 3 points as if I had instigated a personal evil plan to steal them from them, even though the game never finished. The sour taste was left because of debates on here with certain folk who in my opinion were not quite getting the situation and too hell bent of getting those 3 points. I knew that if they played the replay like they played the original game they would beat us again.. so it proved and they killed our promotion plans last season. I gave up in the end. I was at the original game too...The lad was knocked out cold I was told and then came round and if you were on the pitch you know what the order of events were after that.... as I said, for football reasons I won’t miss them, some decent players over the years, we never did well against them and even Monday last was a struggle as we got over the line. Happy to raise my standards again and clarify! As you said, we can all slip ocassionally. It is acceptable though if your standards are exceptionally high to start with.. and it is just a slip...emoji6.png

Just catching up here and I've got say that I'm not seeing any ambiguity in your original statement,so how about we chalk it up to some poetic licence,Kinks.:) I wasn't present at either of the events you describe as,like you,I can't make it to every game,but I'm genuinely surprised that you chose to resurrect an event which has long ago been done to death on this forum,and which in other circumstances could be seen as inflammatory and divisive.It's almost as though,like Tam o Shanter's missus,you've been nursing your wrath to keep it warm..and that certainly doesn't reflect the guy whose posts usually speak of love and goodwill.

My mention of other circumstances is a nod towards the relationship between the clubs which,after a rocky :P start,is now on a pretty firm footing.Indeed,it was only a matter of days ago that Andy thanked Alec Young and the Wishy guys for their stance and support when others had sought to create trouble for your club in the wake of Squibgate.He also wished Wishaw all the best in their quest for a play-off spot and it seems that he,like fans on both sides,enjoys the jousts between the sides.

As for the grumpy auld guys with whom you shared a tea,well,as I've stated elsewhere,I find them to be an amiable bunch and it's probably worth mentioning that in this instance they had just watched their team lose what was a pivotal match for both clubs,so it's understandable if emotions were running high.

Anyhoo,let me take this opportunity to congratulate the Roch on a well deserved promotion and wish them well for next season in the hope that Wishaw may yet join them in the higher division.  :)

I love it!! Made me laugh there being compared to Tam O’Shanters missus! [emoji23][emoji23] it was a comment because someone else commented on Wishae. Football wise they were good but the interactions I had off the pitch left a sour taste and after the last one I thought it was a bit harsh, that was all, no more no less. To be fair, I do try to comment on what I think and what I see, (I do not claim to speak for anyone at the club or anyone else for that matter). Often that isn’t what others think or see and I accept that. In fact GOTW and I often disagree in real time about things that have happened right in front of us as we stand side by side. One man’s coming together is another man’s deliberate kick. Happy to hold my hands up to anything and as you say, it may be opening up old scabbed up sores... I shall leave them to heal over again....

“No, wha this tale o' truth shall read,

Ilk man and mother's son take heed”.....

be careful what you write or you too may be condemned to a life compared to a literary Ayrshire wife... and who would ever want that??[emoji23]

Mon the Wishae Bards!!

7 minutes ago, Kinky Afro said:

I love it!! Made me laugh there being compared to Tam O’Shanters missus! emoji23.pngemoji23.png it was a comment because someone else commented on Wishae. Football wise they were good but the interactions I had off the pitch left a sour taste and after the last one I thought it was a bit harsh, that was all, no more no less. To be fair, I do try to comment on what I think and what I see. Often that is t what others think or see. In fact GOTW and I often disagree in real time about things that have happened right in front of us as we stand side by side. One man’s coming together is another man’s deliberate kick. Happy to hold my hands up to anything and as you say, it may be opening up old scabbed up sores... I shall leave them to heal over again....
“No, wha this tale o' truth shall read,
Ilk man and mother's son take heed”..... be careful what you write or you too may be condemned to a life compared to a literary Ayrshire wife... and who would ever want that??emoji23.png
Mon the Wishae Bards!!

Good stuff bud,let's never forget that a writer writes...always.And of course,as we see here,writing classes rarely provide the inspiration that we seek  :)....

Archived