The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Connor Shields to Sunderland is a weird one. Still probably better than their current options though...

He'll be playing with the under23s. Full time training will do him the world of good.  From The Time Capsule to full time football - Superb move for him. 

27 minutes ago, teekasule said:

He'll be playing with the under23s. Full time training will do him the world of good.  From The Time Capsule to full time football - Superb move for him. 

Undoubtedly. I just hope it hasn't come too early for Connor and that he doesn't go down there and get lost.

28 minutes ago, teekasule said:

Most of Sunderland's registered players under the age of 23 already in the first team! Agreed though, fantastic opportunity at a huge club, hope it goes well for him.  

• 1 month later...

Got talking to a guy last night, who turned out to be former Rovers Captain Jim Mercer, an absolutely cracking guy who spoke fondly of his time with the rovers under Heatherston (and also his 6 months with QP) and few great stories.
Absolutely no idea why bit i thought it appropriate to post here.

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Got talking to a guy last night, who turned out to be former Rovers Captain Jim Mercer, an absolutely cracking guy who spoke fondly of his time with the rovers under Heatherston (and also his 6 months with QP) and few great stories.

Aye, Jim's a smashing guy. He got a lot of stick at Cliftonhill, which always shocked me as his goal scoring record was excellent.

JIM MERCER      

Born: Glasgow d.o.b: 30 July 1974

Position: Forward    

Teams Seasons Apps. Gls.
Source : Campsie Black watch      
Ayr United 96-97 13 2
Queen's Park 97-98 32 8
Arbroath 98-02 113 10
Albion Rovers 02-05 90 25
Stenhousemuir 05-06 30 8
Montrose 06-07 4 1

Retired      

Totals 282

12 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

St Andrews Bar per chance ? 

• 1 month later...

from the Rovers site " Albion Rovers FC announce that Brian Kerr and Stuart Malcolm have left Cliftonhill after the club's relegation to League 2. After being offered a revised contract for next season Brian has now decided to pursue his career elsewhere". 

Edited by teekasule

7 hours ago, teekasule said:

from the Rovers site " Albion Rovers FC announce that Brian Kerr and Stuart Malcolm have left Cliftonhill after the club's relegation to League 2. After being offered a revised contract for next season Brian has now decided to pursue his career elsewhere". 

I'm surprised this pair were offered any kind of terms to stay. I've held my wheesht until now but, for me, the online video of Kerr and Malcolm in the dressing room etc was the last straw. Neither scary nor inspiring, they resembled the famous Chewin' the Fat pair. God knows where we go from here, with equal uncertainty in the boardroom.

I'm surprised this pair were offered any kind of terms to stay. I've held my wheesht until now but, for me, the online video of Kerr and Malcolm in the dressing room etc was the last straw. Neither scary nor inspiring, they resembled the famous Chewin' the Fat pair. God knows where we go from here, with equal uncertainty in the boardroom.

Which pair, the Banter Boys, the Lighthouse Keepers the Salesmen or the Painters!!!

IMG_3447.jpg

Billy Stark just stepped down from EK. Would be a great appointment if Rovers are looking to go with younger players. However, he’s been tipped to take over the Scotland U19s.

1 minute ago, an86 said:

Billy Stark just stepped down from EK. Would be a great appointment if Rovers are looking to go with younger players. However, he’s been tipped to take over the Scotland U19s.

I thought we agreed on another thread that you were sending us Gus?