Cotter shettleston

Js1982

47 minutes ago, the town said:

Thank the lord!! Club was a mess get Kelly and Bernie back!!

I dont want to make a big deal out of it the club was in a mess..... explain .when we arrived  there was 3 players..we have 24 players some very good hence the reason why shug wants to keep all of them...so explain mess

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, cotter said:

I dont want to make a big deal out of it the club was in a mess..... explain .when we arrived  there was 3 players..we have 24 players some very good hence the reason why shug wants to keep all of them...so explain mess

We will have to take your word for that. Everybody I speak to at club including players said everything was a joke! 

10 minutes ago, the town said:

We will have to take your word for that. Everybody I speak to at club including players said everything was a joke! 

Haha come on ...considering we brought all the players whos only met shug les n bernie...noodles ricky n gary the gk.was happy enough the 3 players from last year..at least be honest n dont make things up

3 minutes ago, Denniston Afc said:

Maybe he seen enough at pre season ??who knows

If hugh wants to keep them surely that couldn't have been the problem? Things don't seem to add up with regards to recent events at greenfield park strange indeed.

Just now, Denniston Afc said:

Was talking bout management...

Look at the other shettleston thread , surely your not saying that after a week of pre season that the management weren't up to the task. Majority of pre season especially the start is fitness based. Can't imagine it having anything to do with anything football related. Just my opinion could well be wrong.

1 minute ago, Disco30 said:

Look at the other shettleston thread , surely your not saying that after a week of pre season that the management weren't up to the task. Majority of pre season especially the start is fitness based. Can't imagine it having anything to do with anything football related. Just my opinion could well be wrong.

I've no idea,just throwing it out there something isn't right ,only possibly 3 people will know the correct story,but the only surprise to me was this has happend so soon,everyone knows shettleston go through managers ,

1 minute ago, Denniston Afc said:

I've no idea,just throwing it out there something isn't right ,only possibly 3 people will know the correct story,but the only surprise to me was this has happend so soon,everyone knows shettleston go through managers ,

Agreed on that fact mate. Think that's been 3 managers in the last 6 months not including hugh himself. Wonder what will happen with the signed players now as well. If they will stay put or move on , good luck to the next manager though the job seems like a poisoned chalice.

Will be about money . All of last seasons squad quit as they hadn't been paid for months. I believe money may be involved or lack of it. The fallons didn't get a penny from when they were there until they left.Cotter a good guy and a good manager to suggest it's a shambles etc is very disrespectful. The only thing I would say is he maybe should have done his homework before going there.

8 hours ago, Denniston Afc said:

The truth is the 4 of us came in as a management team..jim odonnell  from evening times done article about us..and said shug n bernie was backroom staff.and once they read report they  took the huff n said they were out.n from that moment me n keith were doomed..as club has no committee u can only anser to shug.......so thats the real reason the players will tell u....ps not fell out with shug or anything  n wished him all the best.the players were excellent during pre season..so nothing to do with players management as no players went near the club.before or after training...n thats the truth 

Cheers cotter

The truth is the 4 of us came in as a management team..jim odonnell  from evening times done article about us..and said shug n bernie was backroom staff.and once they read report they  took the huff n said they were out.n from that moment me n keith were doomed..as club has no committee u can only anser to shug.......so thats the real reason the players will tell u....ps not fell out with shug or anything  n wished him all the best.the players were excellent during pre season..so nothing to do with players management as no players went near the club.before or after training...n thats the truth  Cheers cotter  

God sake cotter went from one of longest stints as a manager at a club to one of shortest. Always going to fraught with danger when at a club where one individual has all the power, he gets out of bed the wrong side and a manager is in trouble. Whatever has happened hope you get a bash at another club soon. Junior fitba in the west is no the same when your no involved.

The truth is the 4 of us came in as a management team..jim odonnell  from evening times done article about us..and said shug n bernie was backroom staff.and once they read report they  took the huff n said they were out.n from that moment me n keith were doomed..as club has no committee u can only anser to shug.......so thats the real reason the players will tell u....ps not fell out with shug or anything  n wished him all the best.the players were excellent during pre season..so nothing to do with players management as no players went near the club.before or after training...n thats the truth 
Cheers cotter

So the guy keith is away to cotter ?
Seen as u an him brought in the players a cant see them being happy to stay on ?

53 minutes ago, cotter said:

Cheers cotter

That's what I was saying only 3-4 people know truth people can speculate.....I can't believe u went near that though tbh

2 hours ago, Denniston Afc said:

That's what I was saying only 3-4 people know truth people can speculate.....I can't believe u went near that though tbh

Definetly sounds like a poison chalice. Big shug is in charge and that's that. He must take the team himself or let managers get on with it. As for the committee,surely a club of shettlestons stature can attract a few more guys to help out.Heard it's literally non existent and that's a problem for starters. Gd luck to wee cotter gd guy who made wrong choice it appears.

24 minutes ago, Onceaplayer said:

Definetly sounds like a poison chalice. Big shug is in charge and that's that. He must take the team himself or let managers get on with it. As for the committee,surely a club of shettlestons stature can attract a few more guys to help out.Heard it's literally non existent and that's a problem for starters. Gd luck to wee cotter gd guy who made wrong choice it appears.

You are all good at making comments on stuff you know nothing about facts are when kelly quit he did what he thought was right in bringing in weatherson and Mcstay fact is it turned out bad because of the overspeoverspend as they came in promising a lot for very little and the opposite was what he got. 

The Fallons I know and I'm assuming cotter as well got the job on agreement the would find the finance to support the club and take it forward.

This never happened wi Fallons and I'm sure that's what's happened here to. Who wouldn't want the job if someone else is going to bank roll it or do the donkey work raising the money required to fund it??

shouldnt have taken job in first place if couldn't do it wether that's financially or ability and personally I don't think they have the ability and it's now clear they didn't have funds or a backer.

as a supporter I'm now looking forward to season even if we are a bit short to begin but i know the while we spend our time bitching on here the big yin will be pulling a few strings. C'MON THE TOWN!!

If you were a fan surely you wouldn't be spouting the shite you just wrote you would be worrying to see what is really going on at your club and how can club move forward from the pantomine it is just now . 

Archived