Worrying times!!!!!!!!!!

Widhaw

Some ridiculous posts going about on here. How anyone can have a go at a manager trying to improve his team regardless of the standard there at just now is laughable. End of the day Colville lost to Cambria in the west and narrowly won the Scottish cup so there is definite room for improvement. Yes there the best team in amateur at the moment and its a shame if Bannockburn cant replace these players but that's not micks fault.. Colville park players are approached all the time to move to other amateur/junior clubs and some players have left in the past.

Colville are no different to the likes of Eddlewood who took 3 or 4 from Hamilton FP which caused them to fold. No fault of theirs that the club couldn't hold on to these players or attract new guys. If you run your club progressively and professionally and always make improvements then you're more likely to attract and keep hold of players. If you stagnate a bit like Bannockburn not doing much now for a few years and going backwards as a club its hard to keep hold of these internationalists.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another post giving Colville a bashing, if it's not that it's Hurlford and Shortlees. Starting to get boring now!!!

Colville are the strongest team in amateur football, which makes it easier to atract players. Why would they not strenghten in this case? I wish them all the luck, and hope that they can get through the 1st couple of rounds of the big Scottish. (As should every other amateur fan)

We had a narrow defeat to them in the West this season, they are the bechmark and we'll be looking to go one better and cause an upset next time we meet in one of the majors.

Can't believe a manager is being criticised for strengthening his team lol what should he do go f**k it il not bother strengthening the squad so the rest can catch up a bit. You look after number one and that's your own team and if any team had the chance of signing 3 amateur internationalists they would snap them up in a heartbeat.

On the paying scenario I've heard myself that their is teams supposedly paying players which is wrong. We've got a couple of boys who play for us on a Sunday and Colville on a Saturday and they swear down that colville dont pay and in fact they pay a tenner a week. They also pay their tenner on a Sunday without fail as the boys just love their football.

19 hours ago, Michael Kennedy said:

Haha gang, is that what we are referred to. We have right as a groups of players to play were we wish. We have both clubs great service and many years of success.

What are you trying to blame me for leaving Colville Park. I think you will find that was the committee decision and if you don't know the details then I suggest you know the facts first

Good sidestep Michael. Footwork is as good off the park as it I was on. No-one is denying you brought success to both clubs. Point is - both clubs are now defunct and your gang leaving both clubs in the lurch played a massive part in their eventual demise. 

As for Colville Park - another massive sidestep when Sam Cairns responded to your tirade on here with a few facts.

Maybe the fact, and I quote Sam here: " The manager (Michael) was suspended for 6 months from the club for aggressive behaviour towards management" had a bearing on the committee's decision to leave.

A few nasty rumours flying about at the time as to why you had cause to threaten the management. Perhaps you'd care to put the record straight, or maybe not...

p.s.  Don't worry if you want to perform another intricate sidestep. I'm sure your forum tag-team partner, dr lector won't be far away.

Who actually gives a Toss what he done... Colville park country club was a shithole from the changing rooms to the hospitality .... well the non hospitality I should say! 

CP elec seem to be at better place now and also dalziel is far superior to the Colville pitch which was off more than on.

more interested in who the Galacticos have lost and signed... have some went to other sides or just hung up the boots? 

Porgy you are definetly a country club member!!!

We didn't leave any clubs in the lurch we decided to move and play elsewhere, every amatuer player in the country is free to make that choice. The fact we still have very good relationship with the people that ran both clubs tells it own story.

The reason for Colville Park Fc leaving the country park had nothing to do with me what so ever it was totally down to football reasons. The committee made the decision following lengthy discussion with the board, the management requested certain stipulation be put in place and the football committee decided they couldn't work under such restrictions.

I have never threatened anyone at Colville Park, but please enlighten me with the so called rumour that I have never heard.

Why don't you concentrate on what happens with Harestanes surely that more interesting than what goes on in my life 

8 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Who actually gives a Toss what he done... Colville park country club was a shithole from the changing rooms to the hospitality .... well the non hospitality I should say! 

CP elec seem to be at better place now and also dalziel is far superior to the Colville pitch which was off more than on.

more interested in who the Galacticos have lost and signed... have some went to other sides or just hung up the boots? 

Porgy you are definetly a country club member!!!

Jamie Bradley and Wardie have retired, Burdy is away to Largs juniors mate 

9 minutes ago, Michael Kennedy said:

We didn't leave any clubs in the lurch we decided to move and play elsewhere, every amatuer player in the country is free to make that choice. The fact we still have very good relationship with the people that ran both clubs tells it own story.

The reason for Colville Park Fc leaving the country park had nothing to do with me what so ever it was totally down to football reasons. The committee made the decision following lengthy discussion with the board, the management requested certain stipulation be put in place and the football committee decided they couldn't work under such restrictions.

I have never threatened anyone at Colville Park, but please enlighten me with the so called rumour that I have never heard.

Why don't you concentrate on what happens with Harestanes surely that more interesting than what goes on in my life 

Must have totally misread Sam Cairns original post in the "Colville Park" thread on this forum where you blanked everything  including the "facts" he put on , one of which was as I quoted, you were suspended for threatening management. His words not mine.

1 minute ago, Michael Kennedy said:

I can assure you I didn't threaten anyone, so tell me why I supposedly threatened staff then ? 

Michael, believe me - I haven't the faintest idea. I saw this when you called Sam Cairns an arse on this forum and he started a topic entitled Colville Park  in response . You had the opportunity to refute his"facts" then but for reasons best known to yourself, I assume you chose not to and wished him and Colville Park CC all the best for the future. 

Put "Cairns" in the search facility at the top of the page and I'm sure you'll find it.

I was asked by the club not continue the arguement so I done as I was asked. Everyone associated with the football team know the events of what happened.

What I will say is that it has nothing whatever to do with the club leaving the country club. 

You did however state there was nasty rumours flying around at the time, I haven't heard any rumours so have you heard.

Why do you have issue with me and me ex team mates, players and Colville what your issue. Your a Harestanes fan why not concentrate on what happens at your club

Listen I don't care what Sam says about me, it has no impact on my life. I'm sure Sam and the country club have moved on from us moving away. 

Everyone has moved on, well except you.

You not want to answer what you have against us? is just because we have been successful 

Archived