C**** on Holiday

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

People who stand right at the luggage carousel as soon as they get there blocking the way. Arseholes, every one of them. Stand back a few feet and move in when you see your case, which means everyone can get in and out when they need too. These people are absolute fucking arseholes and I'm angry even thinking about it now.

This, absolutely. ^^^

2 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

People who get their luggage wrapped in cellophane before they go on the flight, saw someone turn up at check in before doing this and was told his bag was too heavy, the thought of him wasting £12 getting this done made me laugh.

I am probably going to show my ignorance here but why do they actually do that? We were on holiday last week and I saw 2 or 3 bags come off the carousel wrapped. What does it achieve? Is it some sort of cushioning or is it to make them harder to get into? Presumably Customs still cut their way in if they feel the need? I generally don't even bother locking mine.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I suppose we should lump in c***s in Airports in this thread. The seethe I get when people in airports dont do the very basics, like take their belt off before the guy at the scanner says "you got a belt on?"

I flew last week for the first time since 2008. Had no idea I needed to take my belt off. Had to go back through the scanner. Sorry! :(

28 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I have found with Ryanair in recent years that if they know they will have too much hand luggage they will put it in the holdall for free. Which brings us on to another point, the absolute fucking huff some people will go into because they have to part case with their hand luggage that they won't be bloody opening anyway. 

Had to give mine over both directions last week due to the size of the plane which is only the second time that's ever happened to me. Wasn't particularly a big deal but it did catch me completely off guard first time as I wasn't expecting it. Nobody mentioned it until we actually got the flight steps. My bag had all the kids medicines in it so I had to quickly switch them over to one of their rucksacks which weren't required to go in the hold in case they needed any on the flight. My bag also had all the foreign cash in it which I'd rather hadn't been removed from my sight but I wasn't overly bothered about it.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish people abroad that must make conversation with anyone else that's Scottish.

There's absolutely no reason for this.  Do these same people try to start up a banal conversation with you in Glasgow Central, asking where you're from, where you're currently heading, where have you been so far, have you been to Glasgow before, if you're travelling by yourself, if you have kids, if you think Brexit is a good idea, etc etc

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

People in being awful surprised that after flying hundreds of miles, they bump into someone from the same country despite the fact they've just been on a plane loads of people travelling from the same country shocker.

People are idiots.

"You live in Aberdeen?  Ha, my husband's from Aberdeen."

Which part?

" Well... Huntly"

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I am probably going to show my ignorance here but why do they actually do that? We were on holiday last week and I saw 2 or 3 bags come off the carousel wrapped. What does it achieve? Is it some sort of cushioning or is it to make them harder to get into? Presumably Customs still cut their way in if they feel the need? I generally don't even bother locking mine.

First I seen it done was when I was in South Africa and it was advertised as a security measure to prevent thieves from breaking in and stealing your stuff. To my mind it simply made it more likely that folk would steal your stuff because clearly if you have that done you have something worth taking. I didn't bother and no one stole my stuff, though the value was negligible anyway.

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Scottish people abroad that must make conversation with anyone else that's Scottish.

There's absolutely no reason for this.  Do these same people try to start up a banal conversation with you in Glasgow Central, asking where you're from, where you're currently heading, where have you been so far, have you been to Glasgow before, if you're travelling by yourself, if you have kids, if you think Brexit is a good idea, etc etc

I can be bad for that if I bump into anyone from the ol' country when I am out and about over here. I am a c**t though so this behaviour should surprise no one.

Almost got wiped out by a bottle of vodka that someone dropped from the cabin luggage, they came from 3 seats back, pushed their way up the isle to get their stuff. Couldn't have been any closer without landing right on my head. First time i think I've never accepted anyone's apology and just looked at them with disgust.

I'll add c***s that stab/punch the touchscreens mounted in the back of your seat, modern touchscreens are pretty responsive these days!  I had a weegie boy playing a poker game and i put up with constant jabbing on the back of my seat for a good 30 minutes before saying "Sorry mate, each time you're pressing the screen its moving my seat" so he replies "aye???? does it aye? haha" and keeps doing it. The more he drank the worse it got before i turned round and tell him again which improved matters until he got more pissed. Return journey.....guess what? same seats same person!! same cuntish behaviour!

22 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've pretended I'm Russian before. 1. Makes them wary of you and leave you alone and 2. Gives you license to be a c**t, it's expected.

20 minutes ago, Ross. said:

First I seen it done was when I was in South Africa and it was advertised as a security measure to prevent thieves from breaking in and stealing your stuff. To my mind it simply made it more likely that folk would steal your stuff because clearly if you have that done you have something worth taking. I didn't bother and no one stole my stuff, though the value was negligible anyway.

Very common in the whole of africa,however i will say the bag "theivery" by the baggage handlers is pretty rare nowadays.In the early 90s working in africa resulted in me arriving home with nothing in the bag a couple of times they would just empty it,but i never put any valuables in it was just old crappy work clothes

26 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

c***s who go all inclusive and drink from breakfast until closing for 10 days, just because they've paid for it. No-one enjoys that amount of cheap lager 

I was at an AI in Palma Nova a few years ago.

The restaurant staff had forgotten to switch off the wine font from last night's dinner and some parents were happy that their kids had managed to get Ribena, half past nine in the morning and six of the little brats were fucked on the vino tinto.

Been reading through, turns out i'm a c**t. Who knew? (Well, my wife does) i always wear football tops on holiday, just something i feel more comfortable in, i'm not making a statement (hardly likely to with a raith rovers top on[emoji23])

I was also in tenerife in april and sparked up a conversation with a guy that had a st mirren tatoo.

In terms of beach resort folks trips, here are the type of people I consider c***s

-Parents who let their kids run feral on resorts while they get shittered.

.-People who treat the hotel staff and wait staff like shit.  Was at a resort in Cuba a few years ago and some woman was snapping her fingers at the bartenders and generally treating him as a slave.  Was ashamed to find out she was also Canadian, not all of us are nice people.

-As previously mentioned, people who put their towels on the prime loungers first thing in the morning and then don't come back until later.  I know Germans are supposed to be the worst offenders but these c***s speak all languages.

-Queue jumpers at the buffet line

c***s who go all inclusive and drink from breakfast until closing for 10 days, just because they've paid for it. No-one enjoys that amount of cheap lager 

f**k off. Aye, I do. Doing it wrong anyway, start with cocktails (helps take the edge the hangover), then back on the lagers about lunch time, move back to cocktails once you get a bit bloated then on to the spirits.
ITS WHAT HOLIDAYS ARE FOR.

4 hours ago, Northboy said:

C***s who spend their whole time posting on facebook about how they're on holiday.

After reading this; I went back and checked the FB page of a couple I know who happen to be in Benidorm right now. They go 2-3 times a year but once there, do nothing but take and post selfies. They've been there for 4 days and she's posted 11 updates; all variations of "Here's us getting hammered. Brilliant!" 

3 hours ago, List_of_Jericho said:

The "obligatory Facebook post with a pint and fruit cider at the airport" trend does my box in as well.

This is a trend that completely baffles me. OK, lots of trends completely baffle me but this one more than many others. Why, oh why did this start and who is responsible? Alright, you're going on holiday and you're drinking at 6am. Good for you. But what makes you think anyone wants to see a photo of what you're drinking? Who the f**k logs into Facebook and thinks "Ooh, Dave's posted a photo of a pint of lager. He's at the airport! I look forward to seeing lots more pictures of pints of lager over the next two weeks."?  

6 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

c***s who go abroad and moan about foreign food and not being able to get a Sunday roast.

It's many, many years since i was last on a package holiday but I used to get a kick out of the people who would go to Spain (for example) and on their first morning seek out a pub selling sausage, egg and chips, then complain that "It's not as good as at home. Eeeeuw, foreign food. It's not for me."

6 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

f**k off. Aye, I do. Doing it wrong anyway, start with cocktails (helps take the edge the hangover), then back on the lagers about lunch time, move back to cocktails once you get a bit bloated then on to the spirits.
ITS WHAT HOLIDAYS ARE FOR.

That's absolutely fine because if you're all inclusive there's no booze in those cocktails.

The biggest plane c*nts are the flight companies themselves who can't put in place a simple, efficient process for boarding planes.

They come up with all sorts of pointless shit, like "gold cardholders can board first" which simply means that said gold card holding c*nts block eryone else from getting to their seats quickly because they are standing in the aisle still stuffing their hand luggage (which is invariably way over the recommended size) into the overhead lockers.

Why oh why can they enforce a board by seat row process? I don't mean by groups of seats, that just tickles the congestion problem and makes it more frustrating, I mean by row. Call them out one by o e starting with the back one. Anyone who then tries to jump the queue is hauled off the flight, no questions asked and no second chances.

More of a business travel than holiday thing, but still. Grrrr! [emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

Archived