Central 1st Division 2017-18

Ryso Mac

3 of the top 4 all in action tonight 

gow vs roch 

thorniewood vs Rossvale 

neilston vs Greenock 

think the top teams will all come out on top tonight .... but u jist never know in this league

alsio another tough away day for for wishaw at Perthshire ... score draw for me 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Jason King said:

Not just Wishaw that should be looking over their shoulder although I think Wishaw will be fine at this point (I take the option to change my view if they pick up 1 point from their next 12), Forth are on a wee run and Shotts, EK and Greenock also need to take care. If Forth continue at roughly a point a game then they'll be close behind EK and Greenock and also within striking distance of Shotts.

Interesting times ahead.

Lesmahagow and Thorniewood should already be setting the satnav for Johnstone, Carluke and Lanark.

If, and it’s a big if, Forth win at Hannah Park tonight they will be within striking distance of Shotts.

Benburb getting their game put off tonight and then their next 2 league fixtures being the Saturday should help. I presume the winner of the League Cup tie on the 7th will end up playing them on the Wednesday or will be played on the Saturday with the rest and the Lesmahagow fixture penciled in just now for the 12th, will be re-scheduled again.

i had heard they cancelled their match with Blantyre due to lack of players. That cant be the case.

1 hour ago, ScottMcCorry said:

Benburb getting their game put off tonight and then their next 2 league fixtures being the Saturday should help. I presume the winner of the League Cup tie on the 7th will end up playing them on the Wednesday or will be played on the Saturday with the rest and the Lesmahagow fixture penciled in just now for the 12th, will be re-scheduled again.

i had heard they cancelled their match with Blantyre due to lack of players. That cant be the case.

I heard similar, a few niggles and players not being able to make it.  really poor decision at this stage of the season to allow them to simply take the night off when all teams round about them have to play. Really amazed that the SJFA sanctioned this.

3 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Big teams get the big decisions!

It is actually a staggering decision when you step back from it. If the park is playable, the game should be played, regardless.

11 minutes ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Think the Bens will have just exercised their right to a "free week" - my understanding is that all teams can request one during the course of the season - so no issue with it.

We (St Roch's) have requested the 19th off.p

Royal Wedding day....good shout boss

22 hours ago, Theapprentice said:

Wishaw have bottled it, great run of form in the cup to get to the cup semi but other that that haven't done sweet FA.  I wasn't there last night, but the last few games particularly the Shotts game was horrendous.  Obviously the players have believed there own hype and now think they are better than they are.  They better be watching over their shoulders though as relegation is still also possible!

Rossvale game frustrating to watch - also dont get why so many changes in the team game by game (never a fan of changing the back four every single game, full backs have to be Chris Martin and Liam O'kane, granted need two new centre halfs, who are actually centre halfs), fair enough later on in the fixtures but at least initially get the points on the board.  Not sure if its the new management team struggling to get wishaw going, or indeed if they lack the experience (ability) to do so or players not playing for him, or one miraculous cup run has them all thinking they are super stars and merely hiding from view a bang average squad who think they are better than they actually are.  

How can the management pick a player that has left the club?

2 hours ago, winston_ingram said:

How can the management pick a player that has left the club?

Which one has left ?-  how either of these can be allowed to leave after their overall performances in the games I have managed to be at is astonishing

4 hours ago, 21stcenturyboy said:

Think the Bens will have just exercised their right to a "free week" - my understanding is that all teams can request one during the course of the season - so no issue with it.

We (St Roch's) have requested the 19th off.p

Dnt no all the ins and outs why it’s off bens also cancelled game vs neilston due to burst pipe this season (in a pretty new facility)they will hv  also played more home league games than any other team this season which shouldn’t hv been allowed  even tho they got beat the additional game 

1 hour ago, Theapprentice said:

Which one has left ?-  how either of these can be allowed to leave after their overall performances in the games I have managed to be at is astonishing

The one in bold. Who, incidentally hasn't kicked a ball for Wishaw in a competitive game since 2017, due to injury. 

Not many surprises tonight with neilston candy and Rossvale all winning 

neilston should hv been out of sight but gave Greenock cheap goal and then they away team nearly snatched draw at end b4 neilston killed game off

looking more and more likely that the top 4 has almost been confirmed with wishaw failing to win again 

We all go again sat 

22 minutes ago, combineharvester said:

Not many surprises tonight with neilston candy and Rossvale all winning 

neilston should hv been out of sight but gave Greenock cheap goal and then they away team nearly snatched draw at end b4 neilston killed game off

looking more and more likely that the top 4 has almost been confirmed with wishaw failing to win again 

We all go again sat 

Not quite, St Roch's have a free Saturday this weekend.

Can't say this week has changed much. The top four last week are still the top four this week. Wishaw picked up a point to leave us still trying to figure out what's happened since the Junior Cup semi final.

^ Rossvale's second goal looks a bit dodgy there. Riding their luck a bit. 

Last night just inched things even closer at the top, Another bad night for Wishaw but they now have a run of three home games to try and build momentum ahead of going to Neilston a week on Saturday. After those four we will know whether they are in contention or not. 

Neilston themselves got a big win last night against Greenock. Two tough away ties for them now at Forth and Yoker before Wishaw come to town. 

Rossvale keep on keepin on. Have to salute their consistency but like Neilston they have two tricky away ties on Saturday and Monday against Yoker and EK Thistle. Who is their last home game against? 

Candy looking very strong now and blew away the bad memories of Lesmahagow away last season. Rest over the weekend will do their legs good before they take to the road again on Monday night,   

Maryhill and Shettleston confirmed as being in the playoffs with the Central 1 and Ayrshire team for the final positions in the new Second Division (or whatever its going to be called, I think someone mentioned months ago it was going to be the Championship), anyone know how its decided who plays who?

Is it team at bottom v Ayrshire or team at bottom v Central 1 or toss a coin or geographically or who has the most vowels in their name?

1 minute ago, Jason King said:

Maryhill and Shettleston confirmed as being in the playoffs with the Central 1 and Ayrshire team for the final positions in the new Second Division (or whatever its going to be called, I think someone mentioned months ago it was going to be the Championship), anyone know how its decided who plays who?

Is it team at bottom v Ayrshire or team at bottom v Central 1 or toss a coin or geographically or who has the most vowels in their name?

Are the playoffs games home and away?

Archived