Cotter shettleston

Js1982

20 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Whether or not he was a supporter or ex player, I understand that Hugh is a local businessman (Kelly's Karpets on Shettleston Road). I also understand that at some point in the past the members voted to hand control of the club over to Hugh, meaning that he now basically owns the club and the social club. As I've said, I'm not certain on that, so I am prepared to accept it if I'm told that I'm wrong.

lol bizarre reading people's comments on here. Some people just being nasty for the sake of it.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jamesmcnaught3 said:

lol bizarre reading people's comments on here. Some people just being nasty for the sake of it.

Just now, jamesmcnaught3 said:

That's some junior football fans for ye never happier than when having digs at other clubs. Am sure it's water of a ducks back for Kelly lol would be a shame if they folded it's a cracking set up there and am sure it's not finished

Mon the papers

17 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Think the Shettleston story is a bit back to front.

If Mr Kelly was to walk tomorrow there wouldn't be a Shettleston Juniors. Any resemblance of a committee died out years ago.

They did have a committee and trustees many years ago. The latter disappeared

following a court case - no information available on why it resulted as such - but

before the arrival of Shug the man at the helm of the Juniors was Mr John Hendrie.

I think Mr Kelly was also involved in the running of an amateur team in the

East End many years ago. Did he not also try to run the Baillieston Juniors

Social Club, and also join the committee at Vale of Clyde when the late Mr 

Winters was chairman?  His brother, Brian, put in a tremendous amount

of time and work over many years at the Tin Pail. Not sure if he is still there

as he was also involved running a carpet business in Kirkintilloch. 

One thing you could be assured of at Fullarton Park was a sincere

welcome from everyone - pre-match and at half-time.

I'm using friends account as I don't have one and neither do I wish to. Don't know where some of you find the time.

ive only read last 6/7 posts comments whatever we call them.i did come on here week or so ago and gave opportunity for questions to be asked and no one took me up on it. I've also just read or more like scanned over the evening times report. 

I have been at club nearly 20 years now. I was formerly clubs main sponsor for many years. I took over social club when it was in major difficulty which in turn saved the football club as both would have been lost. Some 2 years later I took over debts of football club so yes our company owns football club and social club.

Ive given a lot of time money and effort to both over years and would never allow club to be harmed in any way. I'm getting on a bit now and felt time was right to step back. Anyone involved in football at junior amateur kids etc knows a level of funding is required. Every year same as every other club we strive to get sponsors / advertisers etc. We have never had a strong committee and it's been made clear to anyone wanting to manage team that they need to buy into the ethos of club i.e. We all have to pull our weight when it comes to fundraising. Peter weatherson got funding from a business relative Ryan McStay from solicitors businesses he knew through his work. James McKenna and Keith Docherty where made well aware of what was expected from us all right at first meeting. As where John Fallon senior and junior , I wasn't even part of club committee or otherwise while they where here but fact is they got job on back of what they said they could bring and it didn't happen and unfortunately didn't look as though it would. Results where poor and that's football. I've nothing but respect for both of them and hope they go on to do well.

Peter and Ryan also promised great things which where not forth coming we exited the Scottish cup very early and painfully and although we were still in the mix for promotion things were not looking great and we had raised and spent more by xmas than we had spent in any entire season prior to this. I think some of their signings let them down badly.

James approached me several times near end of last season about him and I taking team. I think he has already stated this. After a while I agreed , he then brought in Keith from Broomhouse and I asked Bernie who had been by my side for many years.

Like I've already said it was made clear that we work as a team on team and club matters, the committee we have here are not up for or acquitted to fundraising. No matter how hard I've tried over years to strengthen committee it's been fruitless. It was apparent from early on James wanted to run the team and his story given to Jim O'Donnell at evening times where he announced himself as team manager and Bernie and I as his backroom team confirmed this.

Bernie immediately resigned, I had conversation with James where we discussed times story, all Jim O'Donnell's doing according to James, and way forward. I explained to James I had no real desire to be on anyone's backroom team and was happy to walk away and allow him and Keith get on with it and he was again reminded he takes on the financial burden that goes with running a junior football club. He agreed to this saying he had run st Anthony's for years and no one got paid.I reminded him there's utility bills upkeep of the ground , park training kit , strips etc. 

Within weeks we had committee being told to dig out the old strips we had players walking out and calling social club looking for monies James had promised them.

Basically we where facing a dilemma which we couldn't see getting any better so we called a meeting to discuss matters which James couldn't make so we made a decision to end things before season started . 

The Fallons thanked players for their efforts James called players to again bad mouth the club and get them to quit saying club was in difficulty! He also called his friends at Beith and Arthurlie who in turn messaged me to cancel pre arranged friendlies. He also failed to return when asked training equipment some of which belongs to kids academy. Comments like I knew there was a problem when training kit never turned up are just vindictive when he knows this was his responsibility.

people saying this is not a managers remit please note you agree to it then it's your remit end of. We are not run differently from a lot of clubs I'm sure. Managers and coaches do what they can to help support club.

If I was appointing a manager to only specifically take team I can assure you it would not be James McKenna and Keith Docherty.

As a club we do not have financial difficulties any more than 90% of junior clubs if not all. Our squad is thin on the ground because of what's happened we had to cancel some friendlies because of low numbers and holidays we will continue to try strengthen squad and use league cup section to mould team. 

I did not want to come on here like this but felt I had to defend club and myself.

Forgot to mention club is in talks with GCC re moving to a new £5.5m development. Talks have been ongoing for sometime hence reason we stopped work at our own ground. Development hinges on how much we can raise from sale of our existing ground which will be put towards the building fund. Agents appointed by GCC are actively seeking a buyer.

If need be I'm here for as long as it takes. If someone turns up with club at heart and or a strong committee then I'd be happy to walk away but over the years I've had loads through the door who are willing to be the next Jose mourhinio but want someone else to pay for it . 

Hope ive answered a few critics and thanks to those who have defended us.

Hugh Kelly

Shettleston juniors Fc

31 minutes ago, jamesmcnaught3 said:

I'm using friends account as I don't have one and neither do I wish to. Don't know where some of you find the time.

ive only read last 6/7 posts comments whatever we call them.i did come on here week or so ago and gave opportunity for questions to be asked and no one took me up on it. I've also just read or more like scanned over the evening times report. 

I have been at club nearly 20 years now. I was formerly clubs main sponsor for many years. I took over social club when it was in major difficulty which in turn saved the football club as both would have been lost. Some 2 years later I took over debts of football club so yes our company owns football club and social club.

Ive given a lot of time money and effort to both over years and would never allow club to be harmed in any way. I'm getting on a bit now and felt time was right to step back. Anyone involved in football at junior amateur kids etc knows a level of funding is required. Every year same as every other club we strive to get sponsors / advertisers etc. We have never had a strong committee and it's been made clear to anyone wanting to manage team that they need to buy into the ethos of club i.e. We all have to pull our weight when it comes to fundraising. Peter weatherson got funding from a business relative Ryan McStay from solicitors businesses he knew through his work. James McKenna and Keith Docherty where made well aware of what was expected from us all right at first meeting. As where John Fallon senior and junior , I wasn't even part of club committee or otherwise while they where here but fact is they got job on back of what they said they could bring and it didn't happen and unfortunately didn't look as though it would. Results where poor and that's football. I've nothing but respect for both of them and hope they go on to do well.

Peter and Ryan also promised great things which where not forth coming we exited the Scottish cup very early and painfully and although we were still in the mix for promotion things were not looking great and we had raised and spent more by xmas than we had spent in any entire season prior to this. I think some of their signings let them down badly.

James approached me several times near end of last season about him and I taking team. I think he has already stated this. After a while I agreed , he then brought in Keith from Broomhouse and I asked Bernie who had been by my side for many years.

Like I've already said it was made clear that we work as a team on team and club matters, the committee we have here are not up for or acquitted to fundraising. No matter how hard I've tried over years to strengthen committee it's been fruitless. It was apparent from early on James wanted to run the team and his story given to Jim O'Donnell at evening times where he announced himself as team manager and Bernie and I as his backroom team confirmed this.

Bernie immediately resigned, I had conversation with James where we discussed times story, all Jim O'Donnell's doing according to James, and way forward. I explained to James I had no real desire to be on anyone's backroom team and was happy to walk away and allow him and Keith get on with it and he was again reminded he takes on the financial burden that goes with running a junior football club. He agreed to this saying he had run st Anthony's for years and no one got paid.I reminded him there's utility bills upkeep of the ground , park training kit , strips etc. 

Within weeks we had committee being told to dig out the old strips we had players walking out and calling social club looking for monies James had promised them.

Basically we where facing a dilemma which we couldn't see getting any better so we called a meeting to discuss matters which James couldn't make so we made a decision to end things before season started . 

The Fallons thanked players for their efforts James called players to again bad mouth the club and get them to quit saying club was in difficulty! He also called his friends at Beith and Arthurlie who in turn messaged me to cancel pre arranged friendlies. He also failed to return when asked training equipment some of which belongs to kids academy. Comments like I knew there was a problem when training kit never turned up are just vindictive when he knows this was his responsibility.

people saying this is not a managers remit please note you agree to it then it's your remit end of. We are not run differently from a lot of clubs I'm sure. Managers and coaches do what they can to help support club.

If I was appointing a manager to only specifically take team I can assure you it would not be James McKenna and Keith Docherty.

As a club we do not have financial difficulties any more than 90% of junior clubs if not all. Our squad is thin on the ground because of what's happened we had to cancel some friendlies because of low numbers and holidays we will continue to try strengthen squad and use league cup section to mould team. 

I did not want to come on here like this but felt I had to defend club and myself.

Forgot to mention club is in talks with GCC re moving to a new £5.5m development. Talks have been ongoing for sometime hence reason we stopped work at our own ground. Development hinges on how much we can raise from sale of our existing ground which will be put towards the building fund. Agents appointed by GCC are actively seeking a buyer.

If need be I'm here for as long as it takes. If someone turns up with club at heart and or a strong committee then I'd be happy to walk away but over the years I've had loads through the door who are willing to be the next Jose mourhinio but want someone else to pay for it . 

Hugh Kelly

Shettleston juniors Fc

Why would any manager at all be willing to pump their own money into a team when if they have a few bad results they could then be shown the door by yourself ? Don't think cotter and Keith would have taken the job if they were required to raise thousands of pounds. It's your word against cotters and quite frankly I know who I believe. From an outside perspective I have stated the job you have done previously had to be commended but it seems in the last year or so that your hearts not in it anymore. As for weatherson and mcstay how far in the Scottish cup would have been suitable considering they were on course to win the league at Christmas. I'm sure u can understand the scepticism from the majority of folk on here.

That's a statement and a half from Mr Kelly. I loved the wee matter at the end about the big spend. So we sack a manager because he can't raise a couple of thousand pounds a year whilst at the same time he is involved in multi million pounds deals. I smell sh1te. 

20 minutes ago, jamesmcnaught3 said:

Hugh Kelly

Shettleston juniors Fc

Shug.thats the most laughable post ever..its fine to have a go..but to blatantly lie.is cringeworthy...the problems arose soon as u got annoyed over evening times comments...shug i dont think i am that desperate to get a job.that i need to come in n raise 20grand.to pay players...as for strips n training stuff ie trackies etc..they were all on the table n ordered from shop.u must have a bad memory...as we sat down n u showed me a budget that we had.with sponsors etc n fundraising nights.we spoke about a friends of shettleston to raise money..which u n les shot down in flames.cos the tote takes 20 pounds in .as for players phoning up .it was players from last year who use had on 2year deals.nothing to do with us.me n keith had brought a squad of 19 players fir 310 a week..but the minute u pulled out i told the players they wouldnt be getting any money.to go n ask for there forms if they wanted .n fairness they didnt .so me n keith were glad to carry on..then u asked me to  sugn a lease for pitch.so i am liable for all bills..i asked u what would happen if no obe signed for pitch u said well youse wont be playing on it....again i said no.get committee to do it..but  as u know les cant do anything without your say so..so i said to les i would play away from home or play at ants.if needed.your sounding a very bitter guy.n thats the part thats difficult..i told keith n the players after you pulled out we would be lucky to see season start..but we wont quit.to let u have the balls to sack us... n even then u sent players text to say we walked away......i dont want to drag shettleston down..but dont come on n make lies up like the things your saying on this as for theft of stuff.the club had 0.i took hurdles n  cones n u came to training n told me to take them back n thats wit i done...n  tell me a player i bad mouthed club to..cheers cotter. .i think most people know me well enough on this shug to judge..

In all seriousness, even though we like to know the gossip on P+B, neither party are really helping themselves here throwing about claim and counter claims that only really the two of them will ever know the truth about.

Would be better off just moving on and/or getting their heads together and chatting through. Football at any level is such a passionate game but these fall outs just aren't worth it.

2 hours ago, coach said:

They did have a committee and trustees many years ago. The latter disappeared

following a court case - no information available on why it resulted as such - but

before the arrival of Shug the man at the helm of the Juniors was Mr John Hendrie.

I think Mr Kelly was also involved in the running of an amateur team in the

East End many years ago. Did he not also try to run the Baillieston Juniors

Social Club, and also join the committee at Vale of Clyde when the late Mr 

Winters was chairman?  His brother, Brian, put in a tremendous amount

of time and work over many years at the Tin Pail. Not sure if he is still there

as he was also involved running a carpet business in Kirkintilloch. 

One thing you could be assured of at Fullarton Park was a sincere

welcome from everyone - pre-match and at half-time.

It's a strange tale the history of the Juniors in the East End of Glasgow. Go back a couple of generations and you have three teams in the Parkhead area who seem to have been shafted by the old Glasgow Corporation for land for housing. Was any housing ever built on the land? Bridgeton Waverley's at Barrowfield ended up Celtic's training ground for 50 years. The land at Strathclyde and Parkhead Juniors just lay empty for decades. Not to mention Dennistoun Waverley.

And then there's Baiilleston much later but that's another story.

28 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

In all seriousness, even though we like to know the gossip on P+B, neither party are really helping themselves here throwing about claim and counter claims that only really the two of them will ever know the truth about.

Would be better off just moving on and/or getting their heads together and chatting through. Football at any level is such a passionate game but these fall outs just aren't worth it.

It seems to have piqued the interest of a large number of people judging by the amount of contributors and views it has had. Junior football is forever criticised for the decisions made behind closed doors so Im sure the Shettleston fans and others are interested in the views of the main protagonists. 

1 hour ago, cotter said:

Shug.thats the most laughable post ever..its fine to have a go..but to blatantly lie.is cringeworthy...the problems arose soon as u got annoyed over evening times comments...shug i dont think i am that desperate to get a job.that i need to come in n raise 20grand.to pay players...as for strips n training stuff ie trackies etc..they were all on the table n ordered from shop.u must have a bad memory...as we sat down n u showed me a budget that we had.with sponsors etc n fundraising nights.we spoke about a friends of shettleston to raise money..which u n les shot down in flames.cos the tote takes 20 pounds in .as for players phoning up .it was players from last year who use had on 2year deals.nothing to do with us.me n keith had brought a squad of 19 players fir 310 a week..but the minute u pulled out i told the players they wouldnt be getting any money.to go n ask for there forms if they wanted .n fairness they didnt .so me n keith were glad to carry on..then u asked me to  sugn a lease for pitch.so i am liable for all bills..i asked u what would happen if no obe signed for pitch u said well youse wont be playing on it....again i said no.get committee to do it..but  as u know les cant do anything without your say so..so i said to les i would play away from home or play at ants.if needed.your sounding a very bitter guy.n thats the part thats difficult..i told keith n the players after you pulled out we would be lucky to see season start..but we wont quit.to let u have the balls to sack us... n even then u sent players text to say we walked away......i dont want to drag shettleston down..but dont come on n make lies up like the things your saying on this as for theft of stuff.the club had 0.i took hurdles n  cones n u came to training n told me to take them back n thats wit i done...n  tell me a player i bad mouthed club to..cheers cotter. .i think most people know me well enough on this shug to judge..

You know what the deal was and I showed you no budget I showed you what was required to fund the team and that was before I walked. You were made aware of the job and what was required but unfortunately that was after you had declared yourself the manager.  And as for comments afrom folk about you putting your hand in your pocket that was never asked or expected you said you would get sponsors and start something you called 100 club to raise funds. So less of the bullshit you came on here and went in evening times talking shite and your still doing it and using some of your friends to fire the bullets your loading. No need to worry about anyone taking the Shettleston job in future as it will not be on offer anytime soon. So the sooner sad folk like mr coach ,and I know who you are , stop slagging off me and the club the better. Why you need several aliases to hide behind on here is beyond belief. But we all know why , because your a fat coward. I will spk to you face to face when I see you

I was always under the impression that you paid a manager to manage your team however in this case the owner/ 1man commitee is looking for someone to pay to manage his club ....good luck with that one

Archived