Scottish teams in the Europa - have a raffle

Hampden Diehard

With the annual embarrassment of Scottish clubs in Europe in full swing, can I suggest that we have a raffle to see who represents Scotland in the Europa League?  Two down already, to teams that I've never heard of (including the fourth best side in Luxembourg....) and who is confident of the next round?

If our teams are going to get pumped anyway, why not spread out representation a bit.  Have a raffle to see who loses in the first round each year.  QP can lose to a Luxembourg side just as easily as Rangers did.

We could have an annual competition where the sides that accrue the most points over a set number of games have the opportunity to play teams from other countries, considering theoretically that such sides may be the best placed to get a result.

We could have an annual competition where the sides that accrue the most points over a set number of games have the opportunity to play teams from other countries, considering theoretically that such sides may be the best placed to get a result.

This....why would sending worse teams into European tournaments improve results? ?

21 hours ago, dogmc said:

This....why would sending worse teams into European tournaments improve results? ?

I've a sneaky wee feeling - a sixth sense if you will - that just maybe, he wasn't being entirely serious.

5 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

So you think it's a good idea then? Unreal.

I, in common with Hampden Diehard, genuinely believe this to be a terrific idea, as my earlier posts on this thread would clearly indicate.

Just imagine what would be created - a trip abroad for fans of Annan or Montrose.  I can see no downside.  Far from sounding a death knell, this would invigorate our game.  This needs to happen.  In fact, if it doesn't, I'm done with football.

I, in common with Hampden Diehard, genuinely believe this to be a terrific idea, as my earlier posts on this thread would clearly indicate.
Just imagine what would be created - a trip abroad for fans of Annan or Montrose.  I can see no downside.  Far from sounding a death knell, this would invigorate our game.  This needs to happen.  In fact, if it doesn't, I'm done with football.

Good point. Imagine how much buzz it would create in Cowdenbeath for the club to have an away tie against Vaduz or the excitement in Elgin for the game against Botev Plovdiv! I retract my idea of limiting it to the top teams. This could be a real turning point for our game.

1 minute ago, NorthernJambo said:

Good point. Imagine how much buzz it would create in Cowdenbeath for the club to have an away tie against Vaduz or the excitement in Elgin for the game against Botev Plovdiv! I retract my idea of limiting it to the top teams. This could be a real turning point for our game.

We should create a movement to lobby for this.  

Hampden Diehard would be our Karl Marx figure.

12 hours ago, NorthernJambo said:

They just beat us. Home and away.

Archived