Port Glasgow Vacancy

PA14

There is no point being made, just saying that being a signed player doesn't  mean you cant move on if things change.                                                                                              Ryan was one of the best players at Winton last season he'll be missed for sure.

It would have been good of Port Glasgow to speak to Ardrossan to ask if it was okay to approach Eddie after he had signed a contract down here just a month ago. As Eddie is still fit to play they might need him as a squad player along with another player who suddenly doesn't like the travel down the coast. Ardrossan may be easy to deal with if the approaches had be done through the proper channels, but maybe not now.

2 hours ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

It would have been good of Port Glasgow to speak to Ardrossan to ask if it was okay to approach Eddie after he had signed a contract down here just a month ago. As Eddie is still fit to play they might need him as a squad player along with another player who suddenly doesn't like the travel down the coast. Ardrossan may be easy to deal with if the approaches had be done through the proper channels, but maybe not now.

The approach was discussed with your manager before Walton agreed to the move. I believe Sandy was disappointed to lose him but wouldn't stand in his way at taking the position at this stage of his career.

Who is the other player who suddenly doesn't like the travel down the coast?

Did someone from the Port's committee speak to the club, proper clubs would have their secretary/chairman make the phone calls/requests to their counter parts. The manager of a club can only offer an opinion, but then passes this onto to the club committee, who at most clubs, make the ultimate decision.

24 minutes ago, Wild Winton Rover said:

Did someone from the Port's committee speak to the club, proper clubs would have their secretary/chairman make the phone calls/requests to their counter parts. The manager of a club can only offer an opinion, but then passes this onto to the club committee, who at most clubs, make the ultimate decision.

Port Glasgow interviewed applicants for the position. 1 of those applicants spoke with his then manager before confirming whether he could take the role. If your manager had said no then I imagine it would be up to the Ports committee to approach Winton and then discuss the options available from it. 

Good luck to all involved, Just hope he doesn't have a major clear out as It was a good young team last year but its his team now so looking forward to this season.

Took the game in last night & was really impressed. New signings did really well. The boy hemphill up front was a joy to watch last night and the boy Mason at left back has been impressive in the games I have watched. The boy that signed from Neilston gave them a torrid time also last night & the lad that signed from Greenock looks decent so far so happy with the signings. I don't know if anyone else has signed though as their is a few young boys been playing as well. Hopefully continue this form in to Saturday at Greenock.

7 hours ago, PA14 said:

Took the game in last night & was really impressed. New signings did really well. The boy hemphill up front was a joy to watch last night and the boy Mason at left back has been impressive in the games I have watched. The boy that signed from Neilston gave them a torrid time also last night & the lad that signed from Greenock looks decent so far so happy with the signings. I don't know if anyone else has signed though as their is a few young boys been playing as well. Hopefully continue this form in to Saturday at Greenock.

Considering the late appointment of the new management team that was a great start! All The Best to for the rest of the season 

Archived