C**** on Holiday

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't know where to post this but I'm away to New York/Connecticut on holiday tomorrow for the next two weeks so I might still post on here but probably not. 
Bye, 
[mention=72031]MARYHILLISWONDERFUL[/mention]

Ya c**t, how many times you saying bye? f**k off.

Just angry there's no pics of this bird Mary Hill.

Sorry but tipping is just a shit way of businesses not paying their staff.

Pay the staff, charge higher prices - if I want to then give a tip I will.

What I really hate about tipping is that in the US it's almost obligatory even if you've had shit awful service.

I agree. But the point is that you're not going to chance the US system by not tipping while there.

My gripe is American tourists being told they don't have to tip over here. Worked in a posh golfing hotel in Nairn and got f**k all from the Yanks, only tips were from people who seemed like they'd saved up for a while for a special occasion.

[emoji23]

Was in Portugal in a smallish hotel and was really pissed off at coming down to towels on the best sunbeds every day and the b*****ds (sorry c***s) sometimes didn't trap at all that day.  Got pissed one night and took them all off and left them in a big pile.  An old guy on a verandah sitting having a beer raised his glass to me.  I didn't have my specs on so couldn't make out who he was...kept a low profile for a couple of days in case I moved his towel.

My step-dad got so pissed off one holiday with folks (OK Germans and English) leaving their towels out early ie just before they went to bed, he got up early around 6 am and dumped all their towels in the pool. 

He said they went nuts the next day but that the resort did nothing except have security staff checking no-one had towels on loungers during the night!!

Problem solved,!!

53 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Think thats a typical thing in many places, rich people tend to be mean as fcuk with tips whereas normal folks are more generous.

That's why they're rich...

My gripe is American tourists being told they don't have to tip over here. Worked in a posh golfing hotel in Nairn and got f**k all from the Yanks, only tips were from people who seemed like they'd saved up for a while for a special occasion.

Americans customarily tip 20% in their own country because their minimum wage laws are often backward and can often leave servers, bar staff etc. earning £3 an hour without them. They likely don't tip much over here because the basic wages are much, much higher. By the same token, Europeans are notoriously terrible tippers in the US context because they don't bear in mind that it forms a major chunk of an employee's income. I'd say that your gripe about Americans is groundless then.

Your griping is generally groundless in my book anyway, as roles where tipping is customary or regular are a privileged fraction of the job market. Complaining because you didn't get even more money than the cleaners or a janitor on a given night isn't gaining any sympathy from me tbh.

I have been to east Asia and can confirm that the Russians are the worst.

I agree. But the point is that you're not going to chance the US system by not tipping while there.

The wife and I had lunch a few years back in a cafe in Verona and witnessed a dour, Russian c**t complain loudly about his portion size.
The Manager dealt politely with him and a mound of pasta that would have choked a horse was produced, along with two very mean looking waiters who stood in attendance until the blowhard had finished it. By that point it had become a spectator sport for everyone but his poor wife.

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The wife and I had lunch a few years back in a cafe in Verona and witnessed a dour, Russian c**t complain loudly about his portion size.
The Manager dealt politely with him and a mound of pasta that would have choked a horse was produced, along with two very mean looking waiters who stood in attendance until the blowhard had finished it. By that point it had become a spectator sport for everyone but his poor wife.

There was much to be said for the Iron Curtain.

Having not seen or heard another Scot for about a month we queue for our transfer in Newark to Edinburgh. I point out to my other half how you can tell where this plane is going, namely because the family in front are decked out head to toe in BIG BRAND NAMES and just look like mad bams. This is the red eye and they are in front of us on the plane too, the maw and two kids, i have the youngest infront of me, a boy who can't be more than 10 and is tiny. Being 6'4 I really don't want the seat in front reclined but this kid sets about full recline into my knees,it physically can't go back because of my knees. After some time he turns round and I say "yeah that's my knees your hitting against, it won't really go back". Bammy maw turns round and says "aye we've paid for the seat", while I contemplate what fucking difference that makes to my heights and the current situation she turns and  explains to this kid "you dae whit yae want son, we've paid for that seat, you can dae whit yae want". What an example. What a c**t.

2 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Having not seen or heard another Scot for about a month we queue for our transfer in Newark to Edinburgh. I point out to my other half how you can tell where this plane is going, namely because the family in front are decked out head to toe in BIG BRAND NAMES and just look like mad bams. This is the red eye and they are in front of us on the plane too, the maw and two kids, i have the youngest infront of me, a boy who can't be more than 10 and is tiny. Being 6'4 I really don't want the seat in front reclined but this kid sets about full recline into my knees,it physically can't go back because of my knees. After some time he turns round and I say "yeah that's my knees your hitting against, it won't really go back". Bammy maw turns round and says "aye we've paid for the seat", while I contemplate what fucking difference that makes to my heights and the current situation she turns and  explains to this kid "you dae whit yae want son, we've paid for that seat, you can dae whit yae want". What an example. What a c**t.

should have swapped seats so you sat behind the bammy cow then spent the full flight kicking her seat claiming that you have tourettes and because you are in the seat you paid for there is f**k all the gobby cow can do about it

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Got asked the infamous "Celtic or Rangers" question last night in Lagos :lol: The guy actually seemed excited I said neither.

I got this in Brooklyn. The guy was sitting next to me at the bar, so I had no escape either. I was f-cked if I was moving: I had the best seat in a nice pub, and it was cup final day, and also the final day of the Spanish league - the year Atletico drew and won the league. I was settled, and my brother in law had recommended the place to me, advising that if I dropped a few healthy tips early doors, then the bar staff would keep putting free salt and chilli wings on front of me.

While I still had a lovely day, it was very slightly ruined by half an hour of this dimwit sitting next to me. His opening gambit, before realising I was Scottish, was explaining an offside call. He also ordered french toast, covered it in maple syrup, then tipped his other plate of scrambled eggs on top of it. My disdain for him was pretty full-on at this point. I tried to be nice and asked him about the American sports teams nearby and who he followed. He claimed to only like "soccer". He had a little goatee beard.
He looked genuinely confused when I said "Neither - Aberdeen" to his Celtic/Rangers query.

I was glad when he left.

On the plus side, I had the best bloody mary, by a considerable margin, that I've ever had there. I also had some deep-fried oysters with a chilli and lemon mayonnaise dip that nearly made me spunk.

Archived