Whitletts Vics Name Change

At last night's Annual General Meeting, members agreed to a motion that wil see the Club change it's name with the club will be known as Ayr Whitletts Victoria from the start of the 2018/19 season.

The reasoning behind the move was cited as recognising the fact that the Club is Ayr's only junior club while recognising the fact of the clubs' heritage which is important to everyone involved at the Club. It is also hoped that the change of name will increase the opportunity to widen the clubs' fan base throughout the town and open up additonal commercial opportunities

17 hours ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Good Luck with the new name - but ultimately, it will change little I feel.

At last night's Annual General Meeting, members agreed to a motion that wil see the Club change it's name with the club will be known as Ayr Whitletts Victoria from the start of the 2018/19 season.

The reasoning behind the move was cited as recognising the fact that the Club is Ayr's only junior club while recognising the fact of the clubs' heritage which is important to everyone involved at the Club. It is also hoped that the change of name will increase the opportunity to widen the clubs' fan base throughout the town and open up additonal commercial opportunities

Nonsense, I like the town, but if they ever really supported them they would be a serious force to be reckoned with, how many years do the Vics need to wait for them to turn up to games, best location centre of the town, still hope something might come from this!

Always be Whitletts Vics as far as I am concerned, and always a hard game, I am a Killie supporter by the way, friday was the dregs, as ma pals said to me its the Luxemburg syndrome!!

Hope WHITLETTS VICS do well this season.

Whitletts were in the Super First just a few seasons ago.

I think this is our 4th season in ADL. Had 4/5 seasons in super 1st before that

On 7/14/2017 at 18:04, hardest ned in glasgow said:

good luck to ya. God, I thought Ayr United had got an avaricious hold. Thank god they haven't.

What a bizarre comment. Oldest football club in Ayr having Ayr in our name. How could that be considered avaricious?

9 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

I would like to see them get promoted 

they try every season n make a james hunt of it 

where is ayr Victoria ? 

I'm waiting for his predictions for the ADL cos he was pretty close last season 

If you want/need more punters/sponsors you have to get out and sell the club and make better use of what you already have. Getting local schools involved, producing a program that will attract advertisers or holding car boot sales in the car park etc etc will help. Changing your name to Gorebridge Arniston Rangers won't.  

Tbf to the ones on the committee, they are doing most of that already.

They changed Prestwick Airport to Glasgow Prestwick. Didn't make any difference. There's nothing in a name change just a superficial lot of crap.Yous will still be in the bottom league next season

Cheers for the input!! Look forward to hearing more from you through the season [emoji51]

8 hours ago, Robb09 said:

If you want/need more punters/sponsors you have to get out and sell the club and make better use of what you already have. Getting local schools involved, producing a program that will attract advertisers or holding car boot sales in the car park etc etc will help. Changing your name to Gorebridge Arniston Rangers won't.  

All true but given the team no longer plays in Whitletts is a name change really that unreasonable?

5543a052970ea4ef54722a9b409b3497.jpg This is an example of what the club are trying to do.

Whitletts have been doing brilliant recently when you consider they had to take a year out in early '90s and struggled season upon season simply to stay alive. Actually surprised they have retained the Whitletts name as the area rejected them constantly remember going to a cup tie and the guy on the gate told us that with 5 mins to ko no home fan had actually yet paid to go in.

Well done to everybody running the club and best of luck with the name change hopefully it will stir some folk in Ayr to go support a club actively engaging in the community.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived