• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
The Pastmaster

The Albion Rovers Thread

Thanks mate appreciate that.
Hope the lad does well, good boy from a nice family.

Very interesting appointment by Albion Rovers. I used to watch Harper play for Portsmouth, many years back, and he was a cracking wee player, if he can get that into coaching then Albion Rovers have landed on their feet.

Wish him the best of luck, you showed against us that you have a bunch of players that can battle their way out of this, and I would personally like to see you do it.

Wonder if he will claim racism when he is eventually sacked from the Wee Rovers?

Beat his wife while at Dunfermline, has since claimed racism is the reason he hasn't got a managers job. 

He seems like an utter arsehole tbh. 

Any word who Harper assistant is going to be?

Harper was our U20s coach for two months in 2015. I don't even know if he took the team for a game as he was appointed over the summer. Was all very odd. 

On 11/7/2018 at 19:47, mo83 said:

Any word who Harper assistant is going to be?

Joe McLaughlin.

3 hours ago, teekasule said:

Joe McLaughlin.

A great defender in his time , was he player/coach at Clydebank at one point? I hope he sorts our defence out although Franco Baresi would have his work cut out with that lot. Anyway we need another couple of defenders .

On 07/11/2018 at 14:02, Grant228 said:

Beat his wife while at Dunfermline, has since claimed racism is the reason he hasn't got a managers job. 

He seems like an utter arsehole tbh. 

I didn't know she played for Dunfermline.

22 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I know you got beat yesterday but any sign of improvement at all?

We have signed Gerard , a spanish  student who has been a breath of fresh air and Robert Jones - big striker in the John Gemmell mould - so that is an improvement. Also had PJ Morrison in goals on losn from Motherwell- this lad will do well in the future.

Midfield and defence is way off I'm afraid. We need a Gerry McLaughlin type like QP have IMO .

It's a difficult one - the mood about the place is of quiet resignation that 10th spot is ours with a good chance of losing the relegation playoff.

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with erstwhile Rovers captain Mick Dunlop and I reckon you'll enjoy it.

CLICK

He said his four years at Cliftonhill were the best of his career and he talks really fondly about his time with the club - the cup runs, the big games, the titles win, his team-mates etc. I think this is the best interview we've done so far. Crack on!

Really enjoyed the first two instalments looking forward to hearing the final part. Yes been best of your podcasts so far. Mick has come across very well in it.

On 26/11/2018 at 18:33, Francesc Fabregas said:

Alright lads, I recorded a podcast with erstwhile Rovers captain Mick Dunlop and I reckon you'll enjoy it.

CLICK

He said his four years at Cliftonhill were the best of his career and he talks really fondly about his time with the club - the cup runs, the big games, the titles win, his team-mates etc. I think this is the best interview we've done so far. Crack on!

Just made it to the end of this wonderful trilogy! I trust the Pele production team kept Cesc and Mick supplied with ample coffee to get through that.

At the risk of boring anyone who reads these columns: the biggest mistake the Rovers made in 2017 was letting Mick go. We should have been sorting him out with a player-coach role and possibly we'd be in a better place now.