WWTV Match Highlights 2017-18

Rab B Nesbit

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bpek said:

Hard to tell on the footage newky but the guy hadn't even hit the ground and the ref was pointing to the spot and his assistant done nothing, but a cracking goal for ww

Just got to keep plodding on bpek, think the young lads do better on an artificial surface so it's onwards to a day oot and hopefully 3 points in Galashiels next week. Mon the welfarrrrrrre!! 

2 hours ago, magoo said:

Can we change title name to lowlights

You can't change the title of a thread on here. 

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Unlucky yesterday never a penalty 

I thought we were a bit too Newky.

Young lad from Rangers at left back did well. Don't think we are far away from a few results and considering where we've come from progress is definitely being made. 

1 hour ago, bpek said:

Exactly newky, looks like you have a lot of new players and all young so it takes a bit of time to settle in and some of the luck to go for you and not against you

Aye there's some good young lads there, frustrating as it is at present ye sometimes have to step back before ye see progression. Though certain ones at the club want that progress now. It does nae happen overnight. 

18 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye there's some good young lads there, frustrating as it is at present ye sometimes have to step back before ye see progression. Though certain ones at the club want that progress now. It does nae happen overnight. 

Is the lowland league really the place for young players to see a club progress. I can see benefit of a few good young lads being helped along with a solid back up of proven players at this level,but a virtual young team not tested at lowland league will not end well imo....the last few years at whitehill all I have seen is good solid players (young and old) move on to clubs at a similar level (the list would frightening). The few young uns out of this crop who rise above the rest will no doubt move on and the circle continues, you yourself were saying about a young striker at Selkirk who was at the welfare last season... 

15 minutes ago, magoo said:

Is the lowland league really the place for young players to see a club progress. I can see benefit of a few good young lads being helped along with a solid back up of proven players at this level,but a virtual young team not tested at lowland league will not end well imo....the last few years at whitehill all I have seen is good solid players (young and old) move on to clubs at a similar level (the list would frightening). The few young uns out of this crop who rise above the rest will no doubt move on and the circle continues, you yourself were saying about a young striker at Selkirk who was at the welfare last season... 

That's why we have a 20s league.

Great result yesterday by our young laddies yesterday by the way which I hope hasn't gone unnoticed. There's a good wee squad building up there with many playing in the LL. 

Keep the right players then yes the LL is a place to bring in young players. It was only a few short seasons ago we had a young lad who's now a regular at Cowdenbeath. 

The young lad you refer to at Selkirk is up there for top goalscorer in the LL. Who's the assistant manager at Selkirk? There's a connection there of that I'm sure. 

What's your suggestion on the player front then, wave that magic wand and find thousands to pay players. We're getting around 100 folk through the gates if we're lucky, nae main sponsor and have unluckily drew a decent HFL side AWAY in the Scottish for the 3rd season running. 

I think a reality check of where we're at (and I don't think we're the only LL club)  is needed here. 

25 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

That's why we have a 20s league.

Great result yesterday by our young laddies yesterday by the way which I hope hasn't gone unnoticed. There's a good wee squad building up there with many playing in the LL. 

Keep the right players then yes the LL is a place to bring in young players. It was only a few short seasons ago we had a young lad who's now a regular at Cowdenbeath. 

The young lad you refer to at Selkirk is up there for top goalscorer in the LL. Who's the assistant manager at Selkirk? There's a connection there of that I'm sure. 

What's your suggestion on the player front then, wave that magic wand and find thousands to pay players. We're getting around 100 folk through the gates if we're lucky, nae main sponsor and have unluckily drew a decent HFL side AWAY in the Scottish for the 3rd season running. 

I think a reality check of where we're at (and I don't think we're the only LL club)  is needed here. 

I've no doubt the lowland league could be the place for young players,but certainly not en mass, and you answered my point about keeping players, something unfortunately whitehill have not done for about 5 season's. The lowland league may well be the place for flourishing young players but is the right place for whitehill?

31 minutes ago, magoo said:

I've no doubt the lowland league could be the place for young players,but certainly not en mass, and you answered my point about keeping players, something unfortunately whitehill have not done for about 5 season's. The lowland league may well be the place for flourishing young players but is the right place for whitehill?

So what's your answer then? 

The idea was to have stability and cut the wage bill when we appointed Hissy. Unfortunately Hissy left in October, and at the end of the season between him and Bingy and their players and management team's wages, the wage bill was as bad as ever.

I've got faith in Gary to work within a budget and bring young players on. So far he's worked miracles to get a squad together. If they do move on we get development fees. That's the future for the club to operate at this level. The days of McIntosh and Somerville and Kiddo are gone. Magoo maybe you need to meet Gary and let him convince you :lol:

I need no convincing, I had the pleasure of a drink with the manager after the Leith game and I was very impressed with his thoughts and outlook on football. And his summary on wwtv after games are very honest and good listening, if your saying the days off sommerville,kidd, etc are gone i question the future of ww within the ll. They are exactly ll standard players and if were not having that standard is there any point. I agree with the football quotes about producing young player's in an ideal world but defeats week after week in a competitive league will drain everyone involved.(And imo at the moment we have had a decent run of fixtures to get some points).... I'm all for forward and ambitious thinking but reality must come to the fore as well....

15 minutes ago, magoo said:

I need no convincing, I had the pleasure of a drink with the manager after the Leith game and I was very impressed with his thoughts and outlook on football. And his summary on wwtv after games are very honest and good listening, if your saying the days off sommerville,kidd, etc are gone i question the future of ww within the ll. They are exactly ll standard players and if were not having that standard is there any point. I agree with the football quotes about producing young player's in an ideal world but defeats week after week in a competitive league will drain everyone involved.(And imo at the moment we have had a decent run of fixtures to get some points).... I'm all for forward and ambitious thinking but reality must come to the fore as well....

If they no good enough for LL then EoSFL it is. Simple as that,that's what Pyramid aboot, no sure where or what yer getting at now. Are you looking for them to fold or something. gie the club a break man, its not all doom and gloom after all only one team gets a crack at promotion for now..... 

29 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

If they no good enough for LL then EoSFL it is. Simple as that,that's what Pyramid aboot, no sure where or what yer getting at now. Are you looking for them to fold or something. gie the club a break man, its not all doom and gloom after all only one team gets a crack at promotion for now..... 

Gie the club a break man. Wtf you on about its a fans forum.im no in the car park pitchforking the player. I'm expressing my thoughts on the current state of ww. It may be different from yours and others but there you go, I hope I'm wrong with regards to whitehill and the lowland league,time will tell, have I to come on here every Monday and say 2nd bottom is sound....

7 minutes ago, magoo said:

Gie the club a break man. Wtf you on about its a fans forum.im no in the car park pitchforking the player. I'm expressing my thoughts on the current state of ww. It may be different from yours and others but there you go, I hope I'm wrong with regards to whitehill and the lowland league,time will tell, have I to come on here every Monday and say 2nd bottom is sound....

Yer pitching in plenty input wi nae answers tho. Do you think we all want to be 2nd bottom like. So whos fault is it then manager, players, committee a n other...... 

3 hours ago, magoo said:

Even the folk that clearly are involved and potentially 'drained' are upbeat and looking forward. Seriously between here and the clubs social media you'd be better stopping letting your belly rumble and take up golf. 

4 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Even the folk that clearly are involved and potentially 'drained' are upbeat and looking forward. Seriously between here and the clubs social media you'd be better stopping letting your belly rumble and take up golf. 

Aye very good 6 games in. Imagine the thought of people using fans forums and social media to air there views,whatever next... a wee bit of advice,when u find someone has a different opinion from yourself(most especially when its football) respect there right to have an opinion and rise above the" go away if you don't agree with me" mindset....let me know when football discussion is free and ww on field matters are fair game for on-line chat....i will look forward to the usual updates from my golfing holiday next week...

Archived