Cotter shettleston

Js1982

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit I've never heard of a manager getting a job contingent on his ability to bring in finance to any club. He should be there first and foremost to manage the team - if he's able through contacts to bring in additional sponsors then happy days, but I've never heard of it being an essential prerequisite of being deemed a success...

Clubs certainly should not be asking the manager to finance the playing side of things. That's what the committee is for - making the manager responsible for the financial side of things is madness, what happens if he quits half way through the season and the finance goes with him for example.

The committee should be worrying about the pounds and pence and giving the manager a budget to work to, the manager then spends his budget as he sees fit and looks to put a decent squad together within the constraints given.

A manger should only be worrying about the finance if he's on the committee or is looking to improve the squad and hoping to wangle some extra cash from the committee.

Just now, lang said:

What a load of tripe. A managers job is to manage, not bring in funds,its up to the club to supply the finance

The job was offered on those terms and grabbed by both parties Fallons and cotter shouldn't have taken it if they couldn't fulfil it. Simple really. 

Just now, the town said:

The job was offered on those terms and grabbed by both parties Fallons and cotter shouldn't have taken it if they couldn't fulfil it. Simple really. 

No wonder then that your club appears to be the Titanic and the Iceberg is dead ahead. Without a separation of powers within the club you effectively put all of the clubs resources in the hands of one man and as we've seen over the years that never ends well.

2 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Must admit I've never heard of a manager getting a job contingent on his ability to bring in finance to any club. He should be there first and foremost to manage the team - if he's able through contacts to bring in additional sponsors then happy days, but I've never heard of it being an essential prerequisite of being deemed a success...

You've heard of it now they knew what they were getting from the off and they are ones who caused this situation no one to blame but themselves so shouldn't be on here griping about it. And to be fair to Fallons who I met and liked good people they walked away with some dignity saying thanks for the opportunity. My mates on committee so I'm hearing it from right source.

So when cotter and the fallons got interviewed for the job they were told the jobs yours as long as you can find sponsorship n bring money to the club? If not then just walk back out the door basically? Sounds a smashing set up you have got going on there.

55 minutes ago, the town said:

You are all good at making comments on stuff you know nothing about facts are when kelly quit he did what he thought was right in bringing in weatherson and Mcstay fact is it turned out bad because of the overspeoverspend as they came in promising a lot for very little and the opposite was what he got. 

The Fallons I know and I'm assuming cotter as well got the job on agreement the would find the finance to support the club and take it forward.

This never happened wi Fallons and I'm sure that's what's happened here to. Who wouldn't want the job if someone else is going to bank roll it or do the donkey work raising the money required to fund it??

shouldnt have taken job in first place if couldn't do it wether that's financially or ability and personally I don't think they have the ability and it's now clear they didn't have funds or a backer.

as a supporter I'm now looking forward to season even if we are a bit short to begin but i know the while we spend our time bitching on here the big yin will be pulling a few strings. C'MON THE TOWN!!

So let me get this right.....u hire a manager to also bring in money to sign players for someone else's club,who could sack u at any given time????

55 minutes ago, Jason King said:

No wonder then that your club appears to be the Titanic and the Iceberg is dead ahead. Without a separation of powers within the club you effectively put all of the clubs resources in the hands of one man and as we've seen over the years that never ends well.

Well he's been at helm for last 20 years it's only that he's tried to step away for whatever he will have his own reasons he's offered opportunity to take over to others who have grabbed it but are unable to do it properly. I don't get the problem we are only on here discussing it because guy who took the job and was out of his depth just can't accept it and walk away quietly the way the Fallons did.

5 minutes ago, the town said:

Well he's been at helm for last 20 years it's only that he's tried to step away for whatever he will have his own reasons he's offered opportunity to take over to others who have grabbed it but are unable to do it properly. I don't get the problem we are only on here discussing it because guy who took the job and was out of his depth just can't accept it and walk away quietly the way the Fallons did.

I think the guy has accepted it as stated earlier...wasn't him who started the post...

37 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

So when cotter and the fallons got interviewed for the job they were told the jobs yours as long as you can find sponsorship n bring money to the club? If not then just walk back out the door basically? Sounds a smashing set up you have got going on there.

Clubs got a number of sponsors who sponsor it regular. They never approached the people to even ask . The club doesn't have a committee that can raise funds the guys will cut grass line park wash kit etc etc . The funding was placed in the hands of new management team who accepted it with open arms but then thought the fairy godmother was going to come along and grant their wishes.

granted the club had been run differently from others but they had opportunity to continue that or change it by bringing in own folk and did neither.

and as for Bernie and kelly taking huff at newspaper article cotter didn't have right to speak to any paper and why did he portray himself as guy in charge when internally that wasn't the case. 

Ive just been told he was offered the job amicably after this and alll terms explained so to say others took the huff is childish and now he's on here bleating! Grow up

"Didn't have the right to speak to any paper" FFS its Shettleston Juniors not MI6 - any club at our level should be thankful for a bit of additional coverage in the Times.

I've got £20 on me and some Linda McCartney burgers in the freezer for the pie hut - who do I send my CV to?

3 minutes ago, Jason King said:

"Didn't have the right to speak to any paper" FFS its Shettleston Juniors not MI6 - any club at our level should be thankful for a bit of additional coverage in the Times.

I've got £20 on me and some Linda McCartney burgers in the freezer for the pie hut - who do I send my CV to?

Read the posts dickwit! He didn't have right to speak to papers and state he was manager of team because he clearly wasn't! 

10 minutes ago, the town said:

Clubs got a number of sponsors who sponsor it regular. They never approached the people to even ask . The club doesn't have a committee that can raise funds the guys will cut grass line park wash kit etc etc . The funding was placed in the hands of new management team who accepted it with open arms but then thought the fairy godmother was going to come along and grant their wishes.

granted the club had been run differently from others but they had opportunity to continue that or change it by bringing in own folk and did neither.

and as for Bernie and kelly taking huff at newspaper article cotter didn't have right to speak to any paper and why did he portray himself as guy in charge when internally that wasn't the case. 

Ive just been told he was offered the job amicably after this and alll terms explained so to say others took the huff is childish and now he's on here bleating! Grow up

You no so much for being a freind of someone on the committee . Or are you mr Kelly trying to defend his actions 

If someone is brought in, under the proviso that he brings dough in, then its fair doos if he fails to do so. As much as we can all stand in shock an awe at the thought of it, a lor of managers are signed to bring in new sponsors or new players, through their contacts.

Pumped for speaking to the press before a ball is kicked seems a bit harsh.

Archived