I would do anything for love, but............

Romeo

As Mr Loaf said "I would do anything for love but I won't do that".

So, a few months ago I saw that Mrs Romeo was looking at tickets for a concert but it was in Edinburgh so she said she was giving it a miss. Me being the most caring and romantic husband around decided to organise a wee surprise. I bought tickets for the gig at 9am on the morning they went on sale and booked a hotel for Mrs Romeo and her friend all in it was about £250.

Unfortunately Mrs Romeo's friend is on holiday tat the time of the gig and I hadn't check before hand. When Mrs Romeo found out she of course said "That's great, you can come with me", how could I say no?

So, the upshot is, Today am heading through to Edinburgh to see.......Wet, Wet, Wet on Edinburgh castle esplanade :(

The venue is unlicensed, so no bevy and extra security means the chances of smuggling in any decent quantity of booze is slim. I will also be missing our friendly with Olympique Lyonnais :(

Kill me now...... 

How far have you gone for your significant other, should I have told Mrs Romeo to do one?  

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember telling an ex girlfriend that I quite liked Sophie Ellis Bextor, can't remember the context.
Months pass and on my birthday she gets me 2 tickets to see Bextor in concert which was at the height of her fame and about £25 each.
Didn't have the heart to tell her I probably meant Bextor was an unconventional Wid and ended up sitting through a 2 hour concert of shite noughties pop :(

The MIL stayed in the house for three months when the wife was in the hospital. Not a 'helping around the house and babysitting the grandson' kind of visit, but a 'raking through private stuff and losing the wean at the shops while doing sod all to help' exercise.

Despite being a Pastafarian, I fully expect to be canonised.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm free today if you want to meet for that beer you promised.

I'd rather bring my entire family back to life then watch them burn alive in a house fire for a second time than join you for a pint. 

Just now, Jimmy85 said:

I'd rather bring my entire family back to life then watch them burn alive in a house fire for a second time than join you for a pint. 

Your family burned to death in a house fire?

I really would like to know where this relentless hatred comes from jimmy.

Archived