Sturgeon/Barnier Meeting

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

That's probably because you've just made it up in a desperate attempt to further deflect from the fact that your precious Brexit fantasy has already unravelled into a predictably hopeless, humiliating shambles. Unlucky. 

Console yourself with that belief if you like. Brexit is hardly unravelling. Negotiations have just started so it's hardly unravelling.

The only thing that's humiliating is your hope that it all goes horribly wrong and the opponents of Brexit desperately searching for any shreds of evidence to back their doomesday predictions and then getting all googly eyed and apoplectic about it.....like you do, constantly, tediously, embarrassingly.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, zidane's child said:

Yeah I think a lot of people still think we have the British Empire and manufacture goods that markets all over the world want. 

Sadly we don't anymore. A return to "the good old day" isn't happening anytime soon.

I disagree. I can't imagine anyone thinking like that.......And it's not sad we don't have an Empire. That's a good thing.

What we will have is the freedom to engage with the world in a way that isn't possible now. 

23 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Console yourself with that belief if you like. Brexit is hardly unravelling. Negotiations have just started so it's hardly unravelling.

The only thing that's humiliating is your hope that it all goes horribly wrong and the opponents of Brexit desperately searching for any shreds of evidence to back their doomesday predictions and then getting all googly eyed and apoplectic about it.....like you do, constantly, tediously, embarrassingly.

There are more pointers to the doomsday scenario than the opposite.

You've been asked before to show us the positives - beyond vague sound bites and dewy eyed longing, yet none ever appear.

I imagine that most here would quite happily be wrong.  If Brexit turns out bad then it's bad for all of us.  Our families, our jobs and futures.  We are inflicting that on the next generations too.  What is happening is far, far more important than individuals being right or wrong.

So when asked for tangible, realistic reasons as to why Brexit will be good and how, the how is hugely important, it is a very reasonable request.

All we get is "Remoaners", "hold your nerve", "swings and roundabouts", "get behind it", "accept it", "work constructively", "some shite about hammers."

It takes vacuousness to new levels and people are absolutely correct to be angry that they are expected to shuffle off and stop with the questions.

I can consider that Brexit can work, I hope it does.  There is not one single reason to believe that our society will be, on the whole, better off though.  This is still the fundamental issue that the Brexit side skirt.  Until there is, the remain side have a moral duty to put pressure on the other side to deliver it, because they said they would, they wanted that responsibility and it's a huge responsibility.

The best we're getting right now is that it is somehow the EU's and the remain side's fault that things are not progressing swimmingly.  Nothing to do with us....gov.

Archived