The Albion Rovers Thread

The Pastmaster

28 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Spot the contrast berwick thread in melt down !!!Rovers thread  calm  !!!

That's because most Rovers fans have had their meltdown since the start of the season with the bonkers appointment we made. 

In all seriousness it feels like we are a million miles from safety and that's because it wouldn't take much for us to get relegated. I will say though that was a great point today - good to see a bit of character after last week's result. Honestly thought the arse had fallen out it again after a good run. Long,long way to go.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Big point today, lads!

10 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

Great point today. What a turnaround this season, hope you make that 9th place yours ready to reset for next season.
Think you've got the right management in place for sure.

Huge point today, roll on next week

Just now, Vodka Vic said:

Good Rangers boy. Good sellic boy.

I'd be interested to see if I'm the only one who doesn't get that. Cryptic Vic, indeed!

Brilliant result yesterday and fair play to those who are still travelling to fixtures like this. I've only been to two away fixtures all year and at times it's been a struggle convincing myself to travel to Coatbridge to watch them. I therefore found myself bouncing about with my kids at the Falkirk Wheel at 4.50 yesterday when Smart's goal came through, and would like to apologise to any strangers that I scared :lol:

I'll be at all three of the final games now though; is 'glory hunting Albion Rovers supporter' an oxymoronic term?

It's in your hands, which is remarkable in itself. There was a real end of days vibe around Shielfield, yesterday. Home support, understandably, making their feelings known and their team going down with a whimper. They're going to need to pull something from somewhere. 

4 hours ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

I'd be interested to see if I'm the only one who doesn't get that. Cryptic Vic, indeed!

It is patter theft (oops did it again) from scottish comedian Limmy's twitter account and tribute to Scott-Replay's profile pic, thankfully he got it .

For what it's worth to Rovers fans, having just seen both teams back to back you've more in the tank than the Gers at this critical time. Even if both teams lose next week your significant goal advantage (or should that be significantly less disadvantage) means a draw at Shielfield would do.  A win, which is definitely achievable, will see you safe. And with so many ex-QP players, what can possibly go wrong?

Well done to the Rovers - a remarkable turnaround. All but mathematically safe now surely.

The team we faced in the Challenge Cup was comfortably one of the worst senior sides I've ever seen and I made a couple of quid on bets early in the season (which has since been 'reinvested'). However, happy to see the club survive - always had a soft spot.

How big an impact has Harper had?