The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

59 minutes ago, B75 said:

Goodbye and good riddance. Throughout my life you lot, Cowdenbeath and East Stirling were battling each other to finish bottom, now you're all gone,never to return..

And you support, Bonnyrigg?

Junior club, junior ground, junior fans!

Very sad to see. Best of luck in trying to make a quick return.

When Montrose were really pish I always felt we were intertwined with Rovers. I beiieve one goal in four games between the clubs in 2009/10 and a massive spat betweeb Steven Tweed and Paul Martin.

Even worse that you've been replaced by B-team cheerleaders. Well. all the best guys.

44 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Great Scottish club wth real character. Remember going to see Rovers v Inverness CT on the day of 9/11 and it was such a cheerful experience it restored some faith in humanity.

WHy can't Elgin City get the drop instead? What have they ever brought to the league system?

A decent social club ?

18 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

And you support, Bonnyrigg?

Junior club, junior ground, junior fans!

Are you implying that last bit is a bad thing? Fan ownership with regular AGMs members can actually vote at to determine who runs the club, along with traditional grounds with terracing rather than soulless lego stands, is better than having your club run into the ground by some complete chancer who controls a majority of shares and is using your club as a tax avoidance strategy (e.g. Hamilton Accies between Jan Stepek and Ronnie MacDonald).

Genuinely gutted for you, folks. My first ever away game watching us was at Cliftonhill all those years ago and we've had so many crackin' matches over the years. Hope you bounce back as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

Genuinely gutted for you, folks. My first ever away game watching us was at Cliftonhill all those years ago and we've had so many crackin' matches over the years. Hope you bounce back as soon as possible.

Bounce back to what exactly?

1 hour ago, B75 said:

Goodbye and good riddance. Throughout my life you lot, Cowdenbeath and East Stirling were battling each other to finish bottom, now you're all gone,never to return..

Cnut

1 hour ago, KirkieRR said:

WHy can't Elgin City get the drop instead? What have they ever brought to the league system?

Decent ground a short walk away from good pubs and 5 miles away from a really nice beach?

27 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

League 2 obviously, you moron.

I feel your pain bro.

I've serious doubts you'll ever see the top Leagues again in your lifetime.

If that Conference League happens and you ain't in it then it will a double relegation by next May.

Edited by PossilYM

Just now, PossilYM said:

I feel your pain bro.

I've serious doubt you'll ever see the top Leagues again in your lifetime.

If that Conference League happens and you ain't in it then it will a double relegation by next May.

You're replying to a Dumbarton fan mate.

10 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Who cares, the grim reaper will becoming for them soon enough 

All those diddy teams will be culled eventually.

Sadly, no p/t team is immune from this fate & this is probably the truest statement on here

2 hours ago, B75 said:

I guess you must be 8 years old then as Cowden were in the Championship or equivalent 4 years out of 5 until 2015.  Or you are just ignorant