• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
The Pastmaster

The Albion Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Not to mention "pay what you want" season ticket and match entry as well as generous charity donations.

It might not have worked out well but surely the club should’ve been applauded for trying something new. 

While i agree the £10,000 to cash for kids looks foolish now but are we really having a go at club for giving to charity.

im no finance expert but maybe that reduced tax bill or something. 

It might not have worked out well but surely the club should’ve been applauded for trying something new. 
While i agree the £10,000 to cash for kids looks foolish now but are we really having a go at club for giving to charity.
im no finance expert but maybe that reduced tax bill or something. 
Both were laudible.
Both were foolish.
Both were ultimately negligent in regard to the future wellbeing of the club.

This is not hindsight. I thought it at the time.

6 hours ago, Yoda8 said:

There’s got to be a balancing act. If you don’t spend money on Park then you end up bottom of league and it becomes false economy.  If rovers go down they lose the Spfl money then they won’t be able to service any debt.

You wouldn’t pay all your wages towards clearing your mortgage early to sit in the house with no TV or couch 

Was there enough money that splitting it would make a substantial impact on either problem?

You can almost be certain that the banks will ask for the loans to be paid back pronto and overdrafts to be cleared almost straight away, should you lose your SPFL status. Is there a plan in action for that?

10k to Cash for Kids from limited funds must rank as one of the stupidest gestures from a Scottish football club since Celtic paid Bobo Balde more than 30k a week. Utter nonsense when faced with continually pish crowds and a stadium in desperate need of investment.

Still, that's in the past but I fear for Rovers if they don't retain their League status.

You can almost be certain that the banks will ask for the loans to be paid back pronto and overdrafts to be cleared almost straight away, should you lose your SPFL status. Is there a plan in action for that?
Clearing a debt frees up future cash and makes sense.

How is wee john cunningham getting on at use? Ive noticed hea not been playing much lately is he injuried? Wouldnt mind him at us(clydebank)

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

How is wee john cunningham getting on at use? Ive noticed hea not been playing much lately is he injuried? Wouldnt mind him at us(clydebank)

We let him go to Cambuslang,,,

There's a feature on Albion Rovers in this month's "When Saturday Comes". McGlashan is alive and well in Coatbridge it seems:

"..'That's the man' exclaims one with delight in response to a friend's anecdote 'that's the man who was arrested for shouting abuse at a car just because it had an English number plate. There wasnae even anyone in the car!'..." 

Jason Krones ex Motherwell reserves defender signs for you guys, played as trialist last week apparently.

On 11/01/2019 at 14:01, Ross Forbes said:

I see on Twitter that you've signed Michael Hardie. Presumably this Michael Hardie :lol:

https://www.clydebankpost.co.uk/news/14134257.footballer-caught-by-cops-in-a-pool-of-his-own-sick-breaching-curfew/

We all make mistakes when were young .....Have you ever seen him play ?

Good wee player

9 hours ago, holsten said:

Good wee player

I wasn't having a go at his footballing ability, the name just rung a bell from local papers.

13 hours ago, holsten said:

Good wee player

He is a cracking wee player. Strong with both feet, quick, tenacious, and bags of heart. if he's with us through some poor life decisions, then hopefully we can help him find his proper level; I suspect that is higher than League 2.

There was a few jokes on the way out yesterday than giving the boy another bottle of champagne as MOTM might not be good for him. I'm sure he's passed it on to his Mum though :)

On 13/01/2019 at 12:22, Aloysius Snuffleupagus said:

He is a cracking wee player. Strong with both feet, quick, tenacious, and bags of heart. if he's with us through some poor life decisions, then hopefully we can help him find his proper level; I suspect that is higher than League 2.

There was a few jokes on the way out yesterday than giving the boy another bottle of champagne as MOTM might not be good for him. I'm sure he's passed it on to his Mum though :)

Morrison in goal again on Sat? And any idea who the #3 was? :)

12 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

Morrison in goal again on Sat? And any idea who the #3 was? :)

Yeah, P.J was released by Motherwell at New Year, and is apparently playing as a trialist in the hope of getting a full-time club.

No idea on #3, but will post it here once I know.

7 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

Can't remember 3 name apparantly was over in America for a while and had a cracking game last week for the reserves

trump.jpg.9e299dc0443ba54c1036f88ca7078c7d.jpg

Be President or make Rovers great again? It's a no brainer, it really is, folks. By the way I'm going to build a bigger wall around Cliftonhill and make Airdrie pay for it!