New Ad System Live

Our new advert system is now live across the site, displaying to Guests & Gold Members.

What's Changed
We have dropped the pop-up ad unit completely from Mobile browsers.
The ad-units use a new script to load so should in theory be faster to display but the forum will load without waiting on the advert to display

Please let me know if you experience any issues with the new ads.

19 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Sorry @Div it had to be me....

Every page is like this now, iphone mobile site.

image.png

Yeah that ad unit should be responsive and change to the right size on mobile. Ive disabled that one for now. Thanks!

I'm getting obstructive Amazon Prime ads down each side of the screen on Chrome and there is no way to get rid of them. If I click on them, it's takes me to Amazon website wanting me to join prime but when I go back to Pie n Bovril they're still there.

14 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

I'm getting obstructive Amazon Prime ads down each side of the screen on Chrome and there is no way to get rid of them. If I click on them, it's takes me to Amazon website wanting me to join prime but when I go back to Pie n Bovril they're still there.

I'm having the exact same problem.

On 7/7/2017 at 12:16, Div said:

Our new advert system is now live across the site, displaying to Guests & Gold Members.

What's Changed
We have dropped the pop-up ad unit completely from Mobile browsers.
The ad-units use a new script to load so should in theory be faster to display but the forum will load without waiting on the advert to display

Please let me know if you experience any issues with the new ads.

Div, I'm seeing the AdChoices Amazon Prime advert on every page. It's taking up the bottom two-thirds of the screen and is transparent, the bulk of the advert is up the left and right of the screen and the centre is clear..  Unfortunately, I can't see a close button anywhere.  

I'm on Chrome on a laptop.

ETA: First I should have checked the other posts. Second, the problem is because I;ve got zoom on (150%).  Taking it back to normal and the ads are now down the margins of the page.  Still, for a blind old fart like me, zoom is important,

The Amazon ad is a one day campaign blitz. I'll have a look and see what we can do as I don't want it disrupting absolutely everything. Leave it with me!

Amazon Ad has been removed from mobile and the overlapping issue of the side skin on desktop has been fixed.

Apologies for disruption!

• 2 weeks later...

More problems this morning.  

I've got the Duracell advert taking up the whole page with a Stena Line advert laid over it.  Clicking on the x-close button for the Duracell advert opens up the Stena Line advert on a new tab.  Can't get rid of the Duracell advert other than by opening a second P&B in a new tab.  

Using Chrome on a laptop.

On 27/07/2017 at 17:51, invergowrie arab said:

Browsing mobile site on Android.

Getting redirected to those "your phone has a million viruses" ones that vibrate and you have to completely shut down chrome.

Yep, exactly the same issue yesterday and today.

Go Compare advert is making the web browser snap to the top/bottom of the page when scrolling so you need to watch that arsehole wingwalking whilst singing.

It also bounces you back to the ad when you try and scroll away from it which is absolutely infuriating.

Archived