West Premier top 5

troonfan

8 minutes ago, superpollok said:

After last weeks results I thought it was a two horse race, however with KR dropping more points I think it brings Beith back in to it, they  have 7 to play, 5 v bottom half sides and as an outsider Glenafton, who have a harder group of games left.

Every week its a changing picture, we are similar to Ladeside and feeling the pain of too many draws. 

This season we have been in the lead v Girvan, Beith, Ladeside twice, Glenafton twice and of those 6 games picked up 4/18 points. Four of which were at home. 

Spot on-we also have only lost away from home once and that was down to an individual error by McGoldrick in injury time at Cumnock 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After last weeks results I thought it was a two horse race, however with KR dropping more points I think it brings Beith back in to it, they  have 7 to play, 5 v bottom half sides and as an outsider Glenafton, who have a harder group of games left.
Every week its a changing picture, we are similar to Ladeside and feeling the pain of too many draws. 
This season we have been in the lead v Girvan, Beith, Ladeside twice, Glenafton twice and of those 6 games picked up 4/18 points. Four of which were at home. 

Agree it’s not quite the two horse race that it appeared recently but I think bookies will probably still have Buffs favs. More points will definitely be dropped by all the contenders so it makes for an interesting run in.
Re silly points dropped if Beith had won half the games they ended up drawing from winning positions last year they would have won won the title looking round but that as they say - is football!

Having a little look at the fixtures,

In terms of run in Kilwinning have slightly easier of the two from what I could see!
If only there was a “top 3” remaining fixtures guide. 

No such thing as an easy run in. Clubs lower down the league will be fighting for their league status.

And that’s why I said “easier” not “easy” ....

Should I have said “a less harder” run it?! Lol 

Easier - Easy [emoji848] splitting hairs there me thinks [emoji23]
Don’t know why we are even talking about this, as it’s Aftons title [emoji847]. Oh how I wish [emoji23] ( again [emoji471]

wouldn’t write ourselves off just yet. Not playing near our best but results since losing at buffs have worked in our favour. Talbot will have a lot of games to play, which may catch up on them. If Talbot don’t get past lochee into scottish final i make them favs for league. Buffs have the points on the board but still have to play talbot i believe? Interesting run in regardless ! 

Archived