C**** on Holiday

3 hours ago, Dosser-fae-the-shire said:

c***s who get up at 6am to put towels down then don't come down to the pool til lunchtime.

I went to Crete about 15 years ago and when people did this at the hotel I was staying at, the Greek guy who ran the pool bar would either chuck the towels in the pool or in the freezer. Holiday head's gone everywhere.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Also since we're talking about planes, people who recline their seats should be beaten with pipes.

Heading to Bali last year the first leg of our flight was Zürich to Doha. Boy directly in front of me had opened his duty free and was sitting with a glass of red wine on the wee fold down table. Lassie in that seat decides to recline it and the red wine spills everywhere. I'm assuming the boy was either sleeping or half cut but got a helluva fright(As well as soaked) and his reflex was just to swing a hand at the offending party. Caught the lassie on the side of the head I think. Nearly caused a riot, with the flight attendants more pissed off at him having opened a bottle of wine than the fact he skelped another passenger.

I suppose we should lump in c***s in Airports in this thread. The seethe I get when people in airports dont do the very basics, like take their belt off before the guy at the scanner says "you got a belt on?"

I'm a relatively regular traveller and went through Edinburgh Airport with my belt on the at the weekend.

Scanner didn't make a sound.

There was an old guy sat next to my Mum on a flight to Menorca a few weeks ago, who decided it would be perfectly acceptable to pick all the flaky skin off his arm and brush it over her. It was like something from Alan Partridge.

Also: Grown men wearing football shirts to restaurants, topless fatties (either gender), people wearing knock off England tops (we get it, you voted Brexit, move on) and old people who seem to think they have a right to queue jump anywhere. An old woman jumped me as I was waiting to go through the metal detector at Mahon Airport, and the hero of a guard guy told her to get to the back of the queue. She was absolutely seething, and muttered something about "no respect".

Oh aye, and Russians. Went to a hotel in Barcelona a few years ago that was full of them, and it was a nightmare. They used to body people out of the way in the supermarket queue.

6 minutes ago, Paco said:

I'm a relatively regular traveller and went through Edinburgh Airport with my belt on the at the weekend.

Metal clasp?

What's the protocol for just moving folks towels? Haven't really been on that sort of a holiday since I was a kid but surely as long as you don't throw them on the floor or they have just got up to go to the bar or something then it's fair game?

Just chuck them on another lounger. I've done it on my last couple of holidays. Worst I got was some muttering and a dirty look. Maybe I've just been lucky but claiming loungers and then going back to bed is unacceptable.
I'll probably get my cu*t kicked in by an angry russian/german at some point.

First and foremost, awaiting to board the plane. You are allocated a seat, unless you have fast track, why start queuing from the off. Just sit down and wait to be called. It won't take off without you unless you are a complete imbecile and miss your call whilst guzzling down pints in departures.

A few folk have mentioned the Russians, who yes are complete twats, but I am going to make a suggestion that the Japanese are equally as infuriating. Went to Prague last year, and up the clock tower (ooo er) whilst slowly making our way round, as there was plenty of folk up there, had three Japanese tourists just push by. Eventually got the elbows out to stop anymore of this arsehole behaviour. 

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

First and foremost, awaiting to board the plane. You are allocated a seat, unless you have fast track, why start queuing from the off. Just sit down and wait to be called. It won't take off without you unless you are a complete imbecile and miss your call whilst guzzling down pints in departures.

I'd encourage everyone to start queuing as early as possible. Empties the bar and tells you when to stroll through the gate.

Absolute worst c**t family last year, their son ran down early morning EVERY morning and hired the table tennis bats and balls from reception at the hotel, and kept them all day and most of the night and returned them at about midnight even though they'd only play sporadically throughout the day.

I took the net.

11 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

On Ryanair etc. they only have room for about 90 cabin bags, whereas there's about 180ish seats. That's probably the main reason people pay for "priority" boarding, or queue early, as opposed to sitting for a bit longer and maybe having to wait at baggage reclaim for your hand luggage, depending on where you're flying.

I have a metal crown set off the machine at Newcastle airport on way to Antalya in Turkey, on way home from Antalya went through the machine there, nothing

7 minutes ago, deej said:

On Ryanair etc. they only have room for about 90 cabin bags, whereas there's about 180ish seats. That's probably the main reason people pay for "priority" boarding, or queue early, as opposed to sitting for a bit longer and maybe having to wait at baggage reclaim for your hand luggage, depending on where you're flying.

I have found with Ryanair in recent years that if they know they will have too much hand luggage they will put it in the holdall for free. Which brings us on to another point, the absolute fucking huff some people will go into because they have to part case with their hand luggage that they won't be bloody opening anyway. 

Just now, LondonHMFC said:

I have found with Ryanair in recent years that if they know they will have too much hand luggage they will put it in the holdall for free. Which brings us on to another point, the absolute fucking huff some people will go into because they have to part case with their hand luggage that they won't be bloody opening anyway. 

Yeah, first 90 go in the cabin, the rest go in the hold for free. I'd rather not put it in the hold as it'll generally take much longer to pick up when we land. Though if we're going somewhere where we're taking a hold case anyway then we'll usually volunteer our cabin bags when they ask, seeing as we'll be at baggage reclaim anyway. 

Some of the hissy fits are tremendous when people don't understand they have to part with the case though. 

Absolute worst c**t family last year, their son ran down early morning EVERY morning and hired the table tennis bats and balls from reception at the hotel, and kept them all day and most of the night and returned them at about midnight even though they'd only play sporadically throughout the day.

I took the net.

Had a family like that in our hotel where the 2 kids did it with pool cues.

Hotel manager had to start refusing their requests because other guests were complaining that much.

18 minutes ago, deej said:

My bag's usually small enough to shove under the seat in front, which doesn't bother me if the flight's only 2 or 3 hours.

Just now, deej said:

Yeah, first 90 go in the cabin, the rest go in the hold for free. I'd rather not put it in the hold as it'll generally take much longer to pick up when we land. Though if we're going somewhere where we're taking a hold case anyway then we'll usually volunteer our cabin bags when they ask, seeing as we'll be at baggage reclaim anyway. 

Some of the hissy fits are tremendous when people don't understand they have to part with the case though. 

Oh yeah, that I can understand. As you say though, if you have already checked items in, going to make no difference if it goes in. 

Coming back from Dusseldorf a couple years back, had the announcement come over that they would need people to volunteer to put their bags away. Obviously no one put their hands up, so they just came through tagging bags up and shifting them on. Had one lady take such a tantrum, she went round with the girl tagging bags and made sure that all bags of a similar size to hers were tagged. 

Archived