C**** on Holiday

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind bumping into Scots abroad. Met a lad in Essaouira a couple of years ago just seeing North Africa. He was from Dumfries and Shite at pool,but nice enough. f**k staying in that place ever again though.

4 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Plenty on here want a return to the old days where only the middle classes could afford foreign travel and they could enjoy the exclusivity of a holiday abroad without having to rub shoulders with the oiks it seems.

It's easy enough for the working classes and everyone else to avoid the oiks, they tend to congregate in very few places.

45 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Where's that video I saw on here once...

I don't think this is the one but you get the gist

Right, I've got my passport, boarding pass, Euros, ah shite, I forgot to pack my YCV flag!

Guest Pampered Adolescent

When c***s recognise the accent, and insist that you support one of the Old Firm(*):

c**t: You're from Scotland.

Me: Yeah.

c**t: What team do you support?

Me: Motherwell.

c**t: Motherwell?

Me: Yeah.

c**t: But, you must also support one of the Old Firm(*)?

Me: No.

c**t: But you must? Which one?

Me: (walking away....)

(*)  Of course, the c**t doesn't know the oddity that we can have an 'Old Firm' with one club just five years old.....

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Plenty on here want a return to the old days where only the middle classes could afford foreign travel and they could enjoy the exclusivity of a holiday abroad without having to rub shoulders with the oiks it seems.

Poor behaviour does not follow class boundaries. I've seen plenty of obnoxious tourists in my time, and many of them I imagine would consider themselves 'middle class.'

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Where's that video I saw on here once...

I don't think this is the one but you get the gist

Good to see the world is now getting to experience our nations warmth, charm, forward thinking, modern, inclusiveness character now on their very own doorstep. 

When you go on a package holiday to Cancun do you go out and about to Aztec pyramids or is it exactly the same poolside & lagers package holiday you could be on in Europe?

You can go on day trips to visit the Mayan pyramids and that. Chichenitza is the place. A trip there on a Thomas Cook holiday is 99usd for an adult. They run them on a Saturday. It's 2.5 hours from cancun each way.
I am not going because I can't cope with the heat and apparently it is busy as f**k.
Coba Mayan adventure is 130 clams and runs daily. Climb pyramids, go snorkeling and drive a quad through the jungle.
Tulum is a archaeological site that you can go to on Thursday for 89 bucks.

I haven't been to Cancun but I understand that as Kneetrembler notes above; it's comparatively easy to go to the pyramids as a day trip and many people do.

On a similar note; I once had a colleague who went (from Denver) to New Zealand for a holiday. I had fond memories of the place so started to give her some recommendations of things to see and do. She cut me off though by saying "Oh, it's OK. The resort has everything you need so there's no reason to leave."  Mmkay, and you're flying half way round the world because...?

Archived