Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

The great Neilston v Wishaw debate.

Neilston 3 games left with 46 pts

Wishaw 12 games left with 29 pts

Neilston last 3 games, Wishaw (h) Shotts Bon Accord (h) Wishaw (a)

Worst case scenario for Neilston would be to lose the two games to Wishaw. That would leave Wishaw 11 pts behind Neilston with 10 games to play. Or to put it another way , if Wishaw win the 2 games,  they (Wishaw) would be left looking for say 5 wins out of the 10 remaining games to claim that play off spot.

Any neutral should head for the Neilston v Wishaw game on Saturday.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Glenconner said:

The great Neilston v Wishaw debate.

Neilston 3 games left with 46 pts

Wishaw 12 games left with 29 pts

Neilston last 3 games, Wishaw (h) Shotts Bon Accord (h) Wishaw (a)

Worst case scenario for Neilston would be to lose the two games to Wishaw. That would leave Wishaw 11 pts behind Neilston with 10 games to play. Or to put it another way , if Wishaw win the 2 games,  they (Wishaw) would be left looking for say 5 wins out of the 10 remaining games to claim that play off spot.

Any neutral should head for the Neilston v Wishaw game on Saturday.

Hoping to bounce back to form on sat where we hv been fairly decent .... was up at park last nite and park is looking top drawer prob best surface in the division. So will be no excuses from either team let the ding dong battle commence

10 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Hoping to bounce back to form on sat where we hv been fairly decent .... was up at park last nite and park is looking top drawer prob best surface in the division. So will be no excuses from either team let the ding dong battle commence

The middle of the pitch is in fantastic nick for this time of the season.

34 minutes ago, ScottMcCorry said:

The middle of the pitch is in fantastic nick for this time of the season.

Been a hard slog for teams with grass this season in all divisions  ... it’s simply  hard working volunteers that maintain everyone’s park ... 

of late we’ve been lucky weather wise for our midweek games been mostly dry when we’ve been at home so park hasn’t took to much of a hit 

Match day .... candy and Rossvale idle today ...but will be watching on 

bens vs gow .... bens looking for win to keep in hunt for outside chance of league. And all but cement there promotion  (unless wishaw do the near but impossible)) gow hvnt been offering much .... big home win

game of the day is up at ours an absolute ding dong battle in a sunny neilston 

neilston vs wishaw... out of sorts neilston  hv been off the ball but more than capable. Of the win to make wishaws hunt    Even harder ... wishaw hv notched up 3 on the spin banging the goals in 

... hv to support my own and go for home win .. wee basically need the win to try out more distance between us and them and sit and watch the run in 

Can't see anything other than a very comfortable home win for Benburb 6-0

Neilston v Wishaw should be a cracker as a very direct and physical home side square up again imo the best footballing side in the league I'm gonna go for a very narrow away win 1-2

Forth v greenock is again a very tough one to call but I'm going 2-1 to the home side and finally in the mid table clash between Blantyre and Yoker I can't see past a home win 3-1

Thought Wishaw looked exhausted near the end at Brig O Lea. Although they could have came away with a draw if the Neilston goalie hadn't saved that penalty. Big win for Neilston in holding off Wishaw. A 20 point gap is better than a 17 point gap.

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

Thought Wishaw looked exhausted near the end at Brig O Lea. Although they could have came away with a draw if the Neilston goalie hadn't saved that penalty. Big win for Neilston in holding off Wishaw. A 20 point gap is better than a 17 point gap.

Three more games on the road for Wishaw over the next week as well. 

Massive win for Neilston today. Real six-pointer, and gets them right back on track for the play-off. In fact I would go as far say they are slight favourites ahead of Wishaw for that spot now. 

4 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Was tense game Neva seen my much of 1st half was lumbered into pie stall murder polis ran out lol .... 2nd half was great to watch and as you said neilston need the win to put the pressure on .... over to wishaw now to try start putting some points on board 

2 minutes ago, Homelessglasgow said:

Three more games on the road for Wishaw over the next week as well. 

Massive win for Neilston today. Real six-pointer, and gets them right back on track for the play-off. In fact I would go as far say they are slight favourites ahead of Wishaw for that spot now. 

Dnt like to rely on other teams but wishaw hv roch away mon ek away wed Greenock away sat 

stil to play port twice 

yoker away 

forth away 

us at home ... if they pull it off will be some achievement 

1 minute ago, combineharvester said:

Was tense game Neva seen my much of 1st half was lumbered into pie stall murder polis ran out lol .... 2nd half was great to watch and as you said neilston need the win to put the pressure on .... over to wishaw now to try start putting some points on board 

Cnady boys still talking about the Neilston pie stall! To my shame I had three when we visited the other week. 

1 minute ago, combineharvester said:

Dnt like to rely on other teams but wishaw hv roch away mon ek away wed Greenock away sat 

stil to play port twice 

yoker away 

forth away 

us at home ... if they pull it off will be some achievement 

Yeah, understandable, but after that bad wee run of games this gets you guys right back into it again. A St Roch win on Monday night and maximum Wishaw can get to is 59 points. Then they have all those other away ties. If Neilston can win their last two and get to 55 I reckon that will be enough. 

Top of the league along with Wishaw.

Rossvale 61 pts maximum 64 pts 

St Roch's 59 pts maximum 62 pts

Benburb 58 pts maximum 61 pts

Neilston 49 pts maximum 55 pts

Wishaw 29 pts maximum 62 pts.

5 minutes ago, Homelessglasgow said:

Cnady boys still talking about the Neilston pie stall! To my shame I had three when we visited the other week. 

Other pie lassys were all away today so some mug had to try and put somehing on lol thought it would hv been juice rush today but every one wanted a pie haha

6 minutes ago, Homelessglasgow said:

Yeah, understandable, but after that bad wee run of games this gets you guys right back into it again. A St Roch win on Monday night and maximum Wishaw can get to is 59 points. Then they have all those other away ties. If Neilston can win their last two and get to 55 I reckon that will be enough. 

I’ll be up garngad on Monday  

Archived