• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
The Pastmaster

The Albion Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, ShiPi said:

Ludere causa Ludendi?

Not sure what the Latin is for "win at all costs" is, but I'd be on board with it. 

5 minutes ago, an86 said:

Not sure what the Latin is for "win at all costs" is, but I'd be on board with it. 

How about pro lucrari conparare....win for the sake of winning? Would fir nicely on the club crest too.

Well done Rovers. Big game next week now.

28 minutes ago, Cowden loyal brethern said:

Spot the contrast berwick thread in melt down !!!Rovers thread  calm  !!!

That's because most Rovers fans have had their meltdown since the start of the season with the bonkers appointment we made. 

In all seriousness it feels like we are a million miles from safety and that's because it wouldn't take much for us to get relegated. I will say though that was a great point today - good to see a bit of character after last week's result. Honestly thought the arse had fallen out it again after a good run. Long,long way to go.

Great point today. What a turnaround this season, hope you make that 9th place yours ready to reset for next season.
Think you've got the right management in place for sure.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Big point today, lads!

10 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

Great point today. What a turnaround this season, hope you make that 9th place yours ready to reset for next season.
Think you've got the right management in place for sure.

Huge point today, roll on next week

17 hours ago, Scott-Replay said:

A good boy Smart. Always liked him.

Good Rangers boy. Good sellic boy.

Just now, Vodka Vic said:

I'd be interested to see if I'm the only one who doesn't get that. Cryptic Vic, indeed!

Brilliant result yesterday and fair play to those who are still travelling to fixtures like this. I've only been to two away fixtures all year and at times it's been a struggle convincing myself to travel to Coatbridge to watch them. I therefore found myself bouncing about with my kids at the Falkirk Wheel at 4.50 yesterday when Smart's goal came through, and would like to apologise to any strangers that I scared :lol:

I'll be at all three of the final games now though; is 'glory hunting Albion Rovers supporter' an oxymoronic term?

It's in your hands, which is remarkable in itself. There was a real end of days vibe around Shielfield, yesterday. Home support, understandably, making their feelings known and their team going down with a whimper. They're going to need to pull something from somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Vodka Vic said:

A much appreciated reference there, Vic. Yer a good Rovers boy!

4 hours ago, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

I'd be interested to see if I'm the only one who doesn't get that. Cryptic Vic, indeed!

It is patter theft (oops did it again) from scottish comedian Limmy's twitter account and tribute to Scott-Replay's profile pic, thankfully he got it .

For what it's worth to Rovers fans, having just seen both teams back to back you've more in the tank than the Gers at this critical time. Even if both teams lose next week your significant goal advantage (or should that be significantly less disadvantage) means a draw at Shielfield would do.  A win, which is definitely achievable, will see you safe. And with so many ex-QP players, what can possibly go wrong?

Well done to the Rovers - a remarkable turnaround. All but mathematically safe now surely.

The team we faced in the Challenge Cup was comfortably one of the worst senior sides I've ever seen and I made a couple of quid on bets early in the season (which has since been 'reinvested'). However, happy to see the club survive - always had a soft spot.

How big an impact has Harper had?