21 hours ago, evh78 said:

Looking forward to this one, very curious to see what kind of team they will raise for the one game. Lochmaben favourites to go through?

Did last year's equivalent, Fleet Star, not actually win their first tie or at least run someone pretty close? Never can tell with a scratch XI.

23 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Wigtown played a young Galloway Thistle side last week.
Play Creetown next Wednesday at Blairmount.

Might be a good idea if they booked the pitch first. My boys have played at Blairmount every  Wed 7 till 8-30  since it opened only swapping when Newton Stewart is at home. We have not been notified of any change. False news rides again!  

Might be a good idea if they booked the pitch first. My boys have played at Blairmount every  Wed 7 till 8-30  since it opened only swapping when Newton Stewart is at home. We have not been notified of any change. False news rides again!  

Don’t shoot the messenger.

• 1 month later...

After it was Off due to snow cover on the Newton Stewart 3G on 20th January, it's the second attempt at Wigtown v Lochmaben this Saturday, 10th Feb.

I'll be making the public-transport trek down from the North East and back again in a day :wacko: and I've got a mate driving up & back in a day from deepest Englandshire.

Any snow-cover risk again?

Same as last time there's a Friday night Newton Stewart FC game on it as a useful indicator of whether all should be good for the Saturday.

Thanks in advance for any status updates from  anybody local.

Looking forward to it.

6 hours ago, LeedsPhil said:

After it was Off due to snow cover on the Newton Stewart 3G on 20th January, it's the second attempt at Wigtown v Lochmaben this Saturday, 10th Feb.

I'll be making the public-transport trek down from the North East and back again in a day :wacko: and I've got a mate driving up & back in a day from deepest Englandshire.

Any snow-cover risk again?

Same as last time there's a Friday night Newton Stewart FC game on it as a useful indicator of whether all should be good for the Saturday.

Thanks in advance for any status updates from  anybody local.

Looking forward to it.

Blairmount has cleared of snow in the past hour. Going by the forecast Newton game should be on and also Wigtown. 

3 minutes ago, Psychotic Reaction said:

Meaning where exactly......you'll need to back this up with a name AML67....this is social media, you can't just come on wae scurrilous accusations ...

Let’s just say PS that ‘local’ will be within a ten mile radius if you’re catching my drift 

Friday update please - I'm hearing Ayrshire has been hit by snow with Saturday's matches there being unlikely to survive. All OK further south in Newton Stewart ?

And if somebody could post on here on Saturday morning too, I'd appreciate it - always a risk that conditions could be OK today but change overnight.

Thanks everybody.

24 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

Friday update please - I'm hearing Ayrshire has been hit by snow with Saturday's matches there being unlikely to survive. All OK further south in Newton Stewart ?

And if somebody could post on here on Saturday morning too, I'd appreciate it - always a risk that conditions could be OK today but change overnight.

Thanks everybody.

Shouldn’t be any problems I don’t think

Thanks everybody.

Newton game went ahead tonight so unless something extreme happens overnight you’ll have a game to watch.
Best of luck with your journey.