Cotter shettleston

Js1982

I'm touchy because you were referring to Colville, common mate you know you were.  The reason I'm touchy is because of the amount of hard work that goes into running the club, and the amount of commitment, dedication everyone gives to it to make the club successful.

If your asking my opinion on do I think that there are amatuer clubs paying players then the answered would be yes. I totally agree with you that it's cheating and nothing is done about. Clubs should be kicked out of the amatuer game if they are caught doing it without a doubt. 

Anyone who knows me, and I know you won't but unlike other clubs that get accused I always come out and defend our corner. 

The amount of time and work I put in with my back room team to ensure we attract the best possible players to our clubs is significant. We have achieved a lot over the 2 years and that been through paying players 

Just because as an amateur club the pay whatever doesn't mean they are not a hard working club committed and dedicated, nobody is saying they ain't .

We played a foster select side last year in a friendly match again can't take much from it but we won three nil, and that's the best amateur leagues best players and we beat them without our strongest side fair enough they have boys playing together who are not so used to but still.

Without sounding like a dick i would be utterly embarrassed if my junior team lost to any amateur team in a competitive match be it colville park or aucthermucty strollers from the south fife sunday pub league.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rednblack said:

Just because as an amateur club the pay whatever doesn't mean they are not a hard working club committed and dedicated, nobody is saying they ain't .

We played a foster select side last year in a friendly match again can't take much from it but we won three nil, and that's the best amateur leagues best players and we beat them without our strongest side fair enough they have boys playing together who are not so used to but still.

Without sounding like a dick i would be embarrassed if my junior team lost to any amateur team in a competitive match be it colville park or aucthermucty strollers from the south fife sunday pub league.

I'm not saying that, and no dis respect to anyone that plays for the select but that not a fair representation of the league. 

Most of the bouts refuse to play fur the selects across amatuer football but that a debate for another day.

And I'm not saying your team wouldn't beat any select or amatuer team. 

What is your team mate? 

I'm not saying that, and no dis respect to anyone that plays for the select but that not a fair representation of the league. 
Most of the bouts refuse to play fur the selects across amatuer football but that a debate for another day.
And I'm not saying your team wouldn't beat any select or amatuer team. 
What is your team mate? 

The point is we aren't one of the top junior teams (working on that) and that team picked from the best amateur league in the country the league doesn't revolve around your team, that team had good players by that leagues standards in it and the result was what it was .
Your team are full of guys who have played decent junior but that's it just my opinion so in turn you will have a top amateur side and a side who would do well in lower league junior.
I'm not knocking amateurs Christ our best talent in years came from campsie minerva and we have two Scotland amateur players in our current squad but overall as I've always said the top amateur sides top five would do well in lower junior leagues maybe you guys even super first but that's it. Just as your top few junior teams Talbot, Beith Glenafton, Bonnyrigg would for me do alright at a lower senior level but that's it.

I never get involved in how we would do in the junior game, I have yet own thoughts but I keep them to myself because it's a pointless arguement because we will never know.

Must be pleased with how the club progressing under Maxi, just need to get the new park sorted to give yous that extra push to allow yous to compete with the teams you mentioned on every level.

I was up watching yous over the weekend play some really good football, was talking to a few of the boys before the game all really enjoy being part of the club.

hope yous have another great season again

I never get involved in how we would do in the junior game, I have yet own thoughts but I keep them to myself because it's a pointless arguement because we will never know. Must be pleased with how the club progressing under Maxi, just need to get the new park sorted to give yous that extra push to allow yous to compete with the teams you mentioned on every level. I was up watching yous over the weekend play some really good football, was talking to a few of the boys before the game all really enjoy being part of the club.

hope yous have another great season again

Alright mate a just used your first name as it's there for all to see [emoji4]  

Were you thinking it was Maxi or something and after a friendly game [emoji4]

And thanks for comments good of you and can see the hares challenging a lot more this season!

Haha that ok mate I called at lot worst.

You still got two kirky boys in your team? How much did it cost you to prize the big striker from kirky from hares [emoji4]

Ack only messing a know your a good football guy I've read your posts etc in past.

Did I? IIRC i was surprised by the standard of some of the signings from the amateur game as some of them were nothing more than average amateur players.
Hughesy done great to keep them up though and done an excellent job in the amateurs with Postal Utd.

Thanks Crazy Feet for your approving words.

It was a hard task going into Maryhill at first with the 7/8 player's that stayed on when I took over and the 8 or so from the amateur ranks and couple of experienced juniors/pros we brought in we did enough to stay in the league which was our objective this season.

There has been various good points on this thread re junior v amateur one off games, having experienced semis of Scottish amateur cup, 1/4s of Scottish and west cup, SAFL Premier, Central Scottish and now the West Super 1st Premier, the central amateur premier is a tough tough division and standard week in week out when we were playing in it was excellent, final 3rd of the park especially.

People talk about consistently doing it at junior level again, what'll come with that though is set backs and how you deal with that,as we seen last season in the super 1st one week a team could win convincingly v a team then 2 weeks later they could be turned over convincingly by same team.

What I will say and knowing some of the other gaffers on here the amount of work we put in is incredible whether it's at amateur or junior level and unless you have walked in our shoes you'll never get it.

Good luck to all for forthcoming season. [emoji106]

2 minutes ago, rednblack said:

You still got two kirky boys in your team? How much did it cost you to prize the big striker from kirky from hares emoji4.png

Ack only messing a know your a good football guy I've read your posts etc in past.

Haha,

yes still got big Mulvey and Paul. We have signed David Tait this season Scotland keeper he played with campsite before so must stay up near Kirky way. 

It was my good chat and personality that got Paul away. I think he tasted succes that year winning the Scottish with Hares, then having a season winning nothing was difficult so gave a really good chance of getting him.

He made a real significant contribution scoring some big goals at important momenets, plus he's a great lad aswell. 

Will Duff be a big miss this season for yous ? 

Haha, yes still got big Mulvey and Paul. We have signed David Tait this season Scotland keeper he played with campsite before so must stay up near Kirky way.  It was my good chat and personality that got Paul away. I think he tasted succes that year winning the Scottish with Hares, then having a season winning nothing was difficult so gave a really good chance of getting him. He made a real significant contribution scoring some big goals at important momenets, plus he's a great lad aswell.  Will Duff be a big miss this season for yous ?    

Both very good amateur players! surprised boy paul hasn't gave good junior level a go. Good chat and personality ah that what it is [emoji4] strange one boys born and bred in Kirky no wanting to play with local successful amateur side away playing in deepest darkest Lanarkshire instead , a mean it used to be all about local pride and sticking with them, a must be getting auld!  On Duff wouldn't say big massive loss as we have brought in good players but yeah Roy will miss him great talent and by all accounts great boy so hope he does well in seniors with the well amateur team [emoji16]  

Are shettleston new amateur team (linked in with the juniors i presumed) still registered in fosters central ?

1 hour ago, rednblack said:

The point is we aren't one of the top junior teams (working on that) and that team picked from the best amateur league in the country the league doesn't revolve around your team, that team had good players by that leagues standards in it and the result was what it was .
Your team are full of guys who have played decent junior but that's it just my opinion so in turn you will have a top amateur side and a side who would do well in lower league junior.
I'm not knocking amateurs Christ our best talent in years came from campsie minerva and we have two Scotland amateur players in our current squad but overall as I've always said the top amateur sides top five would do well in lower junior leagues maybe you guys even super first but that's it. Just as your top few junior teams Talbot, Beith Glenafton, Bonnyrigg would for me do alright at a lower senior level but that's it.

What's to stop any of those teams being the best part-time side in the country - look at Brechin, Dumbarton etc... small clubs, small supports but playing in the Championship. Alloa and Stranraer are others who have punched above their weight in recent history. These clubs might have better stadiums than the junior ones but that apart there's not really much between them - except their on-field status means far better players. 11 players in Brechin's squad have Championship or Premier experience, and all of Dumbarton's.

What's to stop any of those teams being the best part-t9ime side in the cuntry - look at Brechin, Dumbarton etc... small clubs, small supprots but playing in the Championship. Alloa and Stranraer are others who have punched above their weight in recent history. These clubs might have better stadiums than the junior ones but that apart there's not really much between them - except their on-field status means far better players. 11 players in Brechin's squad have Championship or Premier experience, and all of Dumbarton's.

Well no being in the ' Pyramid ' and it being near certain (in my humble opinion) most of those mentioned will never be in a proper 'Pyramid ' that's the first major stumbling block. Add to that can i see a Glenafton for example being the best part time team in Scotland in five or ten years no chance, can i see them mixing it and big trophies in the junior grade in five or ten years time yes i can.

1 minute ago, rednblack said:

Well no being in the ' Pyramid ' and it being near certain (in my humble opinion) most of those mentioned will never be in a proper 'Pyramid ' that's the first major stumbling block. Add to that can i see a Glenafton for example being the best part time team in Scotland in five or ten years no chance, can i see them mixing it and big trophies in the junior grade in five or ten years time yes i can.

Can never predict the future! A pyramid involving all non-amateur teams will happen, be it in 5, 10, 15, 20 years time. Maybe 50 and I'll be the grumpy very OAP waving my walking stick in indignation! 

Can never predict the future! A pyramid involving all non-amateur teams will happen, be it in 5, 10, 15, 20 years time. Maybe 50 and I'll be the grumpy very OAP waving my walking stick in indignation! 

So will i and people will be reminiscing about the bad or good old days (depending on your viewpoint) when we had our own set ups and the young ones will be wondering what the hell is being talked about [emoji4]

1 hour ago, Budandavodka said:

Thanks Crazy Feet for your approving words.

It was a hard task going into Maryhill at first with the 7/8 player's that stayed on when I took over and the 8 or so from the amateur ranks and couple of experienced juniors/pros we brought in we did enough to stay in the league which was our objective this season.

There has been various good points on this thread re junior v amateur one off games, having experienced semis of Scottish amateur cup, 1/4s of Scottish and west cup, SAFL Premier, Central Scottish and now the West Super 1st Premier, the central amateur premier is a tough tough division and standard week in week out when we were playing in it was excellent, final 3rd of the park especially.

People talk about consistently doing it at junior level again, what'll come with that though is set backs and how you deal with that,as we seen last season in the super 1st one week a team could win convincingly v a team then 2 weeks later they could be turned over convincingly by same team.

What I will say and knowing some of the other gaffers on here the amount of work we put in is incredible whether it's at amateur or junior level and unless you have walked in our shoes you'll never get it.

Good luck to all for forthcoming season. emoji106.png

Fair points mate all the best to you again this season in what will no doubt be a tough league.

Archived