The Pastmaster

The Albion Rovers Thread

Strange question perhaps, but is there a good repository of old pictures of Albion Rovers matches?

A home shirt from 1992-1994 has come into my possession and I'd love to see it in action, but perusing google hasn't yielded anything.

1 hour ago, DutchBorderer said:

Strange question perhaps, but is there a good repository of old pictures of Albion Rovers matches?

A home shirt from 1992-1994 has come into my possession and I'd love to see it in action, but perusing google hasn't yielded anything.

From Season 1993-94 v Huntly. Checkout twitter @OldRovers for other photos from yester year

4C2F13D9-459A-4C4B-A2A9-B552D4555CDE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Vodka Vic said:

From Season 1993-94 v Huntly. Checkout twitter @OldRovers for other photos from yester year

Thank you, much obliged. Exactly what I needed. Odd look for the team, yellow shorts - always picture the wee Rovers as wearing red shorts.

3 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

4C2F13D9-459A-4C4B-A2A9-B552D4555CDE.jpeg

Square posts in that photo too!

1 hour ago, qos1990 said:

Euan east anyone? Played on trial for us yesterday, seemingly at ayr also

Yeah, he's apparently looking for full-time football, having rejected our offer. I suspect that will mean quite a few trials and I'm personally not sure he'll get a full-time gig.

From what I've heard, he certainly lives his life the right way but I'm not sure I've seen anything from him that would suggest he would be a boon for a side outside the bottom divisions. That said, attitude and hard work can bridge the gap, and he shouldn't be found wanting on either. I suspect he probably regrets leaving now full-time Queens Park to come to us last summer, to be honest.

Certainly, I'd have him back and our new manager is on record as saying the same.

Euan east anyone? Played on trial for us yesterday, seemingly at ayr also
Decent player, as said above the manager has left an offer on the table if he wants it after he said he wants away,

Would be surprised if he gets full time tbh but a decent player.

Threw toys out the prqm at queens when he was told he wouldn't be 1st name on the teamsheet every week

On 22/09/2020 at 05:50, Chris_the_rover said:

Finally revealing our new kitScreenshot_20200922-134914_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

Assuming red shorts? Would be nice to see a switch out between red and yellow shorts

11 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

Yup red shorts & socks. The back of the jersey is solid red.

Loving the shirt though! The solid red would be better for seeing the numbers. 

Always liked the Rovers! Great wee stadium! 

Had Robert Love on podcast that I do this week which you guys might find interesting. Really good guest and spoke fondly of his time at the club.

https://anchor.fm/sff-podcast/episodes/S10E13-Robert-Love-Will-Take-You-Apart-ekcvb2

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1orZ9eZFiCLCpKoZGyujJD?si=Z7yBxyI4TkWuRMZ59jBT6w

Don't know much at all about young Joshua Burke but Joseph Moore is a well-thought of talent. Hope they both do well for you. 

Do you guys still have Nick McAllister from us - either on loan or permanently? A few folk saying he’s in your squad but can’t find anything official.