Cotter shettleston

Js1982

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having read through these posts I'm really surprised that any top junior side would expect their manager to help fund the team, raise cash , seek out sponsors etc. Having been an assistant for a short period I saw how demanding it was just to manage the team and the players , dealing with the constant phone calls, looking at potential players etc etc , it really is a full time job. IMO a manager needs to be left alone to deal with the playing side alone and it's up to the owner / committee to fund the team, find sponsors etc. If this is the road that Shettleston have went down I'd be surprised to see any top manager want the job and it's likely they'll be changing managers regularly as it will be far to much pressure. Junior managers still have their own full time jobs and family to think off!

I know who a would rather manage my club it would b Mr Kelly all day long look were he took shettleston from and look wot cotter has done at the ants not much

Not much? Maybe not to some but for us a league title for the first time in 60 years. Keeping us in the central first for 13 years, challenging to go up on several occasions, being the only team in our league cup section to win 6 out of 6 all against higher opposition (pollok, arthurlie, Renfrew, Johnstone Burgh, Bens and Neilston), semi final of the west, semi of the central league cup, semi of the evening times, quarter finals of the sectional all with 0 budget was quite a list of achievements. Cant say I was unhappy with his tenure as boss

Fair enough but he never got out the district league and in the cup section most of the big teams just treat it as pre season to get up to speed for league look were shettleston were same as ants and Mr Kelly took them all the way to the top a do hope cotter gets another job and a hope the ants do well this year with jd in charge

Fair enough but he never got out the district league and in the cup section most of the big teams just treat it as pre season to get up to speed for league look were shettleston were same as ants and Mr Kelly took them all the way to the top a do hope cotter gets another job and a hope the ants do well this year with jd in charge

Your right he didnt get out of the district league but had us punching well above our weight. In a league with teams with much bigger budgets (or indeed budgets at all) was always gonna be a tough ask, and we went close a number of times which to me is an achievement in itself. Its obvs easier when you have the money to throw at it and can pay players to come down from a higher level, but unfortunately we dont have that option so always gonna have one hand tied behind back against other clubs.

I know who a would rather manage my club it would b Mr Kelly all day long look were he took shettleston from and look wot cotter has done at the ants not much

Bit harsh jimmy mac , considering the ants finances i think cotter did a good job at the ants , rebuilding teams most seasons as well .

Having read through these posts I'm really surprised that any top junior side would expect their manager to help fund the team, raise cash , seek out sponsors etc. Having been an assistant for a short period I saw how demanding it was just to manage the team and the players , dealing with the constant phone calls, looking at potential players etc etc , it really is a full time job. IMO a manager needs to be left alone to deal with the playing side alone and it's up to the owner / committee to fund the team, find sponsors etc. If this is the road that Shettleston have went down I'd be surprised to see any top manager want the job and it's likely they'll be changing managers regularly as it will be far to much pressure. Junior managers still have their own full time jobs and family to think off!

Who cares what you think Fabi[emoji38][emoji38]

Early on in this thread somebody mentioned pre season friendlies not being played which i took as a joke in bad taste (the poster was correct btw), another poster mentioned the players (is there any?). Now seems everything really has went overboard when it reaches the point folks are asking about the danger to league cup section games.

Early on in this thread somebody mentioned pre season friendlies not being played which i took as a joke in bad taste (the poster was correct btw), another poster mentioned the players (is there any?). Now seems everything really has went overboard when it reaches the point folks are asking about the danger to league cup section games.

As far as I can see they haven't played any friendlies yet and don't appear on the refs list for matches up to this coming Thursday. That's less than a week til the season starts.

38 minutes ago, Peasyman said:

They're due to play Peasy in about a fortnight so just wondering after all the rumours that appear to be kicking around

Your correct to be concerned. Shettleston first game is a week this Wednesday. It's a bad sign when league cup section games are used by teams as a warm up. Or as quoted to me in years past "who the eff wants to trail down 15 miles to get effed in a effing meaningless game. Certainly an interesting concept on how to run a semi professional football team.

I met the goalkeeper while i was out shopping in kilsyth , i asked him what was going on ? Said no point in asking me i dont know !
No games arranged , dunno whats happening ! And thats 1 of the players , a fear the worst !
Although i do hope not , dont want to see any team go under , and i like visiting shettleston for a game .

Archived