C**** on Holiday

18 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I've written before about how the military are worshiped to an unhealthy degree here. You'll see guys strutting around wearing baseball caps with the name of a battleship on them, or 'Vietnam Veteran' and the like and almost everyone feels the need to tell them 'Thank you for your service', which is of course, what they're after. If they're in uniform; people will pick up their tabs in restaurants, bring their kids over to shake their hands and if they walk into a bar, you can actually hear the sound of women's underwear falling to the floor.

For some reason the other week came across a series of YouTube videos "What would you do?" which focuses on American's being put in a situation and showing their reaction. 

Almost all that I have watched have featured ex military being short of money and someone stepping into help, or a military person stopping a form of racial abuse. 

Whilst I think it is good to respect those in the armed forces, can't help but feel they just go about 100 extra steps. 

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure this has been said before but I don't see that many people being c***s on holiday because I don't go places that there are numerous c***s.
the place I've been to most in terms of a touristy place is Cyprus and everywhere I've gone has been fine.  I've not been to Ayia Napa but I know I wouldn't enjoy that so I'll leave it to people who do.

ICT Chris goes to Faliraki twice a year and complains angrily to the locals when he can't watch Gillette Soccer Saturday, drink Tennents and eat a full Scottish breakfast (not necessarily in that order).

1 hour ago, printer said:

The biggest plane c*nts are the flight companies themselves who can't put in place a simple, efficient process for boarding planes.

They come up with all sorts of pointless shit, like "gold cardholders can board first" which simply means that said gold card holding c*nts block eryone else from getting to their seats quickly because they are standing in the aisle still stuffing their hand luggage (which is invariably way over the recommended size) into the overhead lockers.

Why oh why can they enforce a board by seat row process? I don't mean by groups of seats, that just tickles the congestion problem and makes it more frustrating, I mean by row. Call them out one by o e starting with the back one. Anyone who then tries to jump the queue is hauled off the flight, no questions asked and no second chances.

More of a business travel than holiday thing, but still. Grrrr! emoji34.pngemoji34.pngemoji34.png

I never get why folk rush to get on the plane. I'll just sit and read my book, booze away or listen to stuff until all the great unwashed are out of the way then saunter on. We're not going to get there any quicker. 

Ha! That brings up a slightly off-topic memory from when I worked in bank back in the 1980's. If you bought traveller's cheques (ask your parents) from us, it included travel insurance for children if they were travelling with a parent. I had to explain to one customer that even though she was going on holiday with her mother, she didn't qualify because she was in her fifties and therefore, not a child. When she first asked; I thought she was just having some fun with the idea but no, she was deadly serious. Talked about getting a solicitor onto us and everything. 

I've actually had the same argument with someone in my job over that.

Explaining their 30 year old son still qualifies because he was financially dependent (unemployed) and unmarried.

The documents said he needed to pay after 18 no matter the circumstances.

Fucking lunatics.

17 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Ha! That brings up a slightly off-topic memory from when I worked in bank back in the 1980's. If you bought traveller's cheques (ask your parents) from us, 

I would add "c***s who still want to use travellers cheques" to the list but I'm not sure any of those people still exist.  

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

ICT Chris goes to Faliraki twice a year and complains angrily to the locals when he can't watch Gillette Soccer Saturday, drink Tennents and eat a full Scottish breakfast (not necessarily in that order).

wearing a pair of Lonsdale shorts.

Another vote for the seat recliners and the Russians.I spent most of the flight to Barbados punching and kicking the headrest when the c**t started dozing  off.last year in kos youngest daughter came back to our table crying that a guy had pushed her out way in buffet que.I got up to tell him only to be confronted by a dolph lundgren type so I done what every other would have done and sat back down.But I did (accidentally) elbow his fat sons head in the elelvator next morning.☺

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

Rather than learn a foreign language ICTChris likes to shout loudly and clearly in English and gets frustrated when locals don't understand him.

Throbber got in an argument with a German holidaymaker over a towel on a lounger and started shouting "IF IT WASN'T FOR THE ENGLISH YOU'D BE KRAUTS AT HIM".  He then fell over and his wife refused to speak to him for three days of the holiday.

ICT Chris went on an all inclusive holiday to Tenerife but failed to understand that the all inclusive offer only applied to the hotel he was staying in and not the entire island and ended up £2000 in debt.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

ICT Chris went on an all inclusive holiday to Tenerife but failed to understand that the all inclusive offer only applied to the hotel he was staying in and not the entire island and ended up £2000 in debt.

At least he managed to catch the bus to the resort. 

44 minutes ago, The OP said:

It's funny how everyone I speak to considers seat recliners to be c***s and yet planes are always full of them. 

There should be a protocol for seat reclining - and maybe a dragons den opportunity is a lock/machine type gizmo so that the airline staff can enforce it, rather than passengers getting needlessly frustrated with each other.

Seats should NEVER be reclined during take-off, landing, meal times, any flight less than three hours.

On long-haul/ overnight flights - and all the meal stuff is over, it's more acceptable.

~~~~~

Also as neddish as many UK holidaymakers can be, they seem to get the concept of queuing without too many problems.  Holidaymakers from certain countries just don't seem to grasp this at all - with Russian tourists, who seem to be 80% the spawn of hood gangs, taking deliberate ambivalence of this to a new level.  They are c**ts, who found capitalism, and believed that acting a c**t is the way to embrace it. 

Bring back the iron curtain......

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It really drove it home to me what a dozy wee mutant you are. 

It wasn't me being dozy, it was my girlfriends fault and i was distracted at it being my 30th birthday so my head wasn't right at the time. 

There were Russkies at the hotel I was in at Cancun. The boys used to empty peoples sun loungers then put them into the shallow pool for their bimbo girlfriends to lie on. There was a couple that got married at a little gazebo just across from our balcony. As they were being congratulated by some people a couple of the bimbos approached them with a camera, they handed them the camera then demanded that the couple took a photograph of the pair of them. Quite possibly the worst people that I have ever seen on holiday.

Anyhoo. Surprised that nobody appears to have mentioned the fact that the riffraff now can pay a little extra to get access to the executive lounges. Uncivilised c***s the lot of them.

6 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

What's the protocol for just moving folks towels? Haven't really been on that sort of a holiday since I was a kid but surely as long as you don't throw them on the floor or they have just got up to go to the bar or something then it's fair game?

the place I am at the now has a 60 minute towel/sunbed policy. if you leave a towel on a sunbed unattended for more than an hour it gets hooked aff by the pool staff.

4 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I've never understood the concept of going on holiday and lying on a lounger to get cooked by the sun until you look like Jimmy Calderwood.
I'd be bored after 15 seconds.

me either, and I have been on loads. I have been in Cancun for more than a week it is actually a very expensive endurance test. bored is not even close. My wife like to get a tan and read books in the sun, so I come along and stay in the room watching films. this is the worst so far because I cant get to pittodrie on Thursday.

Love hurts.

Archived